PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge DRM on Steam?

Sir Arun
09-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I had heard that this game originally came with limited installations, but the retail disc version can have this fixed via the "EA Deauthorization tool".

However, what about the steam version? Can someone tell me whether it has DRM? Whether it works with the EA Deauthorization tool? Or not needed?

Thanks

TJF588
09-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Unofficial List of Steam Games with DRM (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1537801)

More specifically, The Big DRM List (http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/the-big-drm-list/) (just Ctrl+F for "mirror"). Looks like it just needs an EA Account, though I can't tell if you have to stay online.

SmileyBarry
09-17-2011, 12:21 PM
No DRM at all. You only need an EA account to upload time trial times, and even then there's no serial key.

Barthez
09-17-2011, 01:44 PM
No DRM at all. You only need an EA account.

Is this mandatory ? Can I play this game w/o internet access and creation of EA account?

wits
09-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Is this mandatory ? Can I play this game w/o internet access and creation of EA account?

I'll tell you in about half an hour.

kn00tcn
09-17-2011, 02:27 PM
yes of course, the ea account is just for the time trials section, not the story mode

cant get the dlc though since steam has no cdkey & dlc wants a cdkey

wits
09-17-2011, 04:20 PM
An EA account is only required for the time trials*. Also since it is optional, I'm pretty sure you don't have to be online to play.

But Steam requires you launch it at least once before while online before you can play it offline.

*That's only if you want your times recorded online. Playing offline will store your time locally.

Mist69
09-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I had heard that this game originally came with limited installations, but the retail disc version can have this fixed via the "EA Deauthorization tool".

However, what about the steam version? Can someone tell me whether it has DRM? Whether it works with the EA Deauthorization tool? Or not needed?

Thanks

if you do decide to get it just scan your pc with the EA Deauthorization tool, and it will till you if the drm was there