PDA

View Full Version : Game is out?

Raziel123
09-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Apparently according to steam it is. At least in Europe

Gohankami
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Seems like it. Anyone who pre ordered it download and play yet?

raNSham
09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
whoa...hmm. Unless they just cut the pre-order deal for this last day..there's no countdown on the store page but the date in the corner still says the 29th. Weird.

chipset35
09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Says available now on the US Steam Store Page

raNSham
09-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Says available now on the US Steam Store Page

oh yeah haha. I was just looking at the game's specific page. lol front page says it is.

Gohankami
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
So has anyone downloaded it yet?

ph41lkid
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
ditto, who is willing to be our guinea pig?

Joe_Chip
09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Downloading right now. :p

dangerous dave
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
downloading... is anyone else having an issue with AVG recognising the .exe as a trojan?

Goo_Back
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
oh man this game is not good so far.

I regret it already.

chipset35
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
oh man this game is not good so far.

I regret it already.

makes me wonder why HBO or the author or whoever has the rights to it would allow the IP to be used for subpar projects, games, etc.

Is it really that bad?

If so, that is why you never ever pre-order.

VA1N
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I knew the game wasn't going to be that great. But, being a HUGE fan of the books, I'm mainly getting it to just play in the world.

Mikey-
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Somebody has to be the first - the world is not a perfect place.

Mikey-
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I knew the game wasn't going to be that great. But, being a HUGE fan of the books, I'm mainly getting it to just play in the world.

The books?

What is it you like about these books?

ph41lkid
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
makes me wonder why HBO or the author or whoever has the rights to it would allow the IP to be used for subpar projects, games, etc.

Is it really that bad?

I think they want to cash in quick before the hype around the television series dies

VA1N
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
The books?

What is it you like about these books?

The books are amazing. It's what the show Game of Thrones are based off of. Here is the first book in the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" (not sure by your comment in you knew the books existed): http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553573403

The books are basically medieval fantasy with crazy amounts of betrayal, sex, incest, lust, mystical stuff, murder, large scale battles, crazy good character development, and lots and lots and lots and loooots of main characters dying. It's amazing and the best book series I have ever read. I'm currently on book four.

City Builder
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I think they want to cash in quick before the hype around the television series dies

And yet there are many that haven't heard of the TV series or the books.

Personally, since I have no immediate incentive to buy it, I'm waiting to see some let's play videos on youtubte which I've not yet found before deciding to buy or not.

VA1N
09-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Personally, since I have no immediate incentive to buy it, I'm waiting to see some let's play videos on youtubte which I've not yet found before deciding to buy or not.

That's probably for the best. I love the world and the books so I'm paying full price to get into the world and the lore and play around. Others who don't care about the world or the books as much can easily wait it out.

I'm thinking this game is going to be for fans only, unfortunately. But that's just my first impression from hear say.

ph41lkid
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM

Well yeah I think it's lotro all over again, they had plenty of time to make a game during the 4 books(5 now)

But this particular timing really makes me think they are aiming at some quick cash in with the hype of the television series.

summitus
09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Heres my solution ... Get Rift today for 5.00 play it for a Month and then come back and get Game of Thrones when you have finished free month Sorted !! :)

... if its proven to any good by then of course ... :p

klkitchens
09-28-2011, 01:00 PM
The books are amazing. It's what the show Game of Thrones are based off of. Here is the first book in the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" (not sure by your comment in you knew the books existed): http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553573403

The books are basically medieval fantasy with crazy amounts of betrayal, sex, incest, lust, mystical stuff, murder, large scale battles, crazy good character development, and lots and lots and lots and loooots of main characters dying. It's amazing and the best book series I have ever read. I'm currently on book four.

If they would dump the whole dragon queen thing, they are pretty good and realistic.

klkitchens
09-28-2011, 01:01 PM

TV Series = Awful.

Wish HBO had not done it, then the nudity wouldn't have been so prevalent and they could have focused on the story.

Tinsel
09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Instead of bashing the books/TV series, how about some impressions of the gameplay?

One person seems to not like it so far. Why?

Also, any other impressions?

CardinalSIN
09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
The HBO series is amazing. Both viewers and critics seem to share my view, for the most part.

dangerous dave
09-28-2011, 01:11 PM
TV Series = Awful.

Wish HBO had not done it, then the nudity wouldn't have been so prevalent and they could have focused on the story.

IMO the books were more graphic than the tv series.

ph41lkid
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
IMO the books were more graphic than the tv series.

True, Cercei always gave me huge boner in the books

dicul
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
TV Series = Awful.

The nudity that's even more prevalent in the books didn't detract from the story.

The series is perfectly fine.

Also, people saying this game will be for fans only...yeah..I don't think even fans will like it.

They managed to screw up such a simple thing as the wall.

BarrytheChopper
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
The books are great, the television series is very good. Only the constant nudity bothered me. If anyone watches that series in the near future they will know it's an HBO or Showtime production just by that alone.

That being said I'm not buying the game, because a bad game is a bad game and I don't want this ruining my experience.

VA1N
09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
TV Series = Awful.

You are insane. The HBO show is amazing and it follows the first book 100%. It added some scenes but nothing to mess up the story. It's one of the only shows on tv where I would say it's as good as the book.

VA1N
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
The books are great, the television series is very good. Only the constant nudity bothered me. If anyone watches that series in the near future they will know it's an HBO or Showtime production just by that alone.

That being said I'm not buying the game, because a bad game is a bad game and I don't want this ruining my experience.

The nudity is fitting for this series though. If you read the books, it's very lustful and full of debauchery. Especially the first book.

Penthouse32
09-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Of course the show is great, expect nothing less from HBO.

Raziel123
09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I thought the nudity was completely fine. I think only that hooker on hooker lesbian scene was a bit forced and out of place (although quite arousing *cough*), aside from that i had no issues

dangerous dave
09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Still downloading... my connection must be slow tonight.
westeros.org gives it a pretty good review from the beta tbh (http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entry/Pre-Order_Game_of_Thrones_Genesis/), so going to have low expectations and hopefully be pleasently surprised

Drovek
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the books are more... detailed in some of those scenes. The HBO series so far is a damn good representation of the books (with the usual adaptation liberties, most of them under GRRM's oversight.)

BarrytheChopper
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
The nudity is fitting for this series though. If you read the books, it's very lustful and full of debauchery. Especially the first book.

I suppose so. Now that I think of it, I was not amused by the 13 year old girl ♥♥♥♥ or the twincest when I read the first book either. I'm far from closed minded but sheesh.

winter2
09-28-2011, 04:44 PM

Hmmm.. interesting. I read through them all and I have to confess I really didn't like the first three ones. (Why bother with the rest you say? Well... I figured if I had made it this far I sure as heck would finish it)

The whole thing just felt like a chore. I didn't feel the story was really going anywhere. As soon as I detected any traction in any direction something else happened and it made me feel like the author was just wasting my time. Grrr..

I felt that number 4 had a pretty good flow though. I guess practice makes perfect. :P

BIG R
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Very rare a game designed about a movie or television series is any good.

Cant think of any example other than possibly some star trek, LOTR, and star wars games. And more often than not those arent very good either IMO.

Demon Wraith
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Very rare a game designed about a movie or television series is any good.

Cant think of any example other than possibly some star trek, LOTR, and star wars games. And more often than not those arent very good either IMO.

Sturgeon's Law