PDA

View Full Version : Quirky Controllers

HeroForge
09-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Okay, one more thing. Yes, it seems like I've run into a lot of trouble with this game; I'm putting them in separate threads to help people looking for similar problems.

I'm using a ThrustMaster T-Wireless 3-in-1 controller; it's designed to work with PS2, PS3, and PC. Enabling the controller in-game seemed to respond as expected, though the button-mapping for triggering special moves seemed a little weird.

Problem is, there is some combination of buttons that is forcing the special-move keys to cycle into a second set. There is a little numeric indicator next to the slots that changes to a '2', and this prevents me from using the few moves I've gained. I have yet to find a combination of buttons that changes it back, and I accidentally trigger this shift EVERY time I get into combat. I have to use the mouse to change the set back.

I've looked into remapping the keys using the utility that was installed with the game, but it doesn't take any input from me. I'm aware that the program expects me to hold down the new key for 2 seconds, but this doesn't have any effect.

So, what're my options? I can revert to using my keyboard if I must, but I'd like to be able to sit back when smashing critters if possible.

Worira
09-21-2011, 10:19 PM
You can use the shift key to swap between them, although I don't know offhand what keys do it on a controller. Although it might be happening when you shift+tab, I guess.

Zerioc
09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't know if it's the same on your controller, but on mine ( the Microsoft x360 gamepad thingy designed for PC ) clicking the left stick down changes the bar.

Worira
09-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh, and a possible workaround would be to add the same moves to the same buttons on the alternate set of skills.