PDA

View Full Version : Using the m-14

VousDeux
09-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Lately its become my favorite gun but the sights seem completely worthless. Anyone have suggestions what I should be looking for on them? I can fire it from the hip at close to medium ranges for effective headshots but long range seems to just be a waste of ammo

geronimo789
09-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I found that you acatually have to overaim a little bit. Meaning that your target is under the iron instead of slightly above it. I can headshot zeds standing in the tunnel fine from the shop near the bend on mountainpass ^-^

VousDeux
09-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Definitely trying that tonight, thanks mate ^_

52pickup
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
The M14 is supposed to be good at short range, not at long range. Don't try to snipe long distances with the M14EBR.

Jarmen Kell
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I just plain don't like the M14. Not to mention the laser sight has a bug which MAKES THE LASER DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU AIM AT THE HEAD. VERY USEFUL.

Etrius
10-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I just plain don't like the M14. Not to mention the laser sight has a bug which MAKES THE LASER DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU AIM AT THE HEAD. VERY USEFUL.

it doesn't disappear, it just blends in with the zed's skin but it's still there, and plus once you play with the gun long enough you'll get used to it and by the time you're level 6 ss you should know where the center of your screen is located

Jarmen Kell
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I know where the center of my screen is located. It's just that the M14 has a tendency to miss. I hardly ever miss the head with any other weapon.

VousDeux
10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
+rep to Geronimo, over-aiming on the sights has made a huge difference. at first I thought you were nuts because you would lose track of the zed if your sights covered it but it only takes a split second to track, raise the sight and fire.

I have kind of a follow up question to the vets, where should I be aiming at for headshots on fleshpounds or scrakes? it seems that sometimes I'll put them down in just a few seconds and other times I'll go through two entire magazines for a headshot. anyone know where their hitbox is exactly?

geronimo789
10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
+rep to Geronimo, over-aiming on the sights has made a huge difference. at first I thought you were nuts because you would lose track of the zed if your sights covered it but it only takes a split second to track, raise the sight and fire.

I have kind of a follow up question to the vets, where should I be aiming at for headshots on fleshpounds or scrakes? it seems that sometimes I'll put them down in just a few seconds and other times I'll go through two entire magazines for a headshot. anyone know where their hitbox is exactly?
I'm not 100% but I have the feeling that their shoulder hatboxes are a little too big. The fp is easiest to headshot when he has his hands above his head during the rage animation.
For me I find that I have to start a salvo just right for it to work. If i begin shooting slightly off then most of my shots will miss.

You can always use kf-testmap6p to experiment a little too :)