PDA

View Full Version : I want to get this game... After a few questions.

Pajjama
09-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Alright, I have a few questions before I can get this game.

Question 1:
Is there a server browser? Reading about it, it sounds like online is a good chunk of fun, is there a server browser?

Question 2:
Is there a offline mode VS NPC's other then story mode?

Question 3:
Is there any little extras that I should know about *Like a soundtrack or the ability to use a gamepad for split screen, little things that are incentives. Also, is there a demo anywhere?*

If you have answers, you can post down below.

NickCarney94
09-15-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll only post what I know for sure.

Q2, the only way to face the computer is through the story mode. Aside from the skipable cutscene, this is akin to a skirmish mode. Every level has a unique map and enemy to battle and there are no story elements bogging down the actual gameplay. That being said, it is currently not possible to replay earlier levels with the towers you unlock later in the game though with the level of support the developers have shown, I'm sure this will be added in the near future.

Q3, there is a soundtrack but I haven't checked it out yet.

Local splitscreen is also an option but I'm not sure if this supports two controllers or just one and the mouse/keyboard.

And finally, I've heard that there is a demo being developed but it's not available yet.

Hope this helps :)

Pajjama
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I'll only post what I know for sure.

Q2, the only way to face the computer is through the story mode. Aside from the skipable cutscene, this is akin to a skirmish mode. Every level has a unique map and enemy to battle and there are no story elements bogging down the actual gameplay. That being said, it is currently not possible to replay earlier levels with the towers you unlock later in the game though with the level of support the developers have shown, I'm sure this will be added in the near future.

Q3, there is a soundtrack but I haven't checked it out yet.

Local splitscreen is also an option but I'm not sure if this supports two controllers or just one and the mouse/keyboard.

And finally, I've heard that there is a demo being developed but it's not available yet.

Hope this helps :)

WHAT ABOUT ONLINE MODE, DON'T U HAVE GAME, U CHECK, PLOX!

Sorry, but its ALSO A TRAP!!

Joking, but yeah, thanks, I just need to know about multiplayer.

NickCarney94
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
WHAT ABOUT ONLINE MODE, DON'T U HAVE GAME, U CHECK, PLOX!

Sorry, but its ALSO A TRAP!!

Joking, but yeah, thanks, I just need to know about multiplayer.

I don't know what a server browser is, sorry :(

I've only down the multiplayer once so far. I just clicked join game, it matched me up with another player and we faced (no lag!). Simple as that :D

Pajjama
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't know what a server browser is, sorry :(

I've only down the multiplayer once so far. I just clicked join game, it matched me up with another player and we faced (no lag!). Simple as that :D

Ah, peer to peer system, DOH WELL, BUYINNNGGG MMYYYY LLLAAAASSEEERR to sell to get the game on Steam. :D

palad1nczech
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
yes, it does have the simple server browser, so players can create their own lobby.