PDA

View Full Version : Crashes during game

patmansecondo
09-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Hello,

I bought this game with all the DLC yesterday and now I'm facing many problems with crashes.
When I load a previous saved game, usually the game crashes and return to desktop after 3-4 seconds of black screen (but I can hear the music of the game): this kind of problem happens about 50% of the times.
Therefore, sometimes it crashes during normal playing: it crashed 5 minutes ago when I was placing a bus stop in the first map.
Is somebody having the same problems? :confused:
I play many games but only this one is not working properly... :(

My system:
Windows XP totally updated
INTEL E6600
2 GB RAM
RADEON 5770 512 MB

Thanks

Zulu Smasher
09-17-2011, 08:17 AM
same happening to me.

HD 6950 2GB
Phenom ii X4 945 @3.1ghz
4GB Ram DDR3
Win7 64

patmansecondo
09-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I tried updating Radeon drivers to latest version but nothing changed.
I cannot play more than 15-20 minutes without crashing. :(

Wavelabs
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Same here.
I informed game publisher's tech support.
can't believe they have not posted anything about this problem any where.
and steam I dont think knows of this problem either.

Hope a solutions is coming.
I am not too happy this game is not working after I purchased it.

patmansecondo
09-18-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm really unpleased: I like this game but cannot play it properly. :mad:
Therefore I'm having a new problem that I cannot tell if it's due to a bug or if I'm not able to understand: in first campaign mission I cannot build the tram line. Even if I build a very simple circular closed railway, even putting only 2 stations, I cannot "add the stop" in creating the line, not even the first one. After some attempts, usually the game crashes... :confused:
In tutorial mission I managed easily to start the tram line.

xzoltan
09-18-2011, 01:56 AM
Same problem here. I started a thread on their official website as well. For me it seems to be an OpenGL issue. (At least that's the error message I get). And it happens usually when trying to place bus stops.

The news wasn't good though. He said that I most likely would have to wait for Nvidia to fix it and send out some new drivers (I use GeForce).

patmansecondo
09-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Thanks for your comments guys :)
As written, I have a Radeon card and I don't receive any error message. Simply the screen becomes black, then there is a quick "white horizontal lines flickering" and I return to desktop. No need to restart the pc, I can load again the game immediately. Sometimes I need to repeat the load of saved game 3-4 times before starting to play.
Crashes during game usually happen during a "click": placing a bus stop, clicking on a vehicle, etc.

patmansecondo
09-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Maybe I found a solution: I switched off gloom and shadow effects and didn't crashed anymore in last 45 minutes. I managed to place tram line as well.:D
Now I'll try to switch on first gloom and then shadows, to understand which one is the "guilty".

patmansecondo
09-19-2011, 12:45 AM
After some attempts I understand that switching off shadows/gloom reduces the number of crashes but not solve the problem. I continue to have crashes during game, even if less frequent than before :(