PDA

View Full Version : Wanna win a crap ton of good old games?

trojanrabbit.gg
09-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Alright, this may come across as slightly "advertisement" like, but I'm just spreading the news...

GOG.com is going to be giving away its entire catalogue of games to the sixth million downloader (http://www.gog.com/en/news/help_us_achieve_6_million_downloads_milestone).

Demon Wraith
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
along with six million viruses.

wat

Anyway, this is a good time to join GOG. They're having a sale on D&D games, including Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape.

SayHelloRosco
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I am unfamiliar with gog.com, this is the first time I am hearing of the site. Is it known for viruses? Is it a total hoax?

Demon Wraith
09-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I am unfamiliar with gog.com, this is the first time I am hearing of the site. Is it known for viruses? Is it a total hoax?

No, it's not known for viruses, it's not a hoax. It's a DD service that's somewhat specialized in older games. They set up configurations for new systems into the installers, package DOSbox for those that require it, and things like that. They're fully legal, they operate under licensing agreements with the rights holders. They're also a sister company to CD Project RED, developers of The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Ghostbreed
09-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Any site offering "free stuff if you download our trojans" is a hoax.

O__O

So far I haven't got any viruses from that site and I have my fair share of games there and been a customer since last year...

youknow
09-22-2011, 02:04 PM

6/10

I almost face-palmed.

Suomis
09-22-2011, 02:12 PM

I just can't turn my thoughts into words right now...

It is a trustworthy site.

Too bad I've already bought all the games I want from GoG :(

bobzilla21
09-22-2011, 02:19 PM
6/10

I almost face-palmed.
Lucky you. I actually went and did it. :/

mobilpcguru
09-22-2011, 02:35 PM

That is what everyone says when you tell them about steam. :(

envirovore
09-22-2011, 03:06 PM

Not sure if serious, or just ignorant.

That's a pretty neat promotion though, hmm...I may just join in on this.
Their main page is taking forever to load right now though.
Huh, seems AB+ prevents proper rendering of their front page. Crap.

trojanrabbit.gg
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM

No viruses, no hoax (though they did have a crazy PR stunt awhile back), its totally legitimate, and yes... you should buy the D&D classics pack today. GOG.com is a really great site that offers digital downloads of games from an era of gaming that quickly fading into the past.

mtndewme
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Going to get 3 or 4 games with that discount. But, am going to wait until it's closer to 6mil. :]

DarkRanger57
09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Do free games count towards their promotion?

supernaut
09-22-2011, 07:14 PM
It's not advertisement unless you work for GoG or you're pimping your gaming blog/website by sharing this news. I expect every one of you to let us know about great deals on other sites (not just Steam) or any gaming related competitions and whatnot.

It's an awesome thing what they're doing though.

GirlPower23
09-22-2011, 07:19 PM
No viruses, no hoax (though they did have a crazy PR stunt awhile back), its totally legitimate, and yes... you should buy the D&D classics pack today. GOG.com is a really great site that offers digital downloads of games from an era of gaming that quickly fading into the past.

Not to mention they update every single client to work on modern systems. Probably best not to feed him..

GanzFegelein
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
well i dont know if it's a safe site or not. I am always a bit suspicious on these free game offering sites.

That's what my father always tells me, that every site offering free stuff is a hoax.

And I'm not going to test the site because I've already reformatted this damn PC 5 times due to "gift sites"

psihomir2
09-23-2011, 07:46 AM
well i dont know if it's a safe site or not. I am always a bit suspicious on these free game offering sites.

That's what my father always tells me, that every site offering free stuff is a hoax.

And I'm not going to test the site because I've already reformatted this damn PC 5 times due to "gift sites"

You should get off Steam, it has quite a lot of free games. But it's probably too late, you're already infected :(

Europhoria
09-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I might have a go at the RPG's on sale although I'm not the biggest fan of RPG's. Too much reading. :mad:

So it took five self-pwnings before you heeded your father's advice. Son I am disappoint. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8)

Raziel123
09-23-2011, 07:51 AM

LOL

I vote this guy for president

Washell
09-23-2011, 07:54 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Old_Games

Oneironaut
09-23-2011, 08:16 AM
It's nice to see that GOG is doing well. They provide a unique service. I've bought a few games from them before and plan on buying many more.