PDA

View Full Version : No Steam overlay on Win7

Peewi
09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I've run this game on two different machines, one running XP and the other running Win7. On XP I had the Steam overlay in Rusty Hearts, but not on Win7.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the game requiring admin rights to run, which isn't great either.

Euphytose
09-21-2011, 10:14 AM
When I launch the game it asks me for admin rights, I click yes and then I have the Steam overlay.

Peewi
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
When I launch the game it asks me for admin rights, I click yes and then I have the Steam overlay.

Do you use an admin account? I use a regular user account and have to enter the password for the admin account before I can continue, and then Steam forgets about the game.

Mysuke
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm using Windows 7 64bits and i have no problems with Steam overlay, running as admin of course.

summx
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm using Windows 7 64bits and i have no problems with Steam overlay, running as admin of course.

This may be the solution. Please OP login with an admin account. If you continue to have issues, please contact our Customer support linked in my signature.

Blackopunit2
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I am on an admin account and it still has no overlay. As soon as i click "OK" on the server select it shows that i am no longer in the game on steam, but i continue on without the overlay.

Win 7 64bit Ultimate btw.

EDIT: I guess it fixed itself. I got the overlay and it shows im ingame.