PDA

View Full Version : "steam client is too busy to process your request"

Miffythebunny
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
First, this was just a CS:S problem, it started three days ago RIGHT AFTER the update. Now TF2 still works, but every other game run by steam, such as L4D, doesnt work. I looked up the problem on the steam support page, no solutions worked, and i know for a fact its not a connection problem, ive had the same connection for years. Idk what else to do, what will fix it. I've sent steam a support ticket, they have yet to send me a reply. Now im a hard working guy, all i want is to come home after my long shifts, sit down, and enjoy me some counterstrike. Any OTHER solutions? Cause its starting to really piss me off.

Mathias#
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey, i was about to post about the exact same problem.

I got the same error message, when everyone else was playing after the update last week.
Restarted steam, didnt work, deleted css, didnt work.

Did everything that this support thread said i should do. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521

The css beta works just fine, so its probably the other update that came earlier that day. ( isnt that why we have the freakin beta anyways?)

I find it amusing that we have a beta for months, and valve makes an engine update the same day and releases it without it going through the beta first.

If you simply switch the beta and normal css all would be fine.

( also, why isnt any engine updates going to the beta? isnt that just weird? havent seen a single engine update on the beta yet)

Miffythebunny
09-19-2011, 07:24 AM
My thoughts exactly. Why make a huge update in CS:S, before running it through tests in the beta?

We should have been allowed a chance to see if we liked the changes through BETA first, that's what i thought it was meant for?

(Update) Okay, I guess steam employees don't work on the weekends, seeing how it is now monday, my account is working. They must've seen my support ticket, but they didn't bother replying to it lol. figures. Thanks steam, but really, the beta is there for a reason.

Mathias#
09-19-2011, 07:40 AM
My thoughts exactly. Why make a huge update in CS:S, before running it through tests in the beta?

We should have been allowed a chance to see if we liked the changes through BETA first, that's what i thought it was meant for?

(Update) Okay, I guess steam employees don't work on the weekends, seeing how it is now monday, my account is working. They must've seen my support ticket, but they didn't bother replying to it lol. figures. Thanks steam, but really, the beta is there for a reason.

well you misunderstood me.

edit; Reinstalling steam completely seems to fix the issue.
Shouldnt have to do it tho, not everyone has 25mb internet line. ( but I do!)

The weapon changes and such have been in beta quite awhile.

but the engine update does not go trough the beta, it just goes live.

And my account still isnt working.

edit; Reinstalling steam completely seems to fix the issue.
Shouldnt have to do it tho, not everyone has 25mb internet line. ( but I do!)