PDA

View Full Version : Will This Have PC/PS3 Cross-Compatibility?

solid5nake
09-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm trying to decide which version to buy. I would rather buy it for PC because FPS games are always better with a mouse and keyboard, but if there won't be any connectivity between PC players and PS3 players I'll just buy it for PS3 to play with my friend. So does anyone know if PS3 and PC players will be able to play together? It seems like a perfect game to include this feature.

sikboy1029
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
No there is not any PC vs PS3 action, sadly.

RhinoMatte
09-26-2011, 12:33 PM
No there is not any PC vs PS3 action, sadly.
Source?

sikboy1029
09-27-2011, 04:26 PM
The devs have stated this in interviews, google it.

HydrantHunter
09-27-2011, 05:07 PM
No crossplatform (http://epicbattleaxe.com/interview-payday-the-heist/).

Will PAYDAY support cross-platform play between the PC and PS3?

No, there will be no cross-platform play this time around.

tb87670
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Cross platform online play, while it sounds good, is really not a good idea. Remember reading that article on a game around 5 years back maybe. During testing they had console players and PC players playing against each other, and the PC gamers wiped the floor with the console gamers. They aimed quicker and were more accurate, as is the nature of KB+Mouse control setup. It's so far the most intuitive human-machine interface we have come up with. You get those devices that can follow your hands, the PS3 Move and etc. so forth but they are just not as accurate. Ask MAG players, use a Move and your K/D ratio takes a dive compared to plain controller.

RhinoMatte
09-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Cross platform online play, while it sounds good, is really not a good idea. Remember reading that article on a game around 5 years back maybe. During testing they had console players and PC players playing against each other, and the PC gamers wiped the floor with the console gamers. They aimed quicker and were more accurate, as is the nature of KB+Mouse control setup. It's so far the most intuitive human-machine interface we have come up with. You get those devices that can follow your hands, the PS3 Move and etc. so forth but they are just not as accurate. Ask MAG players, use a Move and your K/D ratio takes a dive compared to plain controller.

We are talking about a coop game here, not a competitive game. Portal 2 did it and it worked...

statistx
09-30-2011, 08:35 AM
since it is a coop game i agree, that this would be a good feature.

bizmok
09-30-2011, 09:25 AM
it could work in coop game, but not in competition game, i'f they would decide to put versus mode later on in it... pc owners would wipe consoles asses

Shingy
09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't see the problem with adding it in as a feature, as long as there is an option for people who don't mind playing with ps3 and against ps3 users.

If I was forced to play with people on a pad then I can see a real problem, if I was given a choice where I can play with people who use controllers sometimes and then other times not then I don't see a problem tbh.

Like 2 Keyboard and mouse users and 2 controller users on one team and the same for the opposite side, well assuming the ever make a versus mode