PDA

View Full Version : Nice Game!

xX_Renegade_Xx
09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm glad I picked this up, fun little game and very hard using the keyboard but it's just practice I think, I'm slowly getting a bit better but I think a game pad might be a good investment to see if I can improve further.

The ship movement is why I bought this and thankfully it's the same as the video, nice and precise, a little too precise sometimes as I fell off the play area a few times.

Graphics are good, nice and clear and the sound is good.

I've only been up to the Arachnophobia level so far with a pitiful 211,000+ score but I'm new so hopefully I'll get better.

Nice game devs! :D

BongPig
09-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks renegade!

Its quite tricky with keyboard. Do you have an xbox controller? They work really well with the game.

xX_Renegade_Xx
09-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Its quite tricky with keyboard. Do you have an xbox controller? They work really well with the game.

I don't but maybe I should consider buying one, might improve my game!

zenpunk
09-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Yes, a very nice game. Probably a little overpriced, considering it's over a decade old. I remember playing this way back then, on Mac, when it was called Space Tripper.

I was kind of hoping the new version would have at least a new level or 2 (or 3) ... but based on the locked level names it looks the same as I remember it.

Still though ... for the price of a ticket to the movies this is a must buy.

tward059
09-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Was going to buy this, but friend can't get it to work with an Xbox controller. Say's playing with keyboard is awful.

camdencouncil
09-16-2011, 02:10 PM
the game works with a 360 controller (and the windows version),
as long as they are plugged in before starting the game
hope that helps

zenpunk
09-17-2011, 09:13 AM
works fine with my xbox controller