PDA

View Full Version : Add ability to limit group invites to friends only?

spyware89
09-19-2011, 06:30 PM
It seems like a lot more often recently after playing a game of L4D2 with some trolls or unsavory people, I get spammed invites to various Steam groups like "LOL U MAD BRO" "DID I MAKE U RAGE" that kind of thing. And it is getting really annoying. So throwing a suggestion out there for a future update to steam, another privacy setting to limit who can invite you to groups.

leilei
09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd like it too just so I don't get invited to all these "The #1 Clan fastest growing community on Steam" groups. Group blacklisting would be ideal.

spyware89
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Really? no one else has been having this problem? I know the friend I am usually in games with has been complaining about it too.

somini
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Really? no one else has been having this problem? I know the friend I am usually in games with has been complaining about it too.
Set your profile to be seen only by friends.

leilei
09-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Set your profile to be seen only by friends.
Doesn't stop group invites.

spyware89
09-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah, i've had mine that way for months, doesn't help

real4xor
09-27-2011, 06:06 AM
It would be nice if the option`s there.

Perfect strangers are really rare anyway. hahah.

Fatbubba
09-27-2011, 06:53 AM
I would love this.

I have to admit, in recent months I only got a handful of invites, but I still don't see why I have to suffer even one group invite by a stranger.

spyware89
09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I got invites to 26 groups from one person tonight, not kidding... steam lagged real bad, they must have used a script to do it because i got all of them in under a second.

๖ۣۜOverlord
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
It seems like a lot more often recently after playing a game of L4D2 with some trolls or unsavory people, I get spammed invites to various Steam groups like "LOL U MAD BRO" "DID I MAKE U RAGE" that kind of thing. And it is getting really annoying. So throwing a suggestion out there for a future update to steam, another privacy setting to limit who can invite you to groups.

I to am sick and tired of group invites spams from trolls.

Legacyfire
11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
/signed

I'm sick and tired of getting random group invites from people i have no association with.

And i'd just report them from their community page if their group was something stupid like "LOL U MAD BRO", maybe even get a few friends in on the action

kraken
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Bumping this because I'm sick of tired of those spam invites.
Adding an option "Allow only friends to send you group invites" is not rocket science.
Instead of this, they are making that new community social crap.

Spartan C001
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Bumping this because I'm sick of tired of those spam invites.
Adding an option "Allow only friends to send you group invites" is not rocket science.
Instead of this, they are making that new community social crap.

Haha i got the community beta, and within like 5 mins, i was like nooooo wheres the opt out of beta button! It has improved a little, but not brilliant still :/

UndeadNecro
09-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I would probably just use it to ignore these foreign groups, but it's a good idea non-the-less.