PDA

View Full Version : The One Room I Fear

bagofbones
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm not afraid of anything the game throws at you but there is one room I've deliberately avoided, the bathroom of Chapter VI. ( up the first stairs ,down the hall on your left ) Managed it on normal but died 10 times in a row on harder difficulties trying to clear that room but no cigar.

First of all it locks you in, a tiny area with little maneuvering and the enemies just seem too not stop. You kill a massive group only to see more and more pour out of the vents. We all know how quick those small machine buggers murder you up close, oh and your own explosives will probably kill you anyway.

I hate that room! You know what I mean?

sykoex
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Use/Get the "faster reload" upgrade for the Shotgun if possible. Without that, I don't know how I would have done it in Insane mode.

Hashmallum
09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
This is my favourite place on insane :)

virtualmatrix25
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
It's madness! MADNESS!!

Cato269
09-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh god. I haven't invested much in crowd control skills. I managed this on insane with the charge beam only.

Never again.

Mr. Wonko
09-16-2011, 01:32 AM
I hate that room! You know what I mean?
I know what you mean. I did manage to survive on my first try on hard, but I was still somewhat creeped out by the lights going black, which obviously made seeing hard, too. But yeah, I too mostly used the shotgun, as far as I can remember.

(I was actually surprised at that point - after reading so much about the game being short I thought Atlas would be the end boss...)

johnnythewolf
09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
I know what you mean. This room is utterly impossible with explosive weapons; not enough room to maneuver. I intend to try again later with an electric weapon. The one that shoots lightning should do the trick.

pelotron
09-16-2011, 09:44 PM
This room is definitely out of the ordinary. I loved it. Hunkered down in the corner and used all the ammo left in my blaster, then barely got out alive with the shotgun.

cloropad
09-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow, I just got to this room on hard and died about 15 times, then I tried the upgrade on the electric mortar, to hold the enemies still. It worked great, then near the end I ran out of ammo, and switched to shotgun. And I beat the room with 0 damage!

Edit: on nevermind, I got the hold still upgrade but didn't even know I had to press mouse 2 to use it. So I didn't use it to beat the room.

pelotron
09-17-2011, 02:50 PM
<3 NRG

PsYcHo126
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Just one word: Blaster!

Loved that part! I just thought "God! Stop coming out of the vent!" :D

BoomSlang
09-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I died at least 8 times there on Hard. I didn't have the reload upgrade for the shotty yet either. At one point in time I thought maybe it was just made that way to ♥♥♥♥ with you; I thought maybe it was a trap.

NKC42
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I like to pop a gravity grenade or two to get started, and then mop up with the shotgun.