PDA

View Full Version : GOTY For sure!!!!!

Sal Sentia
09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-26-us-gamers-buy-snacks-for-mw3-double-xp

"A 12 pack of Mtn Dew, for example, scores 45 minutes of double XP time. There are "combo bonuses" and "combat cards" to earn, too."

:D:D

ATLbandit
09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Getting fatter to earn double XP makes this the Game of the Year?

Sal Sentia
09-26-2011, 10:22 AM

Oh yeah without a doubt

Anotherwrld
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
That could be interpreted as pay for power. How is it any cool?

Obii
09-26-2011, 11:11 AM
cool now the rich actually get the better shizznie faster then just playing....

Monochrom
09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Although the Idea is stupid, it don't really unlock better stuff with higher Levels, the best Weapons tend to be ones that are either unlocked by default as soon as you have create a class or they are in a preset Class. So, it doesn't really matter. Stupid nonetheless, especially since XP itself doesn't really do alot for you.

Edit: So wait, you consider someone who can afford a 12 pack of Mountain Dew rich? Do you live off of Beans or something?

Jaheebus
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Made my day.

You can buy fizzy drinks and crisps to earn double XP in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - in the >>>US.<<<

Obii
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Edit: So wait, you consider someone who can afford a 12 pack of Mountain Dew rich? Do you live off of Beans or something?

A single pack no but the system can be abused if rich as you can buy multiple packs, paying for DLC is bad enough but now paying for power?

MARKO94EVERSERB
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM

for people who like to be huge it does xD

Monochrom
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
A single pack no but the system can be abused if rich as you can buy multiple packs, paying for DLC is bad enough but now paying for power?

I don't know, I kind of doubt that you can stack it like that and even if it were possible, I don't see anybody but a handful of Nutjobs actually doing it. xD Edit: Just double checked, max is 24 Hours, more then I would have expected. Atleast that would be stupidly expensive and pointless to do xD

But like I said, you wouldn't really be paying for ''power''. The Weapons are actually well balanced across the board, it's just the strange few the are OP, but they the tend to be REALLY OP. Like the UMP, the G18s and obviously the Tube. They're all OP, but the only ones you actually need EXP to get are the G18s and even then, EXP won't help you get them in the OP Variation, they're only OP when akimbo, singles are fine in context, and for akimbo you have to make a specific amount of kills with the single. So, yeah, I kind of doubt it will really make a difference, atleast not any meaningful way. It's still stupid though.

Since I couldn't see anything about which Plattform it is, I'm just going to take a wild stab and say ''X-Box''? Sounds like a X-Box kind of thing to do. Doesn't matter to me, as a european Gamer, we aren't allowed to take place in it anyway, infact, I don't think I've even ever seen a Mountain Dew in a German Store xD

BartP
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
You're doing it wrong MW3!
You first need to be free in order to be FTP, THEN you add the whole using money to get ahead thing.

Torchem
09-26-2011, 06:08 PM
As if you need double XP to rank up. ever since MW1 rank up is a joke. No challenge if you know how to score properly.

postman1782
09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Game of the year from which awards? The ones they made up to hype up MW2 or Black Ops? Because I didn't see them winning any awards from E3.

The Holy Nuke
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I mean those drinks dont improve anything. Try some hardcore exercise for 30 min and after that you will play good

Jaheebus
09-27-2011, 02:57 AM
Well for anyone who is going to drink that MD, will be infertile by the end of their double XP.

boomyak
09-27-2011, 05:51 AM
what is going on?

boomyak
09-27-2011, 05:55 AM
if you mean that this will fall victim to the "GOTY" syndrome where they roll out the vanilla game to all of the suckers out there, and then charge criminal amounts for inferior DLC one at a time so the end-user is paying easily over $100 for a game which will then be re-released 8 months later with all DLC bundled together (aka the actual full game) for a reasonable price...

then yeah, i feel that it's doing the "goty" formula, except for the one exception that they WON'T ever release the game with all DLC bundled for a reasonable price. ever.

GOTY fail

totalitaer
09-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim will be GoTY whether we like it or not. Those guys know how to take that title home and have done it before.

taproot_
09-28-2011, 03:14 AM
for people who like to be huge it does xD

basically 99.7% of amuurrrrica then.

the1stwasted
09-28-2011, 03:35 AM

Exactly, then they can look just like this guy.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/11/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_2.html

ATLbandit
09-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Exactly, then they can look just like this guy.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/11/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_2.html

5 bucks says the little ammo pockets have Twinkies in them.