PDA

View Full Version : I can't play CSS and CS 1.6

McFeel92
09-16-2011, 01:14 AM
First, I apologize for my English because it is so bad. I've been a month with a problem with this game and after watching hundreds of forums and trying some possible solutions I dicided to write with the hope of finding a solution.

I have a steam account with this game and Counter Strike 1.6. A year ago, I used to played with my current PC using Windows Vista. I had no problem. Well, I installed the windows 7and do not try to play. But a month ago I tried to play again and installed both games. I can not play with two games

In Source when I start a game I see purple boxes, I can not see the weapons and from time to time I even slightly darkens the screen. I donít think that i have Problems of textures because I tried to download several of there and the problem has not been solved.

In the 1.6 the problem I have is that when I open the game screen tur nit black but you hear the menu game. Nothing more, I searched for solutions but nothing.

If someone can give me a solution or explain me what is happening i would be so aprecciated. Right now I have not information about my computer and graphic card, but I think that it is not the problem because before Windows 7 were been installed, the game runs correctly.

Thank you very much for reading:)

acidpark
09-16-2011, 02:24 AM
not sure what you mean but sounds like a "purple checker box texture" thing - try in steam library window > counterstrike: source > properties (rightclick) > Local Files (tab) > "Verify Intergritiy of Game Cache"

or try new/update graphics drivers

Iamgreat
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Might be your video card dying dude lol