PDA

View Full Version : Question to devs

Lone-Wolf
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey, looking forward to the game, already pre-ordered, I was wondering about the modding capabilities of your game? Will you restrict modding completely, or will we even get tools to assist in modding, such as an SDK or whatever. I presume since its being built on a modified source engine used for the Left 4 Dead series, that it is easy to incorporate modding, and I just you devs will support it. :)

Hells High
09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd love some modding capabilities. It'd be cool to personalize your masks or reanimate the weapons.

Live2bcool
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I honestly do not know where this source engine rumor came from... The game is running on Overkill's own custom engine.

I'm sure that means we probably won't get modding tools. :(

Though, for $20, a game mainly themed on heists, Die Hard, and Heat... I think the game has enough ♥♥♥♥ing awesomeness to contain for $20 by itself.

Lone-Wolf
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah for so long, a game ALWAYS dies out without modding. Thats why CS 1.6 is still quite strong.

XtremeDogg
09-23-2011, 11:01 PM
no way this is their own engine, after watching the videos it looks like it was ripped straight from left for dead... maybe even the first one. Graphics wise and the way ppl highlight through walls as well as interractions with the enviroment stuff.

Being a small scale game company that has made nothing in the past I highly doubt they had the skill to make a fully packed engine on their own, specially at this low price that they are offering it to us.

Live2bcool
09-24-2011, 12:33 AM
no way this is their own engine, after watching the videos it looks like it was ripped straight from left for dead... maybe even the first one. Graphics wise and the way ppl highlight through walls as well as interractions with the enviroment stuff.

Being a small scale game company that has made nothing in the past I highly doubt they had the skill to make a fully packed engine on their own, specially at this low price that they are offering it to us.

I think we've all played enough source games/sourcemods to know it isn't on the source engine. Not only that, in all the trailers, it would show the source engine logo. It would also be announced by the developers themselves.

Not to be rude or anything... but it's not on the source engine.

EDIT: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2136359

-Ben
I've read that the game's engine is the developer's in-house "Diesel" engine.