PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mods?

kschang
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
There's a ton of mods out there, most are just junk people uploaded to get that Auteur Theory achievement, but some are actually interesting.

I've tried Purple Nurple (Where's it now?), Space Marine, and Realistic, plus a bunch of other ones.

Realistic -- chopper now won't come back until like 25 seconds later, and requirements per town is up to like 120, so if you can't buy enough time for the citizens, you lose! All the mercs are way down in the effectiveness. Default accuracy for infantry is 18%! Artillery refire delay is like 20+ seconds! Thus even level 1 infestation can be challenging! What's more, permadeath and alt-spawning are on! (No restarts, and zeds CAN invade cleared territories). Maps are also somewhat bigger. It feels very different now. As compensation, civilians are a little faster (I think) and chopper "call radius" now covers the entire map, just about. No gas leak buildings either.

Space-Marine -- all infantry (and sniper), all the time, virtually no artillery or mines, barricade, and stuff like that. Feels quite different, as you pretty much decide which intersection to "defend".

Any other favorites?

kschang
10-11-2011, 03:09 AM
World War Z basically gave you 5-10X the zombies, albeit a bit slower, and a lot more time to kill them. The interesting part is killing zeds are so simple, you get catbird cannon just about left and right, esp. when you have decent infantry units. On the other hand, the gas leak buildings now levels half the map. WTF?!

I'll have to try M.E.A.T. again and get back to you. :)

kschang
10-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Nuke it from Orbit -- it's a joke. Artillery is ALREADY overpowered, and this one turned it up to the max to the ridiculous. Instead or one or two shots, you start with like 5-7 shots per cannon, and each one is like 5-10 shot salvos that just rains on the destination. Upgrades adds even more. Furthermore, upgrades are 1 scientist each. Yep, both catbird and artillery. You start with 500% catbird activation. So when you get catbird, you get them in BUCKETS.

Rescues are minimized. Most maps only need to rescue like 10 or 20. However, if you do that, you'll lose to zeds on points. So you do have to pick your artillery targets carefully.

This mod just made things TOO EASY.

Aray39
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the standard artillery seems one of the worst mercs, with the delay of 10 seconds waiting for it to arrive it's inaccurate.

kschang
10-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the standard artillery seems one of the worst mercs, with the delay of 10 seconds waiting for it to arrive it's inaccurate.

It's 7 second delay, and and if you anticipate the progress of zed a bit you can chew up a LARGE chunk of them. One shot will take out several dozen zeds. It's much more efficient than having infantry and sniper killing them one at a time. Mines and dynamite are almost the same, except those are one-use weapons.

gabelach
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Where did you get these mods? I googled for them but couldn't find anything.

Ok, I found the in-game online share. I truly didn't see it xD