PDA

View Full Version : The obligitory "daily deal" is it worth it thread.....

cylon
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Discuss..... :D

Dinodragon
09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I played the demo a few weeks ago, and it wasn't that great. There's nothing bad but there's nothing new or innovative either. It's too standard and nothing really makes it stick out from the crowd. It just feels like another free flash game on ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. But then again, I only played the demo for about an hour so maybe the game gets better.

luizfalves
09-20-2011, 11:49 AM
It's a great game, lots of fun. It's a regular everyday tower defense, but it gets things just right. I'm not sure about this price being worth it, though, since I got mine for 1 dollar.

thynth
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I bought it for full price when it was released. Didn't regret it, but as mentioned above "there's nothing new or innovative" in this game, just a solid, standard, already-known one.
I had pretty much fun but it gets really hard in the end. And I got frustrated, just beat the Allied campaign.

I can recommend it to absolute TowerDefense-lovers. :D

1,99€ here, now or never. ;)

Eunos
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Get it, I'm hoping they release the second one via Steam as well and for the price it's a steal.

criipsii
09-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Its worth it
I got it at full price too when it first came out and don't regret it either

Abaris365
09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Played the demo and fell in love with it. It costs next to nothing, so you really can't go wrong...

Cpryd001
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Playing ONLY the demo, it feels like a low-quality iphone game. I'm guessing that's why it's called iBomber Defense, as they were hoping to aim the iOS market.

There are a bunch of other games at a better value than $2.50. Defense Grid ($2.50) and Anomaly ($3.33), and Sanctum ($3.75) are high-quality top notch tower defense. Atom Zombie Smasher ($2.98) is also really REALLY good, although not a traditional tower defense game.

And then there's Plants Vs Zombies($3.39), Monday Night Combat ($3.75)...

NOTE that the prices I quoted where when they were on sale, for comparison's sake. They'll be on sale again.

EDIT : Guess who didn't check out the midweek madness sale. The Indie Strategy Bundle has Anomaly, Defense Grid, Revenge of the Titans, Sanctum and Sol Survivor. All of them really REALLY great games. $10.

Purponic
09-20-2011, 11:39 PM
No! Just by playing the demo its not worth $2.50 and I'm usually the guy thats like "it's only $2.50 screw it why not" It feels like a really bad port. Play the demo before you purchase.

v3looo
09-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Appears as a rather simple tower defense game but is fun nonetheless. Great for small casual 20 minute sessions here and there and well worth the 2 in my opinion.
If you like that genre you can't go wrong with this daily deal.

JennaRose OMG
09-21-2011, 07:22 AM
i got it before the sale and its very good tower def and ive put lots of hours into it while watching shows and stuff. solid static tower def. only thing i dont like is you run out of upgrades kinda early so nothing to spend points on. ive yet to do the axis campaign

-jenna

wvpr
09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
It isn't bad, but the tower targeting is horrible. Cannons regularly double up on one-shot kills, and towers often ignore the vanguard to target enemies further back. Gets worse any time a tower has to choose between two streams of enemies.

Foojo
09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
It's a run of the mill tower defense game, and I enjoy it. The problem I have with it is that the mouse gets messed up now and then, but it's correctable by dropping the tower and grabbing it again.

Pomornik
10-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I bought it on -50% sale and im happy with it.
I got 30 hours played already, and will play it until i get all achievements (im few quickplay levels away)

angrykenji
06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
bumpsss

hal859
06-04-2012, 12:16 PM
As others have said.. it's very basic. That doesn't mean it's bad. It just doesn't offer anything new. The game is indeed developed for and available on the iOS platform and it shows.

Having said that, I enjoyed playing it for a bit. I just wouldn't pay more than $1 for the main game.

Oh yes, and the fact that the Pacific game isn't on sale for those of us who already own the original is stupid.

zenpunk
06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
It's an okay game. Very basic, not many bells and whistles, but fun for the avid tower defense fan.

And I know this is a nit pick, as we're just talking chump change here, but I would have bought the Pacific one if it too was 50% off, like the bundle is (like almost all deals do). You shouldn't penalize your original customers. As it is I have to buy the whole bundle even though I already own half of it, so my 'daily deal' is only 20% off. If you check most daily deals with multiple parts, they usually give a discount to each individual part, too.

bassmanret
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I bought them both months ago, the 1st in some sale, then Pacific at no discount because I enjoyed the 1st so much.

They aren't as good as Defense Grid, but I had fun with them, and a few of the missions gave me some trouble, causing quite a few restarts. The choice of upgrades also provide some replayability, and I've played both games to completion 3 times now, choosing different upgrade options each time.

Overall, I think they're definitely worth the price if you like Tower Defense games at all.

My 2 cents, anyway.