PDA

View Full Version : This whole update thing reminds me of a little game called tf2

MyfaceMyface
09-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Once upon a time there was a game made by valve. No this wasn't counter strike, in fact it was called team fortress 2.

The story of tf2 and what became of it is a long sad yarn, although I'll cut it short. Over years of being updated and updated again VALVe released a LOT of things that jarateed players off and divided the community a bit, although within a month or two people usually forgot about it ('adapting' as the half of the community that likes the changes put it) and it reformed but there was still a few opposing opinions on the topic.

Eventually VALVe released updates that jarateed every player in the community off, except a small amount of playesrs who say claim everything VALVe does is right and would stand by their side no matter what.

Although after a while the community forgot about these things to, or stopped caring, and now its divided between people who like the new changes, and people who are made that their art style got ♥♥♥♥♥ and the game changed completely.

The moral of the story: Valve probably wont undo this update, and will probably ♥♥♥♥ on the community again in the future. Not saying the update was bad, but they aren't exactly guarenteed to fix all the issues people complain about now. Its not really that the updates bad, it just divides the community a lot and its probably not going away.

IWearGlasses
09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Have they ever undone any update?

Competitive and casual players asked for this. The update fixes long standing bugs and gives us new crosshair options. Yes, a fair amount of people like the old one... but change can be good, embrace it.

MyfaceMyface
09-21-2011, 04:41 AM

Competitive and casual players asked for this. The update fixes long standing bugs and gives us new crosshair options. Yes, a fair amount of people like the old one... but change can be good, embrace it.

No the haven't removed a update and used the last version. Also change can be good but it's not always good. There are obvious balance issues with the latest update (deagle, walking awp)

IWearGlasses
09-21-2011, 05:09 AM
I see people complaining about Deagle accuracy not being good as well. People will always complain about something. But I agree, walking awp = bad

FreIHh.
09-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Walking awp has to be fixed.

ChocOrange
09-21-2011, 07:34 AM

DWP was removed.

acidpark
09-21-2011, 08:17 AM
I'll tell you a little story... that's been happing since CS, way before TF2.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - I'd pay $100 for CS:S pre OB update, why? It ran better, more fps, less system resources, and to me had better rego.

***rant warning***
I had to get a new PC after the OB update = $$$$ :'(
forced updates are the issue, I remember when ppl would not update there game because of bugs reported by other players which ment they did update until the highly dislike things were fix - we can't 'vote' anymore, we are FORCED, update or don't play.
I wonder if valve are really doing this for us? or is it for them? idk
why didn't they leave it alone and put the work into say... 'CS2'?
***END RANT***

PS the riot shield was removed from CS, wasn't it?

bobsbarricades
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll tell you a little story... that's been happing since CS, way before TF2.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - I'd pay $100 for CS:S pre OB update, why? It ran better, more fps, less system resources, and to me had better rego.

***rant warning***
I had to get a new PC after the OB update = $$$$ :'(
forced updates are the issue, I remember when ppl would not update there game because of bugs reported by other players which ment they did update until the highly dislike things were fix - we can't 'vote' anymore, we are FORCED, update or don't play.
I wonder if valve are really doing this for us? or is it for them? idk
why didn't they leave it alone and put the work into say... 'CS2'?
***END RANT***

PS the riot shield was removed from CS, wasn't it?

riot shield.... man I loved that idea. that and the galil when steam was first introduced. No we get...molitov's? really? (as though that didnt come straight from that "creator of CS" guy's new game.

emtwo
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Walking awp has to be fixed.

Jumping AWP probably should be fixed, but walking AWP is fine. They got rid of strafe-peaking with AWP and jump-peaking with AWP, so walking AWP is actually less cheesy than AWP was before.