PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Devs

Torgul
09-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Its really nice to see you guys responding to threads, working on patches and generally supporting your game.

Keep up the good work guys. Much appreciated.

T.

Pyronious
09-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks. I hate trying to get support for a game and having my request just go into a black hole or, even worse, a crowd of angry villagers getting ready to grab their pitchforks and torches.

Thanks for being patient as we address these issues. This is our first PC game so there are lots of gotchas to be aware of. Add to that the fact that there's just three of us and we have quite a challenge keeping up. Overall though I think it's been a very solid release and most folks seem to be happy.

Thanks for the kind words. Have a great weekend!

ceemeeir
09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I like indie games because the ratio of price:entertainment level is much better than some of the AAA games!
And because of the fair pricing you got a new buyer and my thank you!

johnpeat
09-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I'll throw my thanks in here too - this game is ridiculously good value for money...

My favourite bit is the way the robotic voice pitch-shifts in the intro - it just adds so much character to the whole thing - it's the little things which catch your attention.

The whole game's sound design is excellent ofc. - but that's just the icing on the cake :)

xX_Renegade_Xx
09-17-2011, 11:14 AM
this game is ridiculously good value for money...

This!

Will add my name here too, thank you :D

Spattercat
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Agreed, great job from a trio of guys.

Swesent
09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm still on the fence to buy this game, so my thanks is a bit off track still. The thought behind Xotic grows on me by the minute so it may not be long...

Anyway - one of the most positive things I feel toward indie-games and their developers is the interaction they usually have with the gamers/customers and their constant aim of improvement.

Where the developers of AAA-games, after release, usually focus on patching - the indie developers not only fix bugs, they keep improving their game as well. So when I spend, usually a very small sum, on an indie-game, I know that not only have I just bought a very good game - I have also bought a product which has a great chance of getting even better over a short to medium time!

I feel a great appreciation towards most indie developers out there for doing this - for listening and talking to their customers and for improving what they've already released. After reading through this game forum I'm convinced that you (Xotic devs) fit perfectly in this group as well!

pnptcn
09-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Yep, I had a pretty good time with this game last night. It was good fun going through the levels and getting higher scores and trying different things. Good job on a unique take on FPS gameplay. My only suggestions at this point are polish up the video options and include support for multi-button mouses. There is some stuff I'd love to map to my mouses M4 and M5 buttons, but the keyboard configuration I've come up with is completely serviceable, so I don't consider any of this game breaking. Some of the default control scheme choices on Keyboard aren't that great either, like weapon scrolling on the arrow keys (which reminds me, support for scroll up to switch primary and scroll down for secondary would be great), or weapon swapping being bound to LShift and RShift. It took some trial and error to get a configuration together that didn't have my left hand leaping around the keyboard.