PDA

View Full Version : LA Noire heading to PC in November.

tibetanpunk
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
This game looks interesting. It's good to see that it is making it's way to the PC.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/28/and-in-other-pc-gaming-news-164/

IgnoreThisPlox
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Probably the worst Rockstar production I've played, its decent. Red Dead Redemption is the best, shame its not going on PC. But I enjoy it on my 360

barules
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I DON'T WANT THIS! I WANT RDR!! :(
But seriously, its sad that they aren't going to ever port RDR to the PC.

tibetanpunk
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Have they given a reason why they aren't porting RDR or they just big meany poo-poo heads? (Sorry, been watching too many redlettermedia star wars reviews lol)

Wayne Rooney
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
This game looks interesting. It's good to see that it is making it's way to the PC.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/28/and-in-other-pc-gaming-news-164/

The game got pretty interesting for the homicide cases.

But everything else was just an utter bore. Character is just the most unlikeable one i think i've ever played as, and the whole facial clue thing is just downright stupid.

Dont buy this.

devilsrefugee
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
It's good to see that it is making it's way to the PC.

Spot what is wrong with that sentence :(

AsheMan
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Spot what is wrong with that sentence :(

One too many apostrophes?

iBMe
09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
crappy port ahoy!

Deadly_Target
09-28-2011, 02:00 PM
crappy port ahoy!
baseless assumptions ahoy!

Here's some more information on the PC version: L.A. Noire for PC will not use Games for Windows Live. If you buy the game from Steam it will support Steamworks with achievements, however keep in mind that you will not get Steamworks functionality if you purchase the game at retail. In addition to the original full game, L.A. Noire for PC will include a multi-use code to access all the previously released downloadable content from the console versions, including the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case, the “Reefer Madness” Vice case, “The Consul’s Car” Traffic case, “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case.

iBMe
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
baseless assumptions ahoy!

No I base my assumption on the fact that GTA IV was a crappy port :)

lets hope they put more effort in this time.

Ghostbreed
09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm glad that those without consoles will have a chance to play this game soon on their PC's :D I'll tell ya, the wait has been worth it!

wits
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I was thinking about buying this on the console. But I wonder if the pc version would need a powerful pc as GTA4 needs.

Deadly_Target
09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
No I base my assumption on the fact that GTA IV was a crappy port :)

lets hope they put more effort in this time.
The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV was a mess at launch, yes, but Rockstar Toronto patched it up quite nicely and now it runs fine on most machines.

But none of that really matters anyway because Rockstar Leeds is doing this port, not Toronto.

Howler54 II
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Dang it, would love Red Dead Redemption instead.

iGluttony x
09-28-2011, 03:44 PM
People, this game is nothing to get excited over.

I've played, and just gave up on it. I was 2/3rds through, and it was just so boring I couldn't beat it.

The whole game is built on a ♥♥♥♥ty gimmick (looking at peoples faces).

HammerLegionary
09-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't trust rockstar with PC games.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
09-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Is it wrong that I've found every single Rockstar game I've played boring? I couldn't beat any of them. Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption... Not really looking forward to this game being on the PC.

eriktherandom
09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not boring, if you actually use your head it's fun to solve crimes without having to use the hints. I'm more of a fan of the "blatantly accuse the widow of knowing who killed her husband" approach, however.

Prysewhert(GER)
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
RDR.

That is all.

trojanrabbit.gg
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Maybe RockStar can 1up GTA IV and produce an even worse port.

freeloader105
09-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe RockStar can 1up GTA IV and produce an even worse port.

It would be quite the challenge :D

Kiarash
09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
This is the real game. (http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm86/kiarash23/1315155788858-2.jpg)

Sgt.Gotee
09-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Is it wrong that I've found every single Rockstar game I've played boring? I couldn't beat any of them. Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption... Not really looking forward to this game being on the PC.
I don't play their games to finish them, really. I just like screwing around. GTA:SAMP is loads of fun with friends.

trojanrabbit.gg
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
It would be quite the challenge :D

For RockStar, it would be as easy as watching paint dry... (which is probably what they do instead of working on the port)

freeloader105
09-28-2011, 07:36 PM
For RockStar, it would be as easy as watching paint dry... (which is probably what they do instead of working on the port)

I know what you're saying. But let me be the devil's advocate here. GTAIV was the first of the 'next-gen' Rockstar games that was ported to PCs. At least part of the reason why GTAIV ran so bad for so many of us and why this would no longer be the case today is that most of us, now, have quad core CPUs. Another thing is that eventually Rockstar did optimize even GTAIV (at least the episodes, anyway).

I think it's unlikely we'll get another port as bad as GTA4 from Rockstar. Even if there is a new console gen, the games ported from those consoles, I'm guessing, will not appear to be as badly ported as GTA4 did - again, because the 'core ratio' (e.g. PS3 & 360 vs. PC a few years ago) will be closer. Another way to put it is that the architecture of PCs & consoles will be more similar, as well as the developers' knowledge of how to make games that run optimally on all platforms.

I think that Infinity Ward generally does a great job on this (sans Black Ops, at launch - which was eventually fixed for most of us and is now a game with decent graphics that runs flawlessly for many).

I think I went in circles a few times here, but I hope it clears up my point of view.

tibetanpunk
09-28-2011, 07:45 PM

Nah, they spend all their time coming up with multiple, new and intrusive forms of DRM instead of optimizing their games for the PC...

Then they blame piracy when they don't sell well, or claim the reason it runs like crap is that it is a 'future proof' graphics engine when they get a negative reaction from the PC crowd.

Sadly, this is not satirical...Now I am finding myself not looking forward to this game :( lol

NanoIce
09-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Quick question: how much does this game worth? I would probably buy it when it's on sales, you know November = Batman:AC, Saint Rows TT, CoD:MW3... (out of budget)

Europhoria
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Have they given a reason why they aren't porting RDR or they just big meany poo-poo heads? (Sorry, been watching too many redlettermedia star wars reviews lol)

It seems that quite a few of us are doing that. :D

Gimme5
09-28-2011, 08:41 PM
BOOORRINNGGG...all you do is walk around pressing X

flashn00b
09-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd rather have a belated RDR port.

And since we won't be seeing Half-Life 2 Episode 3 any time soon, i say that Valve should do what they can to bring Red Dead to the PC.

freeloader105
09-28-2011, 09:44 PM
I'd rather have a belated RDR port.

And since we won't be seeing Half-Life 2 Episode 3 any time soon, i say that Valve should do what they can to bring Red Dead to the PC.

What about Valve RDR? (Completely unrelated..!!!)

Why not ask Jesus, instead? It would do as much good.

Deadly_Target
09-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Nah, they spend all their time coming up with multiple, new and intrusive forms of DRMThey've only released one game with DRM so far and it is not intrusive in any way.
instead of optimizing their games for the PC...They have optimized their latest PC game quite a bit. Have you played GTA IV with the latest patch installed?
Then they blame piracy when they don't sell wellRockstar has never blamed piracy for poor PC sales.

supernaut
09-29-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm glad and hopefully they won't ♥♥♥♥ it up at launch, like Rockstar Toronto did with GTA IV. Rockstar Leeds has no real PC development experience, from what I can see here, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Leeds) so I'll wait for reviews.

I have to get Mafia II eventually as well.

tibetanpunk
09-29-2011, 05:45 AM
They've only released one game with DRM so far and it is not intrusive in any way.
Ok...Online activation. Securom DVD authentication. Serial code. GFWL account. R* Socialclub account...

That list isn't invasive and totally overkill to you??

They have optimized their latest PC game quite a bit. Have you played GTA IV with the latest patch installed?

Yes, I have, and while I agree that GTA IV episodes is much more optimized, it still has a lot of performance issues and memory leaks that cause the game to turn into a slideshow at times, or flickering/missing textures.

Rockstar has never blamed piracy for poor PC sales.

Probably because of all the unnecessary layers of DRM that they wrap their games up in...lol

A quick google brings up quite a few results about Rockstar's piracy fears though.

tibetanpunk
10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Hands On With L.A. Noire On PC (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/29/hands-on-with-l-a-noire-on-pc/)

Whiplashr
10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Damn, I've REALLY wanted RDR for the PC for ages.. and they do THIS game instead. Sigh.

tibetanpunk
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Damn, I've REALLY wanted RDR for the PC for ages.. and they do THIS game instead. Sigh.

This game looks like it could be great. Maybe after the GOTY RDR comes out on the consoles they will finally port it to PC...Who knows?

Sgt.Gotee
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
I wondered if this game would be in limbo with the whole thing going down with Team Bondi. Sounds like full steam ahead at Leeds.

Foenetik
10-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Who knows?

“We hope that with the announcement that L.A. Noire is coming to PC this fall, and the knowledge that our next big game Max Payne 3 will have a PC release (plus that we’ve released both Grand Theft Auto IV and the Episodes from Liberty City for PC), we can finally put to rest any misconceptions that we’ve ‘abandoned the PC platform’” say Rockstar.

“We do know that, yes, there is just one title absent from our PC release plans – that game of course being Red Dead Redemption, and of course we’re well aware that some fans have been asking for it.

“All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms.”

bleh.

Spidery_Yoda
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Think it looks pretty rubbish.

I have no idea why they're porting this and not RDR.

per0xyd
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Since I realized they have console exclusive titles, I am not buying Rockstar games anymore.

So no LA Noire for me until it gets below $10. I used to buy their titles at full price on release but those days are over.

Gibbo73
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
It's not a bad game, but it has zero re-playability.

Not a good genre if you ask me.

Scared
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Since I realized they have console exclusive titles, I am not buying Rockstar games anymore.

So no LA Noire for me until it gets below $10. I used to buy their titles at full price on release but those days are over.

Not buying the game on PC because they generally only make console games is the WORST way to convince them you make more PC games.

SLowrAM
10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Not buying the game on PC because they generally only make console games is the WORST way to convince them you make more PC games.

I couldn't agree more, don't see how that theory makes any sense. Better idea would be not buy console version and buy PC version. If a company can only sell <= $10 on pc where's the pull to come over? They are offering 10% off pre-order discount (not too common with a game of this quality), offering all previous dlc for free, and not coming out with console $60 price, have keyboard binding, and upped the graphics. Now if you just aren't interested in such a game that's one thing but to say it's cause they come to consoles first, you may need to rethink how you would like to persuade companies to come to pc.
I've played this a good amount on 360 and a bit on ps3 and I'm very excited to see it come to PC. First time though I've considered a game from OnLive as I am thinking it will be a HUGE download, thinking bigger than Rage and unlike Rage this one shouldn't require a twitchy trigger finger, sure there are gun fights but they aren't all that difficult most difficult part is running down suspect. Anyone heard how large of a dl this will be? The 360 version required 3 discs (if memory serves) and that wasn't with higher textures and all dlc. Man PKZip needs a new algorithm :).

Gibbo73
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
It's not a bad movie and as such I wouldn't watch it again in a hurry.

Substitute movie for game and you have LA Noire summed up.

There are some nice touches though. If you wanna pay good money to see them, or just watch them on youtube for free is up to you.

Nyxanna
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I always thought GTA is great but then I played it..
People are all obsessed with this gangsta crap but I find those missions SO mind numbing. It's always a car chase and if I wanna play racing games I go play NFS where it's fun to drive. If I wanna shoot people I play FPS where shooting doesn't suck.
I never really got the point of GTA. The only thing they could have made better than other games is the story and the story really is a joke in all GTA games.

franjrp92
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Why they don't port RDR is beyond my comprehension.

Gibbo73
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM

It really isn't that great.

Microshocky
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM

It's a pretty looking game and I'd imagine it'd look a lot prettier on the PC but its BORING. 99 percent of the game is you riding on a horse across a huge map to your mission, then riding on a horse to get to the objective. The missions are just poor clones of GTA missions.

Game sucks. Really. Even the undead nightmare thing wasn't very interesting.

Acetyl
10-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Although not rockstar related, I'd still like to see Heavy Rain ported to the PC. Indigo prophecy was great, I wish they'd stuck with PC as the target platform for heavy rain.

HammerLegionary
10-22-2011, 08:27 PM
20 apples says it'll be a terrible port.

hoilst
10-22-2011, 08:43 PM

For the opposite reason they ported LA Noire so quickly.

RDR was made on time, on budget, made enough money on consoles, and was well-received. Rockstar will avoid, at all costs, making stuff for PC.

LA Noire was pretty much the opposite; I'm guessing they're expediting it to try and recoup the losses.

Gibbo73
10-22-2011, 08:47 PM
RDR is a boring game. Same as LA Noire. Same as all the GTA.

LA Noire is good for one play through. RDR you'll probably never finish like GTA because it is GTA but with horses and some lame farming.

firestonex
10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
It's about time.. Now how about giving me Red Dead????????????

Why does Rockstar keep forgetting about me?

I love how people call the games boring... Kids these days... All desensitized by their FPS's and space marines. pooff

I just thought of something, if the next consoles would support keyboard and mouse, then I might actually play on them.... Can someone pass that on to makers of the next gen consoles?

OMG the possibilities!!!!

Make it so Number 1