PDA

View Full Version : What will it be like?

Mafurios
09-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I was just wondering if there was any form of tactics you can use in this game or anything interresting at all?

-Can you choose the path of entry?

-Can you avoid being detected?

-How can you open safes, lockpicking, getting a staff member to open it or maybe even use explosives?

-Is it possible to have a guy (npc or player) go undercover as a civilian?
(for example to give false information about your group and to possibly trade for a better hostage.)

What about NPCs?

-Can you talk (interactively) with people to convince it is better to help you or risk getting everyone/him killed?

-Can you negotiate with the police?

-Can you search people for weapons or wires?

-Can you beat-up people forcing them to help you?

-Will civilians be scared and hide or flee if possible, heroic by trying to fight you or at least sound the (fire)alarm or will it vary from person to person?

And surroundings?

-Can you barricade a door by shoving a bench or something in front of it?

-Can you close the blinds of a window to avoid snipers?

-Can you use a fire extinghuiser to spot laser grids?

Or will this just be another one of those crappy shootemups?

One last question will this game be modable or at least have a map editor?

Nevakonaza
09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Its a good lot of questions,I mean there really has not been mucn info on this game so far,not even an official release date...

i hope it has the above features though.

Mafurios
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Its a good lot of questions,I mean there really has not been mucn info on this game so far,not even an official release date...

i hope it has the above features though.

Indeed there isn't much info they just give us a name and slap a pricetag on it than they expect us to buy it...
The concept definitely is a good one but that isn't enough to buy the game for, at least not for me.

SabreXT
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
At least some of that is what they claimed. I remember an interview saying the robery doesn't start until you pull a gun/put a mask on, so can go in guns blazing or scout ahead as a customer, don't know how much truth is in that having not played.

sikboy1029
09-23-2011, 02:15 PM

October 4th

Fat Cat
09-24-2011, 03:17 AM
looks pretty cool. for a $20 game though i don't expect a 10 hr campaign. but it looks like some good fun.

Darkreaver1980
09-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I was just wondering if there was any form of tactics you can use in this game or anything interresting at all?

no

-How can you open safes, lockpicking, getting a staff member to open it or maybe even use explosives?

Safes and C4 yes, other no

(for example to give false information about your group and to possibly trade for a better hostage.)

no

What about NPCs?

-Can you talk (interactively) with people to convince it is better to help you or risk getting everyone/him killed?

no

you can trade a hostage to free one player from the prison

no

no

-Will civilians be scared and hide or flee if possible, heroic by trying to fight you or at least sound the (fire)alarm or will it vary from person to person?

no

And surroundings?

no

no

no

kinda

no

See my answers above...

Lone-Wolf
09-24-2011, 05:39 AM
All that infomation on the top of your head without a source.

Nath312
09-24-2011, 06:14 AM
L4D but the infected are a swat team and the apocalypse if now a bank heist. =)

Marked One
09-24-2011, 07:24 AM
L4D but the infected are a swat team and the apocalypse if now a bank heist. =)

And you have to complete more objectives other than surviving.

Ansonh92
09-24-2011, 12:42 PM

You plan how to start the heist by walking around (Like standing behind the objective person or bank guards).

You still need to get spotted if you are robbing the bank.

Press the common "Use" button on most games. The "F" button.

No, but someone will let the team know when the police will start attacking.

What about NPCs?

So far, only telling them to hit the floor.

Trade civilain for your man back.

So far, player can pick up objective item from civilain.

Maybe not.

They will run toward the police if player didn't handcuffed them (Of course, watch your aim if they did so). They(other than guards) won't fight back so far.

And surroundings?

Maybe not.

Not sure yet, or maybe there is no SWAT sniper since it is mostly indoor.

Not sure yet.

Not sure......

Not sure yet.

E3 demo gameplay video:
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6coVINbzWA
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROGiT4BXqY

More from others...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbAj3vtvRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vTN6FjQRkU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqbtA9QGaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogs7l_IcWGM

Of course, interview from Angry Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hRrahAgnDU
(Hostigate, what?)

HydrantHunter
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
October 4th
Gametrailers.com has it listed for the 4th but in one of their own videos Ulf Andersson (Director/Overkill) says the 5th (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-payday-the/720453) (@2:45)

UPDATE: The PAYDAY home page (http://www.overkillsoftware.com/payday/) states:

PAYDAY: The Heist will be available from October 4 as a downloadable title for the Playstation 3 on Playstation Network, and for Windows PC via Steam.

Earlier in that same video he talks about 'sneaking' during the Diamond Heist. It sounds like there will be various tactics that are available only for certain heists.

Based on these videos (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/payday-the-heist/14947) it appears that most civilians completely panic and often run right through firefights. They do seem to tend towards obeying you if you order them to the ground, though. It doesn't look like people will be 'heroic', but it does look like you can intimidate individual security (and police?) into surrendering as well as civilians.

They may be keeping some things as a surprise (I'm not saying they are or that either of these would be one of them), but based on the videos it doesn't look like you can interact with doors, windows, or furniture at all (other than to complete objectives, jump over counters, etc.). There are one or two heists that will require you to be on the roof of a building and avoid or neutralize snipers.

I guess that depends on your definition of 'crappy'. Overkill has essentially said that PAYDAY is meant to be a no-apologies, high-action, shoot-em-up heist game. I like the idea of pulling off some jobs without a peep, but that probably would not attract as large of an audience. Expect lots of gunplay in most, if not all, of the heists.

Hellstrong
09-24-2011, 11:43 PM
only thing i know for sure is that you can negotiate for hostages.

Inquisitioner
09-25-2011, 01:22 AM
L4D = Rush from one place to another with the occasional camp once in a while. By the looks from the trailer it seems to be the same, Rush and get the money and rush out and sometimes on some map something other, but rare.

Live2bcool
09-25-2011, 09:39 AM
L4D = Rush from one place to another with the occasional camp once in a while. By the looks from the trailer it seems to be the same, Rush and get the money and rush out and sometimes on some map something other, but rare.

Payday: The Heist has objectives to do, like stalking the manager of the bank to get his keycard, then sending someone to turn off the security system. (etc) Hell, it isn't even on the Source engine. Not only that, the game is based on god damn heists, not zombies.

People need to stop comparing this game to L4D, do your damn research.

HydrantHunter
09-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Hell, it isn't even on the Source engine. Not only that, the game is based on god damn heists, not zombies.
Yes, but since it has enemy and goal highlighting, 4 player coop, and graphics it's obviously a clone of L4D - no games ever used any of those features before L4D. And it *must* be Source because it looks *exactly* like L4D...

I feel ya, Live2bcool...I don't get it either...

crispynoodle
09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
I was kinda hopeing for some Ocean 11/Leverage style mastermind robberies. Looking more like Resovire Dogs sans witty dialog.

HydrantHunter
09-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Overkill has leaned toward describing PAYDAY as a no-apologies, high action, shoot-em-up heist game.

I, too, would love something that offered complexity/flexibility representative of something like O11 or Leverage - especially with the possibility of having to re-engineer the heist on the fly as things go wrong, but I think that's probably beyond the reasonable scope of a $20US game. For what they're asking I think we'll be getting a fair deal.