PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Exclusives

Howler54 II
09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, do anyone know if there will be any pre-order exclusives for Skyrim on Steam? Not counting the TF2 hat that came out last month. Or will there be any kind of collectors edition / digital deluxe on Steam?

Thaifun
09-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Nothing has been announced yet, hope they don't pull a
New Vegas with Skyrim, it didn't even make sense in Fallout because you could just mod those things in your game.

Personally I'm hoping for a digital CE that comes with
the Soundtrack of the game and a digital artbook for 5 to 10
pounds more than the standard edition, also I hope that they would add the
option to upgrade from an SE to a CE, cause I already preordered the game on Steam.

LinkAbroad
09-28-2011, 03:45 AM
It'd odd that they have zero incentive to pre-purchase on Steam. At the moment I don't plan to pre-purchase until the day before it's released, since there is no reason for me to do otherwise. If there is no option to pre-load the game so that I can play at 12:01am on release day, then I may just order elsewhere.

Perhaps Valve is getting a good enough percentage from the game being Steamworks that they don't care where their customers shop.

Howler54 II
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah it might be a while before I order it as well, I want to know if there are any kind of exclusives, or if you can pre-load.

tubad
09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
besides a map i dont think theres any preorder bonuses at this point

Aedn
09-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Actually i am pretty happy there is no pre-order crap to deal with its gotten pretty annoying to have every retailer around whining about special items which end up being restricted from the players for the most part.

Aurenn
09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
There was a little hype a while ago, that if you preordered you got a genuine hat in TF2. I don't care for hats and didn't have money at the time. Just preordered it today, sorta hoping for some sort of bonus, even if its a sound track and digital artbook.

Lone_Sword
09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
There was a little hype a while ago, that if you preordered you got a genuine hat in TF2. I don't care for hats and didn't have money at the time. Just preordered it today, sorta hoping for some sort of bonus, even if its a sound track and digital artbook.

I ended up selling that hat for about 6 dollars. So in essence, I got a 10% discount :)

toukonstuart
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not bothered about exclusives but am hesitating to pre-order the Steam version when Amazon has the retail version for a whole 7 cheaper. I prefer digital copies than hard copies these days but that price difference is quite a lot so I'm still wavering on which to order!

eisberg
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Perhaps Valve is getting a good enough percentage from the game being Steamworks that they don't care where their customers shop.

They don't charge for Steamworks, Steamworks is free for developer/publishers to use. Valve/Steam only makes money from games that actually sell on their service. A developer/publisher can choose to use Steamworks for free, but have no pressence on the Steam Store, and Valve will not make any money from that game.