PDA

View Full Version : Release date?

Meety*`
09-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Wanted to plan ahead, so I heard it was Oct. 4th for U.S.?

HydrantHunter
09-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Gametrailers.com has it listed for the 4th but in one of their own videos Ulf Andersson (Director/Overkill) says the 5th (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-payday-the/720453) (@2:45)

UPDATE: The PAYDAY home page (http://www.overkillsoftware.com/payday/) states:

PAYDAY: The Heist will be available from October 4 as a downloadable title for the Playstation 3 on Playstation Network, and for Windows PC via Steam.

So it looks like the 4th after all :)

enemyofportal
09-26-2011, 01:51 AM
it's the same date as Rage. I will skip this. don't count.

Die_Angel
09-26-2011, 01:54 AM
What has rage for itself? It felt to me like "more of the same" ?

Aurock47
09-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Way i heard its supposed to be a open world(borderlands style) with standard FPS mechanisms with some "RPG" elements like Inventory and the capabilities of weapons will be based around types of ammo. And you can compete in races to gain various items to upgrade your car. You can look up most of the details on sides and stuff or the wikipedia if you feel like that.

But again, isnt everything more of the same? Execpt that the settings and the theme and the art also the gameplay make most games stand out from one another. Its easy to smack up eye candy, but gameplay is a difficult task now a days. Just my 50 cents.

Die_Angel
09-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Way i heard its supposed to be a open world(borderlands style) with standard FPS mechanisms with some "RPG" elements like Inventory and the capabilities of weapons will be based around types of ammo. And you can compete in races to gain various items to upgrade your car. You can look up most of the details on sides and stuff or the wikipedia if you feel like that.

But again, isnt everything more of the same? Execpt that the settings and the theme and the art also the gameplay make most games stand out from one another. Its easy to smack up eye candy, but gameplay is a difficult task now a days. Just my 50 cents.

It's only difficult because of the expectations from management (do not take risks) and because the budget is spent on advertisement and eye candy (which is some form of advert too).

Aurock47
09-26-2011, 07:33 AM
It's only difficult because of the expectations from management (do not take risks) and because the budget is spent on advertisement and eye candy (which is some form of advert too).

You could be right in that, mate. The budget can only reach that far sometimes. :(

Die_Angel
09-26-2011, 07:56 AM
You could be right in that, mate. The budget can only reach that far sometimes. :(

I was in art school for a while, one of my teacher was a veteran from UbiSoft, he told me one day:

"If you give me a budget for amking a game and tell me to either spend half of the budget on a franchise and make an inferior game or use the full budget to develop my own franchise, i would choose the first option. If you make a game on a disney or star wars franchise, it will sell million copies, no matter how bad it is"

It's a terrible point of view from an artistic sense, but from a business sense it's pretty sound and the game industry does it all the time.

How many fps games of 2010 where new franchises and how many where sequels from sure selling franchises?

I tend to hold sequels to a much higher standard than new games, sequels are built on a previous success and most of the work is cut for them, there is virtually no risks in making those games.

New games are threading on completely new ground.

Sherrah550
10-03-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't want to rain on the parade here, but they might have just dinked us a bit. It said on the 4th on their website, but I'm looking at it right now and it says...

'PAYDAY: The Heist will be available in October as a downloadable title for the Playstation 3 on Playstation Network, and for Windows PC via Steam.'

It might be nothing, but don't be surprised if it's not out on the 4th.

Red Scent
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't want to rain on the parade here, but they might have just dinked us a bit. It said on the 4th on their website, but I'm looking at it right now and it says...

'PAYDAY: The Heist will be available in October as a downloadable title for the Playstation 3 on Playstation Network, and for Windows PC via Steam.'

It might be nothing, but don't be surprised if it's not out on the 4th.

LOL - sorry mate but you are so late you might as well have waited till next year to post that... Check some of the other threads bud ;)