PDA

View Full Version : -The Binding Of Issac-Report Bugs/Issues Here

Pages : [1] 2 3

japanimater
09-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Please use this thread to post any problems you may be having with The Binding of Issac to include but not limited to bugs, glitches, exploits, or anything broken aside from the mentality of this twisted game. Please be descriptive about the issue and what usually triggers the issue to happen and please don't forget to post the specs of your computer to expedite the fix.

japanimater
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
***In Basement 1 I got a card item called Emperor VI or IV and when I used it it took me to a boss fight with Monstro. Upon beating him the entire game just instantly closed with no error message window or anything.

Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1
NVidia GeForce GTX 460
8 GBs of RAM(4x2GB sticks set in dual channel)
Intel i7 920
600GB HDD velociraptor

ASecondOpinion
09-28-2011, 09:27 PM
*ahem*
Like all games on the Steam Forums, exclude the "The" if the game title begins with it!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1231

Goshawk
09-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Moved thread and please edit your OP in future instead of multiple posts in a row.

Zenkei
09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146351

Losing all your save data if you clear your browser history/cookies etc. By save data, I mean the items and characters that you have unlocked, obviously.

SqueeMK2
09-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I beat the game on playthrough 2 (After getting the I Killed Mom achievement, first game where you have access to the womb) with Magdalene. Got the achievements The Cross and Judas' Fez. I quit the game and started it again later and lost all the progress made during that game. The secrets/unlocks I gained were reset, my mom kills went from 1 to 0, Judas is locked again, etc. If I start new games and kill my character off as soon as I can, quit and start it again it saves the death correctly in my stats.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate SP1
Nvidia Geforce 250GTS
4 gigs of RAM
Core 2 duo E6850 (3ghz)

Omega729
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I made it to level six "The Depths" and also died there, but the game over sheet was just white except for the Items I got, and then I went back to the title screen (had to click the button by memory since nothing was showing up) And everything was also white except "Start".

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1200 2.10 GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

ititj
09-29-2011, 08:51 PM
***On the map, where a shop was supposed to spawn(a oversized brown coin over-covering the square), a mini-boss character spawned instead but the shop icon is still there on the map. UPDATED: Happened twice now.

I think that is intentional sometimes. I've had this happen too but if you pay attention to the boss name its not one of the 7 deadly sin names and when you kill him the reward is a lot of coins.

EC-
09-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I notice that the application still runs in task manager when you close the game via the X in the window corner.

AsheMan
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
If I alt-tab out of the game for more than 5 minutes or so, it will close/crash.

Zhargadd
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
I was fighting Monstro in Basement I, and I enabled an item that gave me a shield. Whenever Monstro jumped "on" me, it just pushed me aside. However, when I'm on the edge of the room, he pushed me off the entire game and I was stuck.

thePyro_13
09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I think that is intentional sometimes. I've had this happen too but if you pay attention to the boss name its not one of the 7 deadly sin names and when you kill him the reward is a lot of coins.

It's greed, which I'm pretty sure is one of the 7 sins.

AfterstarX
09-29-2011, 10:27 PM
[Cosmetic appearance bug concerning "Lord of the Pit" item]:
If you buy the "Lord of the Pit" item from the devil room and you are not holding a pill/card(Q abilities),then you will not change to the flying demon form,but you can still fly over everything.

As soon as you pick something however it will change your appearance correctly.
When you use any pills/cards and you no longer hold anything again,sometimes it will remove the demonic form,until you pick up something,but you can still fly over everything.

[Possible bug with fire-blocks while in fly mode?]
Flying over fire-blocks will count as a hit and you will lose hp.
I'm not sure this is intended or not,since you can fly over spikes and holes.

Repeats
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I had a problem where steam apparently opened the game 4-5 times without my knowledge. I left to go eat after closing out of Isaac and I was still in the game without it being active. So I went into my task manager only to find like 5 Isaac's running in the background without windows.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but I wouldn't doubt I am just dumb and caused it to happen myself.

midnitecarnival
09-30-2011, 01:47 AM
Game keeps closing out to desktop during boss battles.
I haven't been able to complete one boss battle yet because of it.

AMD 2400+
1 Gig RAM
GeoForce GT 7300
Win XP 32 bit SP3

LCinn
09-30-2011, 02:04 AM
The game hangs whenever I unlock an achievement, and also on certain item pickups. Sometimes it recovers and I can continue playing, sometimes it just crashes :(

Miggel16
09-30-2011, 03:13 AM
I got "The Bean" ingame, but doesn't unlock the achievement on steam. :S

Erotikus
09-30-2011, 03:51 AM
My game is stuck on the first loading screen, it worked fine since launch, but now I cant even play the game, I tried redownloading, nothing still stuck on the first loading screen, any helpful tips for this would be appreciated.

anticitizen101
09-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Alt-tab from fullscreen silently crashed the game and deleted my save data.

I did not clear the browser cache or use ccleaner. This was a minute apart (from silent crash to opening game again).

Kanem
09-30-2011, 05:15 AM
I was fighting Monstro in Basement I, and I enabled an item that gave me a shield. Whenever Monstro jumped "on" me, it just pushed me aside. However, when I'm on the edge of the room, he pushed me off the entire game and I was stuck.

Same, i got pushed off the edge of the screen against monstro and was stuck.

Ducon
09-30-2011, 06:22 AM

Same,also first totally random shutout just occurred.Total played 1,8 h.

just_dont_do_it
09-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Any sort of extreme bulletspam (done by enemies and yourself) leads to controls "lagging" -- there's a substantial delay between pressing a key and seeing the action.

in.meinem.turm.
09-30-2011, 06:54 AM

AMD 2400+
1 Gig RAM
GeoForce GT 7300
Win XP 32 bit SP3

Same here
AMD 2800+
1.5 Gig RAM
GeoForce 5200
Win XP 32 bit SP3

CornBRED-X
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
The game sticks on the loading splash screen and does nothing. Then if I close the loading splash screen executable via task manager it will load the game sometimes, and sometimes it continues to do nothing so I have to close both.
Also the frame rate is really bad so it runs really slowly.
I know my computer isn't great but it should run better then it does, the game doesn't seem that much more intense then meat boy, and meat boy was fine so just wanted to throw in what i've noticed.
Interesting game but the slow down makes it unplayable sadly. I do hope to see this game fixed, it's really fun from what little i've played.

Win XP 32bit SP3
P4 3.0 ghz
2gigs of ram
7600gs Nvidia Graphics card dealio

Yal
09-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Being killed by Pride's diagonal ray attack leaves an empty "killed by" box on the death screen.

He's Pride, I should think he'd want credit for the kill.

cErno
09-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Gah, lost all my save data after running CCleaner, most likely the already mentioned browser cookie scenario.

SergeLeger
09-30-2011, 11:34 AM
The game crashs randomly (setting the quality to low solves the problem)

The game is slow when multiple ennemies are on screen at once (it gets better when i lower the quality).

I killed mom twice but in my stats it says 0.

Windows XP SP3
Athlon X2 3800+
GeForce 8800 GT
2GB RAM

anticitizen101
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Defeating Mom using The Bible doesn't seem to increment "Mom Kills".

Onryu
09-30-2011, 12:14 PM
If I alt-tab out of the game for more than 5 minutes or so, it will close/crash.

I get this just from pausing the game (same difference, I guess).

AsheMan
09-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I get this just from pausing the game (same difference, I guess).

It's a little weird in that I can alt-tab out of the game just fine and then shell back into it, but if I spend more than a few minutes shelled out it will just close down.

zupapl
09-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Sometimes, I'm losing control over Isaac, when there is a lot of monsters on screen.

The Wuggly Ump
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146351

Losing all your save data if you clear your browser history/cookies etc. By save data, I mean the items and characters that you have unlocked, obviously.

This also happens if you use CCleaner to clear browser or Flash caches, if you've disabled certain settings in Flash itself, and sometimes it happens without any clear reason.

Onryu
09-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I just wanted to mention that Screenshots do not seem to be working. I attempted both on Windowed and Fullscreen, but to no avail.

LonZealot
09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
The game is lagging really bad with many monsters/projectiles on the screen, even on low.

My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2 * 2.4Ghz)
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Windows Vista 64-bit

Joemurp
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM
The game has no interaction with Steam whatsoever. Ignoring the whole "deleting your file every time" issue with clearing my browser cache; when I play the game, I am not listed as online. In all the time I've put in so far, Steam has me listed with "2 Minutes Played," which I presume is from the initial loading screen only. And there seems to be a complete disconnect between the game and achievements. I have found the Radioactive Spider secret at least 4 times so far and yet I still have 0/43 achievements earned.

3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1

Miggel16
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I got the cat, so i have 9 extra trys,but only 1 hp left. After a while, without losing a try, i got the green mushroom and got another try. So i went on and collect some stuff, so i got a maximum of 3 hp (red hearts). Then after a while i died the first time and 1 try is gone and i had the 3hp... but when i died the 2nd time, i have had only 1hp insteed of 3hp, which i should have got... . I think it is a bug that i lost 2 hp (2 red hearts...), or isn't it?

Ps: I hope you can understand me, because i'm german and not very good in english. :(

SergeLeger
09-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I should have the achievements Judas's Fez and Lokis Horns but they didn't unlock (and i got 12 achievements before that).

SnarKs
09-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Sometimes, I'm losing control over Isaac, when there is a lot of monsters on screen.

I had this same issue when I was using my controller to play. I just made the joysticks less sensitive to input, fixed it right up.

Metametheus
09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
When fighting Larry Jr. If you fight in a corner and he swarms in on you I've had it twice where it moves me off grid and a piece of poop shows up right where I used to be. I can hear myself firing but I am no where and unable to get back into the room.

Which was frustrating because I had a lot of stuff going for me including a 1UP!

Ixm
09-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Game quits to desktop;
Seems to happen just after beating a boss/clearing a room.

Finding items and not gaining achievements, however the next time I run the game the Achievements are awarded to me all in one go.

AsheMan
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I got the cat, so i have 9 extra trys,but only 1 hp left. After a while, without losing a try, i got the green mushroom and got another try. So i went on and collect some stuff, so i got a maximum of 3 hp (red hearts). Then after a while i died the first time and 1 try is gone and i had the 3hp... but when i died the 2nd time, i have had only 1hp insteed of 3hp, which i should have got... . I think it is a bug that i lost 2 hp (2 red hearts...), or isn't it?

Ps: I hope you can understand me, because i'm german and not very good in english. :(

I believe the 9-lives cat purposefully revives you with only 1 heart. It's an evil mechanic, but likely intentional. The reason you revived with your 3 hearts when you died the first time is because the mushroom revives you with the normal amount of hearts before you had died.

In your case, you died, it used your mushroom and revived you with 3 hearts then you died again and it used the 9-lives cat, which only revives you with 1 heart.

JoelMB12
09-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Keep crash on me without warning

warlordship
09-30-2011, 07:00 PM

The coin shop can sometimes be inhabited by the sin of Greed, in place of the actual shop.

BUG REPORT: Near the end of the game, in one of the arena maps, I stood on top of where one of the monstro duo spawns (yes, deep enough, bosses come two at a time, as just a regular room monster fight) and he hurt me.... through the south wall. after that, I was stuck outside the game area. I could move right and left along the bottom (as seen by the fact when I dropped bombs it dropped them inside the map along the bottom wall), but could not shoot back in to finish the fight. I could not see myself. I could not die. Had to give up some VERY good gear that I think would have let me beat the game.

botserver
09-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Crash when alt + tab

Secret_Walrus
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
The game randomly closes out for me about every 5 minutes, 15 if I'm having a lucky day.

I'm not alt-tabbing, it just randomly closes the game whenever I try to play.

Darreck
09-30-2011, 07:13 PM

It is Greed. Kinda appropriate given the place he spawns (false shop)

Ducon
09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
My latest achievement shows Monstros Tooth but when I view all achievements its not there.

Levistras
09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Not sure how to describe the issue, but I get weird input lag when things get busy on screen. If there's 4+ enemies and projectiles flying around and enemies that leave trails it is at it's worst. The best I can describe it is the inputs seem to queue up, to a point where I'm pressing left, but going right on screen still, I let go and then he'll go left a second or two after. I have to tell it what to do a good second or two before it does it.

After an enemy or two is killed it goes back to normal, but is incredibly hard to play through. I've watched my CPU usage during play and it never spikes above 40% so I'm not sure what could be the issue. I typically play with mouse and keyboard.

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Q6600 (quad@2.4ghz)
4gb RAM
Geforce 8800GTS x 2 (SLI)

Think
10-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I've only had this happen once in about 6 hours of playing, but on Basement 2, while fighting Larry Jr, he pushed me through the bottom wall and off-screen. I LOL'd!

Intel Quad Q9650
Nvidia GeForce GTX 480x2SLI
Win 7 x64
and a monkey on a treadmill

heretohelp
10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Regarding lost saves data i think it got something to do with reseting your PC through the reset button and not through the start menu, meaning save data is not crash-proof.

I got a BSOD and as it seemed got no other choice but to reset the PC thru the button. When i got back some of my progress was gone.

I could be wrong tho...

Also, if you alt-tab or play in windowed mode and do something else but not playing the game - like browsing the net or sumtin, th game will crash with no message, just close, and in my case - corrupt the save data. So make sure u closed the game tru the game menu.

TensaiKashou
10-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Over time, the game slows down and eventually crashes with no error message (usually shortly after the cutscene for Basement II).

Intel Pentium M 2.00GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon X300
Win XP x32
1GB RAM

Cr@zy
10-01-2011, 08:36 AM
just a visual but still a bug :p

when you get an item that turns your skin black and then use Roid Rage/Growth Hormones this is what it looks like
http://i55.tinypic.com/302sahs.jpg

Ducon
10-01-2011, 01:36 PM
My latest achievement shows Monstros Tooth but when I view all achievements its not there.

Well ♥♥♥♥ me, now Monstros Tooth is not my latest achievement anymore either, it just disappeared..

JoelMB12
10-01-2011, 05:42 PM
The game randomly closes out for me about every 5 minutes, 15 if I'm having a lucky day.

I'm not alt-tabbing, it just randomly closes the game whenever I try to play.
Same Problem and only enjoy 5 mins of game and then bam! done no more game for you.

ZeroF26
10-01-2011, 06:25 PM

AMD 2400+
1 Gig RAM
GeoForce GT 7300
Win XP 32 bit SP3

Same, got to envy, did more than 1/2 to 3/4 done then game suffers from a swift and silent heart attack. Lags a bit when fighting, but I also lagged in Meat Boy, I blame my crappy 8 year old computer. Thank the lord for Black Friday online sales. And yes, my stats.

Win XP SP3 (how could you not have SP3)
Pentium 4 2.5 ghz
1.5 GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Hasn't anyone heard of "pre-release play testing"? Sure does cut down on forum whining/solutions.

Underwhelmd
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
After doing some comparisons, it seems that despite Judas' and Cain's stats listing their shot power as being greater than Isaac's (2 and 1 point respectively) they actually do the same amount of damage in the actual game.

Angry McBald
10-01-2011, 07:11 PM
game keeps closing randomly. I had just unlocked Cain and was having my best playthrough ever with 8 hearts and insane tears power ups, then the game closed and didn't even save my progress (Cain was still locked).

BishopWonDai
10-01-2011, 08:01 PM
suggesting if its working as intended or bug if its not
I fight greed multiple times, I think 3 is the most I have had, feels silly.

can't have more than 3 close orbitals, aka cube of meat pretty fly and halo of fly's one fly goes missing

can't have more than 2 followers, sister, brother, steve for eg. the last one you picked up won't appear. since its unlikely you will get them all why is this the case?

BroccoliKills
10-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Game keeps crashing to desktop. This would not be so bad, but it LOST ALL MY PROGRESS! I spent many hours last night, beat the game twice, opened up the first two characters, lots of other stuff: all gone!

taltamir
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
when fighting larry jr. (the boss that is two worms that run around and defecate. It cornered me in the bottom left, hit me, and defecated exactly then; I might have also hit it with something, not sure. I disappeared. Shooting made noise but no shots appeared, I couldn't move or harm anything, nor be harmed.
I put a bomb and it placed on my location (bottom right corner in a pile of feces) which exploded but made no difference to my HP or anything else. I had to restart the game.

I also noticed that when I get an upgrade to damage/rate of fire/range it will not appear on the menu (hitting esc) until after I fire a shot. So, for example I have 2 bars for damage, I get a damage upgrade. It shows 2 bars, i move around, i wait, it shows 2 bars. I fire some shots and it now shows 4 bars.

Also, there needs to be some way to pause the music and minimize the game. It is always on top, and always playing music. I can pause the game by hitting Esc key. Great for if I need to run to the bathroom. But if someone calls me on skype and I take the call there is no easy way to mute it. Nor to minimize it. I have to get creative (eg, use windows tuner to cut volume to that program only, and drag it so that it is mostly out of the way). A "minimize & silence" option would be great to have in the esc menu.

Game keeps crashing to desktop. This would not be so bad, but it LOST ALL MY PROGRESS! I spent many hours last night, beat the game twice, opened up the first two characters, lots of other stuff: all gone!

oh yes, progress definitely needs to be saved periodically rather then only on a proper shutdown.

Demnchi
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I know a lot of people have mentioned this issue already, but it caused me to lose my first potential victory in the game.

I was fighting Mom and I was in the south-west (lower-left) corner when she managed to stomp me and push me out the map. I think everyone here that has had a similar issue was at least at the bottom of the screen.

She had one to two hits left... i r was sad. Q.Q

Infusion
10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
shift + tab doesn't work to access steam chat.

Also if you're alt + tabbed for more than 30 seconds, the game closes

SqueeMK2
10-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I beat the game on playthrough 2 (After getting the I Killed Mom achievement, first game where you have access to the womb) with Magdalene. Got the achievements The Cross and Judas' Fez. I quit the game and started it again later and lost all the progress made during that game. The secrets/unlocks I gained were reset, my mom kills went from 1 to 0, Judas is locked again, etc. If I start new games and kill my character off as soon as I can, quit and start it again it saves the death correctly in my stats.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate SP1
Nvidia Geforce 250GTS
4 gigs of RAM
Core 2 duo E6850 (3ghz)

Just want to say this happened yet again after the patch. Completely ♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous. Wouldn't think a five dollar video game would piss me off this much, but here we are. :o

Once again went from "Dead mom happy Isaac" main menu, to beating mom's heart in the womb, broken heart main menu. Quit game, start game, back to "Dead mom happy Isaac" and my deaths/mom kills/secrets/items set back to before the previous winning game. ♥♥♥♥ this.

pekugram
10-01-2011, 11:49 PM
game window does not appear anymore. how to fix this? i hear game sounds on intro :confused:

Forfy
10-02-2011, 12:10 AM
When fighting the Mr. Maw (http://bindingofisaac.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Maw) creatures, on several occasions rather than extending a head towards me, it would send a second body at me. Unfortunately I could not screenshot it, but yeah, just pointing it out.

anticitizen101
10-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Placing a bomb between two blood donation machines only destroys one.

They were summoned with 2 temperance cards in the same room. Placement was [Machine][Bomb][Machine] and the machines were both well within the blast radius.

EDIT: and another one.

The Skakatole doesn't protect against flies released by the guy in the arcade. It's probably the same for flies released by the slot machine.

Hint4U
10-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Judas is marked as having highest starting damage, but he's doing less damage than Cain for me.

cooldreng15
10-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Bugs still here after update:
Moveable rock (the one thats spawn when you get an item or like that), you can push it and it will move it that direction but still stuck to the ground.

Text under screen "1280x720 when you pick an item, text goes a little under screen.

when picking an item and getting shot at, then you will still lose HP which i hope is a bug, because thats very annoying.

mindfray
10-02-2011, 03:28 AM
read someone using a french keyboard had the same problem i do. but im using a american logitec keyboard i bought at walmart.

wasd does not work properly s moves down d moves right but q moves left and z moves up?

makes it impossible to play the dang game :(

anticitizen101
10-02-2011, 04:15 AM
read someone using a french keyboard had the same problem i do. but im using a american logitec keyboard i bought at walmart.

wasd does not work properly s moves down d moves right but q moves left and z moves up?

makes it impossible to play the dang game :(

Go to options, check AZERTY option. Read the damned patch changelog next time.

GusTheCrocodile
10-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Read the damned patch changelog next time. To be fair, non-standard control options generally don't default to on, and perhaps that itself could be considered a bug.

anticitizen101
10-02-2011, 04:25 AM
I have unlocked Loki's horns a while ago but the achievement is still locked.

It's the only achievement so far that hasn't unlocked for me.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, Mom's contacts didn't unlock either.

Hiperop
10-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Shift + tab doesn't work to access steam comunnity.

Still no Achievements at all...

If you run CCleaner you will lose the save partially.

anticitizen101
10-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Rewatching the epilogue from the menu won't let you skip the credits.

RazorwireHUN
10-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Game window does not appear, making it impossible to play.
Win XP SP3.
Had no issues with the earlier version of the game.
It doesen't even show up @ programs only as: Binding_of Isaac.exe and Isaac.exe @ processes.

Reinstalling solved this for me, kept all my saves. Just started it up again, to check if it counted my succesful run just now, but game window doesen't show again :\
I hope for a fix, cause reinstalling every time I want to play sounds like a huge pain in the A.

anticitizen101
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
In the challenge rooms, Larry Jr. worms sometimes spawn, but once, 4 (2x) appeared, and two of them had only one segment, and insufficient life, thus they died instantly.

EDIT: For reference, this happened to me in the 1st level of the womb, while playing as Judas.

no7892142
10-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Also if you're alt + tabbed for more than 30 seconds, the game closes

Most severe Bug at the moment, I believe.
Also, "always on top" isn't really cool.
Autopause if the game loses focus would be desirable.

Morter
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't know why but the game stopped displaying for me entirely past the loading splash screen. I don't know if it's a common problem (the many people I chat with haven't run into this), but I'm posting it here, hoping for a solution. I was able to play at least once since the update.

It doesn't show up when I alt-tab, nor is it in my taskbar, but it shows BoI as a running application in the Task Manager. When I try "switch to", nothing happens.

I've restarted it three times now, with no luck

Vizrt
10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Just beat the game. The stats and unlocks in the game menus did not save. After I restarted the game, they were wiped and gone. I'm not running any programs, while playing or afterward, that would delete or mess with flash cache. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

icelandia89
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Bug with "Pestilence" boss: Fought with him in caves 2, I had high damage and fire rate... After many hits I trew him outside the map... He keeps spawning flys and trowing his explosive ball. The flys spawn inside the map, the ball dont.

After a battle with wrath: Wrath dropped a MR.bomb or something like that, I had another active item and it was blocking my way out: I got trapped in a small area without bombs to destroy the rocks to free myself.
I had to restart the game in both cases, pardon me for my crappy english.

Ducon
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Am I only one annoyed by cursor staying visible on screen?

Vizrt
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Just beat the game. The stats and unlocks in the game menus did not save. After I restarted the game, they were wiped and gone. I'm not running any programs, while playing or afterward, that would delete or mess with flash cache. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

As an update, I tried going to the website for the Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings panel and setting the Global Storage to 100kb with 3rd party data storage allowed. I set both game shortcuts in the Steam folder to run as administrator. The game still will not save properly. After I reload my data is gone. The only data it seems to have saved is from the first death.

DraconianOurobo
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
not sure why but after update, when I run in fullscreen it will not stretch to screen at lower resolutions. I have 11+hours logged in pre-update and never had an issue, I let steam apply the update and now I have to run it at its max resolution to fill the screen. Anyone else had this issue. Also any help would be appreciated.

Mr Smegheneghan
10-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I just managed to make it to Mom after what I thought was a decent run, then after some dodging, she trod on me. Not normally a problem, as I could tank the damage. BUT I GOT KNOCKED OFF-SCREEN. (http://i.imgur.com/UFikH.png) I could move around, fire, and the dreaded heel would try and land on me, but I couldn't escape, and I couldn't die. Fan-flipping tastic.

And just to clarify, I got forced through the border of the screen, so I couldn't walk back in to the battle. I was playing as Isaac on 1280x800 full-screen. I thought this had been fixed, but I guess that bug report was for a different wall clipping bug.

Adilor
10-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Like others have noted, being tabbed out of the game for more than a couple minutes will crash it silently.

Also something that's been noted by others, the control options (AZERTY and lefty flip) keep toggling themselves on with every game launch, as well as the music setting.

PimpWilly
10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
If you kill Peep with Mother's Bra active, the eyes do not die, and you cannot continue on. Ruins the current playthrough : (

Nolari
10-03-2011, 03:22 AM
I haven't been able to play at all since the patch got released. :( I keep getting:
This game is currently unavailable.
Please try again at another time.

And it's only The Binding of Isaac, as other games start just fine. Did I somehow not get the patch? Steam seems to think there's nothing to update, though...

Halp. :(

EDIT: deinstalling the game and reinstalling seems to fix this. :D

no7892142
10-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Judas doesn't seem to have the damage output is it claimed he has.
Red flies still need 2 hits, which is no improvement over anyone else.

LucianDK
10-03-2011, 06:39 AM
I am playing in windowed mode on pc, win 7, but the game insists on being on top constantly, obscuring my other programs.

Necroinaba
10-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Yesterday I purchased the game and was running fine except the usual "complete the game and no mom kill count increased" bug.

Today i ran the game, and besides not having items unlocked (But yes secret items), the controls are inverted. Arrow Keys move, WASD shoots, but only S and D works (I can still shoot fine using the mouse).

Asylums_Patient
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Like others, I'm having the issue where the game just closes randomly. No error code, no "The Binding of Issac has stopped working", absolutely nothing. Just closes.

F.Mercury
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
All progress gone except my 14 achievements.

I've been extremely cautious and fixed my settings and everything since reading about the whole save delete thing and never had problems but launching the game after it had updated, everything was reset to zero, four unlocked characters are gone, 54 pieces of collected items gone.

I'm not sure when I'll ever play this awesome game again, damn it...

anticitizen101
10-03-2011, 01:21 PM
All progress gone except my 14 achievements.

I've been extremely cautious and fixed my settings and everything since reading about the whole save delete thing and never had problems but launching the game after it had updated, everything was reset to zero, four unlocked characters are gone, 54 pieces of collected items gone.

I'm not sure when I'll ever play this awesome game again, damn it...

The save game issue was only partially resolved. The collection part of the save was still stored as flash cache.

This will be fixed in the next update.

Sir_Carrot
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
GAH. So frustrated. Got to Mom (the leg) and was doing the best playthrough I'd done before - great powerups, full hearts, all that. Had her down to a quarter health and she steps on me in the corner and I go flying off the map. Can't see myself, can't get back on.

Definitely want to look into fixing this so it doesn't happen to other players - it is a very, very frustrating glitch to encounter.

So sad right now.

Vizrt
10-03-2011, 01:39 PM
As an update, I tried going to the website for the Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings panel and setting the Global Storage to 100kb with 3rd party data storage allowed. I set both game shortcuts in the Steam folder to run as administrator. The game still will not save properly. After I reload my data is gone. The only data it seems to have saved is from the first death.

Finally got my save file to work.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Fixed by changing local to 1mb storage. The so.sol file was not appearing until after this change. Seems that the save data is being written now.

occamsnailfile
10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Haven't managed to finish the game yet, working on it--but can't play it a lot because it won't seem to respond to alt-tab at all, on my home (XP 64) or work (7) machine. No minimize button either.

Fuzzmeister
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
When I open up the game, instead of showing up as in-game, I show up as online on Steam and none of my game play hours show up either, so it basically seems as if I haven't played it through Steam at all. I don't understand why.

Sshado
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
I was on a perfect run down to floor 2 or 3 when I made a pact for sister maggie.

Then the game crashed.

http://i.imgur.com/LFze4.png

KaySakura
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Having great run. Using mouse to fire. Crash to desktop after being Basement 1 boss Gemini.

Clicking Play launched 3 instances of the Game.

Music random launching as OFF

Harry101
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I entered a fight with War and chucked Bob's Rotten Head at him; he lost a lot of health and got poisoned. When he flew off the screen however, the poison drained his health to the point where he lost his body and he was unable to fly back to the arena.

Annoyingly, I had a terrific run up to this point and was unable to continue because War was stuck off-screen. :(

Anyone else encountered this or know if it will be fixed somehow? :)

lumpy custard
10-03-2011, 05:08 PM

This happened to me too. Even without a shield.

Jagobah
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Confirming that Mom can push stomp you off the map. Aftermath video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPiYg2LfoIE

Fayte16
10-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Ok this has been going on for the past couple of days, whenever I exit out the game still runs in the background and I need to use the task manager to stop it.

Futaleufu
10-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I was fighting War, I destroyed his ride and then I had the great idea of using My Little Unicorn against him. I charged, he charged, he was stronger, he sent me out of the screen and I was unable to go back.
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2v3362e.jpg

Never!
10-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Fighting 2x Monstro's in the womb 1, one hit me, sent me flying out of the room.

Most perfect run ever :(

Stufreddy
10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
There's too many 3+1chan/meme references. It's cringe inducing.

icelandia89
10-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Using "spoon blender" and "my reflection" together make some tears to dissapear almost instantly, but only if they are fired to an enemy.

omninakago
10-04-2011, 03:47 AM
If you have a powerup that causes your shots to push enemies around and you fight Death, you can get him stuck almost offscreen. From that point on, all he'll do is constantly spawn Knights while you can't shoot or bomb him.

Blade7480
10-04-2011, 05:22 AM

This happened to me as well yesterday :(.

Also today, I collected 51 coins total at the same time, but didn't get the 50+ pennies achievement, nor did it unlock the new character :(. This happened in The Depths 1, after I had already gotten the Maggy's Wig achievements on that floor, and also unlocking something else that apparently didn't have an achievement associated with it. Not sure if that's related, though :)

Cheers for making a great game!

Desi
10-04-2011, 05:29 AM
The game will not accept arrow key input from JoyToKey. I assume this is because I am using a generic USB controller and not an Xbox controller. Yes, all of the buttons work fine. Yes, movement is received properly by the game; it's only firing that is not.

Cubite
10-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Haven't managed to finish the game yet, working on it--but can't play it a lot because it won't seem to respond to alt-tab at all, on my home (XP 64) or work (7) machine. No minimize button either.

Try the F key perhaps?

Necroinaba
10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
In a fight against the Duke of Flies in Basement 2, i got stuck in the left wall. I didn't get hit during the entire fight, and i had to get out of there mashing the move arrows.

facest
10-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Just had a bug when dying with a 1up power-up on a boss. Beam of light appeared, I disappeared, all my companion flies and meats stayed circling me, but it never actually ended my life, my last heart was flickering on and off and I couldn't do anything. I had picked up about 7 Pretty Fly pills (though only 3 visible) and a crap-ton of other stuff, so I can't really give more specifics on what I was using. Had to exit to menu to be able to keep playing.

Boss was the one that burrows underground and pops out to dive, where you have to hit it's tail.

Cuttleman
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Here's a screenshot of Death trapped off-screen, out of the range of tears and bombs, but still able to spawn minions on the field.

http://i.imgur.com/LoP0P.jpg

You can make out his feet just over the left end of his health bar.

Keymonk
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
The game forces itself above all other games in my screen. I can't seem to minimize it or tab out properly, it keeps staying at the forefront.

Pidulle
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
My game closes when i go to the bathroom lol

Blade7480
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Minor glitch: When in a room with a secret doorway, picking up the Xray vision item doesn't instantly show it. You have to leave the room and come back before it will show the doorway.

AishaLove
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Every time I go into options azerty and lefty flip become enabled, even when I don't even touch the controls options.

Also my collection page is constantly being made blank, and I unlocked a character that is now locked again. I know that my save was not erased by cleaner softwere, I have not run anything like that.

mwelling12
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Not sure if these have been mentioned or not but here goes:

- Using the Magneto powerup (The one that lures items to you, even over chasms and rocks), there was a tarot card that did not move. Not sure which card it was, if it was just that one card or all others, but thought I'd mention it.

- A few times, I've encountered a room where an item was surrounded by rocks and, not having bombs, I knew I couldn't get the item. I'd leave for a while and come back through that room to notice that the items would be accessible to me. This only happened rarely, but I've confirmed it twice.

- I finally killed Mom, but my "Mom Kills" on the Stats screen still shows 0. Not a big deal, but still kind of irksome.

Never!
10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
This happened to me as well yesterday :(.

Also today, I collected 51 coins total at the same time, but didn't get the 50+ pennies achievement, nor did it unlock the new character :(. This happened in The Depths 1, after I had already gotten the Maggy's Wig achievements on that floor, and also unlocking something else that apparently didn't have an achievement associated with it. Not sure if that's related, though :)

Cheers for making a great game!
Did you collect them and spend them or did you have the 51 coins stored up? I believe this only works if you store them.

Never!
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Not sure if these have been mentioned or not but here goes:

- Using the Magneto powerup (The one that lures items to you, even over chasms and rocks), there was a tarot card that did not move. Not sure which card it was, if it was just that one card or all others, but thought I'd mention it.

- A few times, I've encountered a room where an item was surrounded by rocks and, not having bombs, I knew I couldn't get the item. I'd leave for a while and come back through that room to notice that the items would be accessible to me. This only happened rarely, but I've confirmed it twice.

- I finally killed Mom, but my "Mom Kills" on the Stats screen still shows 0. Not a big deal, but still kind of irksome.
You didnt kill the "Real Mom". There is another version of mom that you need to kill before it records kills.

erg
10-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Was fighting the mom and her shoe knocked me outside of the room... I couldn't do anything, I was simply stuck knocked outside of it and could no longer even see myself. Incredibly annoying.

zadokk
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I completed the game with Maggy (this was my first time killing mom). I got all the other achievements I was supposed to get except for "complete the game with maggy", which remains locked (rather annoyingly).

trmp8604
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I've cleared the game a few times with multiple characters and none of the steam achievements have been unlocked for them yet. Also, the same issue as many others have with the collection deleting itself occurs with me.

Both problems started occurring after the game update a few days ago... which sucks cuz updates are supposed to help :/

Side note: To get around the "always on top" problem, if you fullscreen then go back to windowed mode (press f twice) Isaac can be behind Firefox with the wiki's item page open ;)

EDIT:
I had another issue with a game that was installed on steam not registering as installed, so the instructions given by tech support was to delete everything in the steam folder except the .exe and the steam apps folder (that houses the game files by default). Doing that didn't fix the other problem, but my steam suddenly has the correct achievements unlocked for me now.

Collection is still way smaller than it used to be though :(

RobertHM
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
The game has no interaction with Steam whatsoever. Ignoring the whole "deleting your file every time" issue with clearing my browser cache; when I play the game, I am not listed as online. In all the time I've put in so far, Steam has me listed with "2 Minutes Played," which I presume is from the initial loading screen only. And there seems to be a complete disconnect between the game and achievements. I have found the Radioactive Spider secret at least 4 times so far and yet I still have 0/43 achievements earned.

I'm having the same issues as Joemurp here, and I am also on a Mac, back on 10.5.8 but ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard, 10.6. (It's an older MacBook Pro, so I'm hesitant to change too much system stuff too quickly.) I know when the game boots up, I see the icon of Binding_of_isaac on my Taskbar, which during the loading screen is joined by a second, bouncing icon for a file simply called Isaac, which is probably the game itself instead of the preloader. I'm really hoping Mac Steam integration is fixed whether on the Valve side or the McMillan side, because I am *really* enjoying this bizarre little game.

Blade7480
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Did you collect them and spend them or did you have the 51 coins stored up? I believe this only works if you store them.

Yeah that's what I figured too, after trying to collect and spend at first, and nothing happening. So then I tried storing them all up till I had 51, but still nothing happened :).

thobel
10-04-2011, 08:47 PM
You can't pick up a brother bobby if you have a sister maggy, a steven, and a relic following. I spent 3 good soul hearts FOR NOTHING! The horror.

(there was no horror. I do believe I had 30 soul hearts at the time).

burningleo
10-04-2011, 10:22 PM
After the recent update I now get high input lag when there is a medium to high bit of action going on screen. It will just all of a sudden start taking over a second before it realizes im pressing keys. It will allow me to move around normally once a good bit of enemies are off the screen.

Zebasted
10-05-2011, 02:45 AM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/issacglitched.png/
You can't see it because I planted a bomb but I have the ladder upgrade. I entered the room from the East door and as I was running across,I managed to get stuck between the stone head things. I was so mad when I realized I couldn't get out =/

megascorcher
10-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm not getting achievements. I started playing before the achievements came, and I didn't retroactively get any when they came. I have tried deleting my save, losing all my progress (unlocked Maggie and Cain, 2 mom kills), but it didn't help, I'm stuck at 0 achievements.

Erotikus
10-05-2011, 05:37 AM
The game still crashes after the splash loading screen, I can play the game through the isaac.exe in the steam folder but then it doesnt register that I am playing the game nore do i get any achievements, also this way I can launch the game without being logged in to steam, which is kinda silly

Olmus
10-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Slowdown occurs when there are too many bullets/enemies on the screen.

Specs:
Windows XP Home Edition, SP3
GeForce 8800 GTX
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.21GHz
3GB RAM

Veris66
10-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Minor issue:

As many players may or may not know, whether an enemy is its "special" version (i.e. that which is stronger but drops extra loot) appears to be determined when the player enters the room. Therefore, if you leave and enter the same room long enough, you will eventually get one or more special version enemies.

This by itself is not a problem, because most of the ways to leave a room without killing the enemies cost the player resources.

However, it becomes an issue if the player has the X-ray glasses, because it allows the player to enter and leave over and over all of the rooms adjacent to the secret room, without expending any resources.

This is optimal play in many cases, especially if the enemies are extremely easy to defeat for the player's current itemset, even in their special versions, because more loot is always superior to less loot. It is, however, tedious and a lot of players won't do it, but that's precisely why I consider it an issue; the game should not encourage players to do non-fun things in order to play optimally, as a general game design principle.

If the game designers agree, determining which rooms contain special version monsters at the generation of the level rather than upon entering the room would fix the issue.

BenKYS
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
I beat the game twice and unlocked both secret characters and of course killed mom, it didn't give me any achievements for any of that. I still have 0/0. What the hell?

Anraiki
10-06-2011, 06:41 PM
When you blow a wall and open up the secret room, sometimes, you won't be able to go to the room until you killed all the monster in the room.

Same thing applies for X-Ray Glasses.

F.Mercury
10-06-2011, 07:08 PM
1) I've had a bomb exploding animation constantly over and over during the end of the Scolex boss fight.

2) The ambient music that plays when a boss is finished started during Scolex and Fistula all of a sudden even though they were very much alive.

3) Here's another glitch (Scolex boss again) I did captured on video which beats them all, a live/frozen poison cloud that you can shoot and play around with haha, unfortunately I don't know if it would hurt me if I touched it because I was too fast and jumped down - argh!

Video of Poison Cloud glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8eiI_C3q0

MiniSusi
10-06-2011, 11:36 PM
achiements still don't work for me (using mac) don't know if that is because steam or the game

juanneox
10-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Having My Reflection and the Spoon item (Homing Shots + Boomerang Shots) makes your tears sometimes dissapear in mid air as if they had hit a wall and won't hit the enemies

Vaporz
10-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Is the achievements problem being looked into? Windows 7 x64, no UAC, using admin account, 17 secrets, 0 achievements. FlashAchievements.exe does not appear to run while the game is running, or even start at all (checked with process explorer).

Ronlaen
10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Achievements do not work for me. Windows 7 64-bit, no UAC, tried running the game with administrator as well as that flash exe in the directory. Checked cache and uninstalled and reinstalled game.

Agora
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Much like an earlier report in this thread, it seems Cain is perma-locked on my end. I'm pretty damn sure I got at least the minimum amount of cash needed to unlock him, and yet he remains locked at all times.

I believe I should have first unlocked him on my Maggy walkthrough where I beat Mom's heart on the first try and unlocked Judas.

Since then, I've had one or two situations where I definitely had enough cash, and yet he never unlocks. I am ultra bummed since I suppose that basically means I can't get all the endings and maybe even unlock the other extra character(s) ;A;

R1CK
10-08-2011, 07:54 AM
After the update, when you pick up a item in the item room, you can't hear the pick up item sound.

Henry Spencer
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
If you have Mr. Mega (or any other item that completely changes your character's head, I'm assuming) and use the Gamekid, you will be stuck looking like this (http://tinypic.com/r/1yqs8y/7) until you leave the room.

grim_one
10-09-2011, 01:00 AM
I configure my Options to be 'High' detail and 'Large' screen size (windowed), but every time I start the game up again they have reverted to the default values.

Windows 7 64 bit
Admin account
Running in a window
Not sure what other details are relevant.

Blade7480
10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah that's what I figured too, after trying to collect and spend at first, and nothing happening. So then I tried storing them all up till I had 51, but still nothing happened :).

Well. It seems that the Cain's Eyepatch achievement is only awarded after collecting 55 pennies (like it says in-game for unlocking Cain). However the description on Steam says "Collect 50+ pennies in one play through", so I guess it's not so much a bug, as a mis-wording on Steam.

Aguydude
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
The loading application launches without crashing (so this shouldn't be mdm specific), but the application itself crashes immediately after loading on my machine. Running OSX 10.6.8. I don't think this issue happened until either the Oct 5 update or the Oct 2 update.

Process: mdm_flash_player [1974]
Path: /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/the binding of isaac/Isaac.app/Contents/MacOS/mdm_flash_player
Identifier: com.yourcompany.mdm_flash_player
Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: mdm_flash_player [1972]

Date/Time: 2011-10-09 13:56:22.770 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x0000f2dc CProjector::GetFormCreateMask(int) const + 28
1 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x00014f16 -[MyWindow doInit:styleMask:backing:defer:formId:] + 88
2 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x00014e4c -[MyWindow initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:] + 108
3 com.apple.AppKit 0x95fa3626 -[NSWindowTemplate nibInstantiate] + 588
4 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f149f9 -[NSIBObjectData instantiateObject:] + 253
5 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f13cfe -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:topLevelObjects:] + 336
6 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f121a4 loadNib + 257
7 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f117f7 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 831
8 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f114ad +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone:] + 158
9 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f113f8 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 383
10 com.apple.AppKit 0x95f0e1fd NSApplicationMain + 434
11 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x00002d2b main + 107
12 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x00002656 _start + 216
13 ...ourcompany.mdm_flash_player 0x0000257d start + 41

Thread 1: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cd382 kevent + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cda9c _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 215
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982ccf59 _dispatch_queue_invoke + 163
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cccfe _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 240
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc781 _pthread_wqthread + 390
5 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc5c6 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 2:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc412 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc9a8 _pthread_wqthread + 941
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc5c6 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 3:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc412 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc9a8 _pthread_wqthread + 941
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x982cc5c6 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x95fa33eb ecx: 0x0001ca70 edx: 0x00000000
edi: 0x00000001 esi: 0x0031c630 ebp: 0xbfffed78 esp: 0xbfffed60
ss: 0x00000023 efl: 0x00010246 eip: 0x0000f2dc cs: 0x0000001b
ds: 0x00000023 es: 0x00000023 fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x0000000f
cr2: 0x00000000

PhantomPrince
10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Achievements still not working here.

Windows 7 64-bit
No UAC
Administrator account

Klagmar
10-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I seem to be having trouble getting achievements. I got 11 early on, but can't seem to get any more. I first noticed the problem when I built a Super Meat Boy and did not get the achievement, but it became very apparant recently when I beat the game and did not recieve "Judas's Fez". I can play as Judas, but did not receive the achievement. Interestingly, the picture is highlighted like I have unlocked it, but it is with the locked achievements and is not counting for me.

ArucardT
10-10-2011, 04:50 AM
You didnt kill the "Real Mom". There is another version of mom that you need to kill before it records kills.

I realized why this is confusing since you get the 'I killed Mom' achievment after the 3rd chapter, unless I got it early?

Slight graphic bug- Using moms contact while fighting Gemini it seems petrifying the larger one seems to freeze the umbilical cord causing him to float around seperately. When unfroze he goes back to normal and freezing the small one has no such issues. This also just happened so not sure if any other enemies act similarly.

Also, I remember having achievement problems with another game and finding an easy fix for it. Unfortunately I have no clue what game it was or what fixed it anymore. :\

nagt
10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Miniversion Larry Jr. has pushed off me in the room centre. Without possibility to get out back: http://i56.tinypic.com/2e1c0w6.png

YESSIRx
10-10-2011, 09:59 AM
There's a minor bug with Fistula that when you've defeated it and all the remaining maggots (or Chargers, to be more precise), the boss music keeps playing until you either pick up the item/upgrade that it dropped, go out of the boss room or move on to the next level.

Necroinaba
10-10-2011, 10:28 AM
In Womb 2, i bombed a door for get out of a room without killing nothing (It was a room with a single door, the one where i entered). Though the game showed the door cracked open, i couldn't go through it until i killed all the monsters first, basically wasting a bomb for nothing.

kire456
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I have Spoon Bender, but after the third boss fight (Peep) the bullets are no longer homing missiles, they work like regular drops. I don't have many other upgrades, just three HP+, some pills and a pretty fly (from a pill). After a few rooms they worked again, though.

kennaynay
10-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I cant seem to get the achievements i gain to register in steam. Also i have killed my mother several times and it doesn't seem to be counting that i did. Help me please

ccingersoll
10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
When using a "Stun" Q item (Mom's Pad/Bra) on the "half-head" monsters (the ones that can only be hurt when they turn their back to you and expose their unprotected brains) sometimes the faces will get 'stuck' in one direction. You can damage them normally from behind even though the head graphic is stuck looking in one direction.

Hope this helps; the description might not make a lot of sense.

~CCI

CodeytheRhino
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Dunno if this qualifies as a bug, but if you make blood pact for your remaining hearts and have 1UP or Guppy, you will still be alive but with 0 hearts. Without the extra lives, it ends with a game over. When I get home I can attach a screenshot of it if need be, I'm at work right now.

Mistress Rarity
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Dunno if this qualifies as a bug, but if you make blood pact for your remaining hearts and have 1UP or Guppy, you will still be alive but with 0 hearts. Without the extra lives, it ends with a game over. When I get home I can attach a screenshot of it if need be, I'm at work right now.
Which is odd because if you take Guppy and it forces you to lose all your hearts, you will instead be revived with 8 lives left.

CodeytheRhino
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Which is odd because if you take Guppy and it forces you to lose all your hearts, you will instead be revived with 8 lives left.

When I had the issue, I actually had the 1UP mushroom and not Guppy. I just assumed it was the same issue, but I forgot that's how Guppy worked.

Grug The Just
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Link to my post on the Doctor's Remote exploit/bug I found. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167035)

Lem_Gambino
10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I just came across an odd bug near the end of my most recent run...Two, actually, but I think the first triggered the second.

First, while I was the worm boss Scolex, the one of the bombs he tossed exploded, but the explosion graphic remained. You could push it around with my bullets, but I didn't bother touching it (I was almost at the end!) and proceeded to the next floor.

Next, the graphics started to appear brighter than normal, the red was brighter and Cain appeared practically white. This carried on through the game, up to the final boss (which I nuked with the Bible), the ending cutscene, and now it's still stuck on super-bright while on the main menu, even.

Here are the screenshots of each bug to give you an idea:
Explosion (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337147/ExplosionLingers.PNG)
Brightness (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337147/SoBright.PNG)

Dedatox
10-11-2011, 02:34 AM
There was bug where I used the game boy first on a boss fight and right after the buff wore off I used the Chariot card and it lengthen the game kid buff.

Dedatox
10-11-2011, 02:35 AM
I had this happen b4 as well

taltamir
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
1. A demon deal making room can appear in womb2 after killing mom's heart.

2. Battery will not display the animation nor do the sound on the third charge after using an item in a room where the item charged up in that room.
So if I enter the room with 4/6, let it charge to 6/6 via battery. Use the item, then charge it to 3/6, it will make the sound/animation on 1/6 and 2/6 but not 3/6. Also, sometimes 6/6 will not do it either (haven't identified a repeatable cause there)

3. When fighting leapers (headless bodies with blood who jump and shoot blood in 4 cirections) with a meat boy, they jumped in the air and his AI broke and he just stood completely immobile until I left the room.
This doesn't always happen, as I have fought leapers before where it didn't. It just happened that time.

4. Weird familiar bug
a. Get sack of money
b&c. get Sister Maggy and Brother bobby, not sure about order but I think bobby was first.
d. Get the relic.
When I picked up the relic maggy turned into a second bobby, firing blue shots, IIRC on her eye of shooting though (each is keyed to one of isaacs eyes). They later turned back to normal (I don't remember if it was when I went to next level, or when I picked up lil CHAD)

kwier
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I just killed Pestilence boss, but the loot has not appeared, the door still was locked and I could still hear Boss fight music.

image (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4449401/tBoI-1.png)

bien42
10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Each time I try and play Isaac, it will run for about 30 seconds, freeze for 10 seconds, rinse, and repeat. After about 2 boss fights it just crashes. It also doesn't like to fully close itself down when I exit using the exit game option in the main menu. It worked fine 2 days ago but now it is being troublesome.

HellFlyer
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Finally made it to the womb and this annoying bug ruined my game completely

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/unlednmp.png/

As you can see the pooping monsters were defeated but one poop appeared outside of the screen hence I cant kill it :(:mad:

megascorcher
10-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Still not getting any achievements.

I have tried:
Verifying integrity of game cache.
Deleting local files and redownloading the game.
Running all the .exe files in the game's steamapps folder.
Deleting my save.
Updating Flash.
Deleting Flash's appdata cache files.
Deleting the game, deleting steam with steamapps backed up, reinstalling Steam fresh then redownloading the game.

I use Windows 7 x64, only account is administrator account, UAC completely disabled, newest version of Flash, more than enough system power, everything that should matter works.

I recently tried downloading and installing steam on a friend's laptop and downloading the game there, I got one mom kill in and I got achievements there. That laptop also ran Windows 7, not sure if it was x64 though. Could it have something to do with 64-bit Flash?

Scurve
10-12-2011, 11:16 PM
[Problem 1]
I got trapped in the arena room in Womb 2, fully decked out and ready to kill Mom's Heart. Very disappointing.

The doors closed, I killed Fistula, then that prancing devil guy, and then the giant maggot (Chubby?) that spawns smaller maggots. Chubby died last (no spawns around when I killed him.) The doors simply won't open.

Extra information: I also had L2 meat cube, steven, chocolate milk, a devil card, the book of revelations, soul hearts off the screen, a 1up, >>>3 flies, loki's horns, vampire healing, the battery, the ladder, compass, mom's shoes, rock, the poop helmet (?), luck foot, roids, and steam sale.

[Problem 2]
When running the game in a window, it stays on top of everything. I have to put it in full-screen, and then put it back to windowed mode. This only works until I close the game and open it again, though sometimes it doesn't happen at all.)

[Specs]
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core
GeForce GT240
6GB RAM
Windows Vista SP2, 64-bit

Number43
10-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Some odd behavior with respawning with a 1-up:

I had a 1-up, an "explosive diarrhea" pill, and one heart remaining. I go into a room and kill all the enemies. There is a chest in the center surrounded by rocks so I need to use a bomb to get it. I use the pill to do so, but one of the bombs pushes another bomb resulting in it killing me and kicking me out of the room. I re-enter the room and not only did the enemies respawn, but there are now two chests instead of one.

robertrence
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
During gameplay, against Mom's Heart, if the user damages Mom's Heart with a poison type weapon, the heart retracts, and the heart takes enough damage to enter phase 2 while the spawned enemies are still alive, the heart will begin tossing it's explosive attacks without re-appearing. The heart at this time will not be able to be damaged until the spawned enemies are defeated.

Additionally, this bug also leads to sounds effects being stacked for when the heart finally does respawn.

robertrence
10-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Some odd behavior with respawning with a 1-up:

I had a 1-up, an "explosive diarrhea" pill, and one heart remaining. I go into a room and kill all the enemies. There is a chest in the center surrounded by rocks so I need to use a bomb to get it. I use the pill to do so, but one of the bombs pushes another bomb resulting in it killing me and kicking me out of the room. I re-enter the room and not only did the enemies respawn, but there are now two chests instead of one.

This also occurs if you kill yourself in a room via the Blood -> Money machine.

Shadowmaster50
10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I've gotten the Wafer three times now, even tho I've beaten Mom's Heart a total of ten times. I also got the Nail twice. This is really irritating when you get a good run but then it turns out it didn't mean a damn thing.

bfx
10-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Glitch/exploit with Transcendence: If you touch a chest in a Sword room and fly immediately towards the closed gate before the chest objects hit the ground, you will pass through. When you return to the sword room, no enemies will spawn.

GDVL
10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
When fighting death, you can manage to push him in the wall if you have a rapid firepower, but then you'll be unable to kill him : He keeps spawning knights but never comes back. (tested bombs on the wall but it did not reach him, it's a shame my teleporter was not charged >.<)

Proof here : http://gdvlsr.free.fr/isaac_bug_death_pushed_in_wall_unbeatable.png

Berk48
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
When fighting death, you can manage to push him in the wall if you have a rapid firepower, but then you'll be unable to kill him : He keeps spawning knights but never comes back. (tested bombs on the wall but it did not reach him, it's a shame my teleporter was not charged >.<)

Proof here : http://gdvlsr.free.fr/isaac_bug_death_pushed_in_wall_unbeatable.png

It's just not death. I used mom's bra on pestilence and my shots pushed him right through the side of the screen, rendering him unkillable.

It is really easy to push enemies with the petrify effect (Mom's bra, mom's contact) right off the screen, making you unable to get out of that room.

CraftingSanity
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I still can't go through doors upon blowing them up. They appear to open, but an invisible wall prevents me from going through. Also, Bibles do nothing (against Mom or other rooms) and achievements don't update.

Number43
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen it posted in this thread, but the consensus elsewhere seems to be that it is impossible to get 100% completion (and the achievement for that) as there are two unknown items that never show up for anyone.

poppy10
10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't know if this is a NEW problem or not, (or if it even is a bug, though it seems like it would be...)

After the patch earlier today I found the "I am error" room for the first time ever!...but...after I finished it, when I got to Womb 2 (I found this room in womb 1, no oddities yet) The game's colors were a LOT brighter for some reason, and this lasted until I exited the game altogether, the brighter colors made some of the main menu text nearly unreadable. It was kinda harmless otherwise.

I thought maybe it had something to do with pressing a certain key on the keyboard by mistake, but this doesn't seem to be the case...

Hurinfan
10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
I was on level 7 or something like that. I had 2 flies and a level 2 meat boy. I got a 3rd fly from the slot machine and my meat boy disappeared.

WarKirby
10-14-2011, 12:39 AM

I get this issue too.

Also my first ever mom kill, with cain, wasn't recorded

Leophard
10-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Since this morning, my game won't even start anymore. It's just stuck on the Loading screen, and it gives no indication of doing anything whatsoever.

For some reason, it always took some time for the game to finish loading. Yet, after five minutes of waiting, I was pretty certain that the game wasn't going to start anymore.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so, I'd like to know how or if you solved it.

Sinister Mr.C.
10-14-2011, 06:22 AM
I think Steam is ♥♥♥♥ed at the moment. Nothing's launching properly.

Leophard
10-14-2011, 07:12 AM
I think Steam is ♥♥♥♥ed at the moment. Nothing's launching properly.

I see. I'll try again later then, to see if The Binding of Isaac will launch properly again. Thanks!

yentass
10-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Here's something I ran into regarding today's patch - apparently one of the updates was a new musical theme for winning Challenge rooms and minibosses that's different from the one you get when winning the level-boss. The "bug" is that when I win a Challenge/mini-boss, BOTH of the victory themes play at the same time.

As a side note and more nitpicking than anything else - when I pick up a wafer, it displays its effect as "DMG resistence", and when I pick up the inverted cross (which is now pitch black with a red trim - or is it a different item entirely?), it displays "Deamon Wings".

Marche100
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I've also been having a problem with The Binding of Isaac starting. It just sits at the loading screen for a few minutes without doing anything, and then it just disappears a little while after, not starting the game. I've been having the problem since last night.

I guess there's little else to do but to wait for it to be fixed.

Agora
10-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Felt I should mention that I did unlock Cain in the end.
Either I never actually did obtain 55 pennies before, or it only accepted it when I actually didn't spend them.

Moniker0
10-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I've also been having a problem with The Binding of Isaac starting. It just sits at the loading screen for a few minutes without doing anything, and then it just disappears a little while after, not starting the game. I've been having the problem since last night.

I guess there's little else to do but to wait for it to be fixed.

Having this issue as well. Before the latest patch, it would load the game's intro audio, but not the game itself. Now it doesn't load anything. I noticed Isaac.exe is no longer in the steam apps folder.

Game hasn't actually started for me since launch day. I'd like to play please! Workarounds welcome!

Vista 32bit

Number43
10-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, you need to have 55 coins in your inventory, not pick them up over the course of a game. Most people end up unlocking him after winning a dollar from a slot machine.

Charey
10-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I was fighting a Mr. Maw in Depths 2 and it tried to send it's head at me but the head then turned into another body?!? after the "head" returned to the body it went back to normal.

Then after killing the body the head dissappeared? it was still there firing at me and I did manage to kill it with homing shots.

On a mac if that matters.

xyroclast
10-14-2011, 11:58 PM
It's greed, which I'm pretty sure is one of the 7 sins.

It is. He often replaces the store. Not a bug. The only confusing thing about it is that the coin stays on the map afterwards, and it's not a big deal.

WarKirby
10-15-2011, 01:35 AM
When you activate The Nail, your horns don't show if you also have the item "Technology"

This seems like an oddity because the nail overrides the visual component of most other items

Leophard
10-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I see. I'll try again later then, to see if The Binding of Isaac will launch properly again. Thanks!

It's been a day, and The Binding of Isaac still won't start. I'm going to try and re-install it, to see if it'll work again.

The odd thing though is that my brother's version works perfectly. Is it possibly related to the fact that I bought the version with the Soundtrack? It's a long shot, but it's the only lead I have right now.

Any advice or work-arounds are welcome!

anasto
10-15-2011, 03:58 AM
It's been a day, and The Binding of Isaac still won't start. I'm going to try and re-install it, to see if it'll work again.

The odd thing though is that my brother's version works perfectly. Is it possibly related to the fact that I bought the version with the Soundtrack? It's a long shot, but it's the only lead I have right now.

Any advice or work-arounds are welcome!

I bought the game and the soundtrack and my game works perfectly.. aside from the bugs which are yet to be fixed.

dalzet
10-15-2011, 07:17 AM
in a room with 2 mr.maw, they walked through each other and switched bodyparts. so there was a head shooting out another head and a body shooting out another body lol

Tokidoki Kirby
10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
does windowed mode not work for anyone else?
NEVEMIND, when i started up it worked AND the achievements i didn't have before unlocked

Lem_Gambino
10-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Argh, this is starting to frustrate me...Sometimes, when I switch from Issac to another window, the game closes on me. Why does this keep happening?

matz41
10-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I have beaten Mom's Heart 19 times now, but haven't encountered Loki in the Depths yet, preventing me from getting the "Lokis Horns" achievement.

However, I have found once in my playthroughs the Loki's Horns item, but I haven't unlocked the ingame achievement either.

This may be related to the last update.

loli_slayer
10-15-2011, 08:40 PM
This happened
http://i.imgur.com/JqEDN.jpg
When I activated The Book of Belial.

Pesticide13
10-16-2011, 12:34 AM
since the update, i can't play. the game will say it's loading for 3 or 4 minutes, then just disappear. no matter how many times i try, it doesn't work

Mobyduck
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
[Problem concerning Lil' Steve and The Cross]

I don't know if it is a bug or an expected behavior, but after acquiring The Cross, Lil' Steve became Brother Bobby in the room I was (instead of being black and shooting magical tears, it became grey and started to shoot standart tears). After leaving the room he became Lil' Steve again.

bakasama
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM

I don't know if it is a bug or an expected behavior, but after acquiring The Cross, Lil' Steve became Brother Bobby in the room I was (instead of being black and shooting magical tears, it became grey and started to shoot standart tears). After leaving the room he became Lil' Steve again.

this just happened to me, except i picked up a bag of pennies.:(

Xalfyre
10-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm quoting a few of glitches that I have also come across because there have been updates since these comments were originally posted.

I entered a fight with War and chucked Bob's Rotten Head at him; he lost a lot of health and got poisoned. When he flew off the screen however, the poison drained his health to the point where he lost his body and he was unable to fly back to the arena.

Annoyingly, I had a terrific run up to this point and was unable to continue because War was stuck off-screen. :(

Anyone else encountered this or know if it will be fixed somehow? :)

The only difference for me was that I had poison shots as opposed to Bob's Rotten Head.

When fighting the Mr. Maw (http://bindingofisaac.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Maw) creatures, on several occasions rather than extending a head towards me, it would send a second body at me. Unfortunately I could not screenshot it, but yeah, just pointing it out.

There's a minor bug with Fistula that when you've defeated it and all the remaining maggots (or Chargers, to be more precise), the boss music keeps playing until you either pick up the item/upgrade that it dropped, go out of the boss room or move on to the next level.

I've had this happen with several different bosses.

Another minor issue (it doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd mention it) is that every time I open the game it defaults to windowed even though I always put it in full screen, and I think it only started happening after one of the updates.

Warchon
10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I have encountered: Random unexpected close, but only during the opening story.
Battle not ending upon defeating a Horseman. (The green one, Pestilence I believe)
The giant worm boss rushing at me, hitting a door instead and getting stuck there in "Charge" mode. (Still vulnerable to hits and the battle ended properly when he died.
Bible not doing anything at all, providing neither angel wings nor a dead mother.
...also, kudos for making a game that made me put "The Bible did not kill my mother" in a bug report.

Wrendroc
10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Finished The game for the 7th Time and there was a demon door on the final boss I figured I would check it out as soon as I entered I received "the wafer" achievement. odd. The next 3 times finishing the game and all I have received from the chest is "the wafer" despite changing characters am I now forever in this loop of only a 7th playthrough?

Inzoum
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Happened to me with a bag of pennies, then also with little chubby. picking up any follower after obtaining little steve does this.

can't have more than 2 followers, sister, brother, steve for eg. the last one you picked up won't appear. since its unlikely you will get them all why is this the case?

Oh, and I managed to get a crapton of followers on my last playthrough, but some of them wouldn't appear:

- Lil' Steve
- Meat (level 2)
- 2 Pretty Flies
- Little C.H.A.D.
- Bag of Pennies
- Sister Maggy (didn't appear)
- Brother Bobby (didn't appear)

pash1k
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
***On the map, where a shop was supposed to spawn(a oversized brown coin over-covering the square), a mini-boss character spawned instead but the shop icon is still there on the map. UPDATED: Happened twice now.

This has happened to me.

Windows 7 HE
Phenom II x4 955
MSi 5770

hasu
10-18-2011, 11:37 PM
On the map, where a shop was supposed to spawn(a oversized brown coin over-covering the square), a mini-boss character spawned instead but the shop icon is still there on the map. UPDATED: Happened twice now.

This has happened to me.

Windows 7 HE
Phenom II x4 955
MSi 5770

Me three.

Windows 7 HE
Core i5
4GB RAM

Pit-O-Matic
10-19-2011, 03:41 AM

This has happened to me.

Windows 7 HE
Phenom II x4 955
MSi 5770

Me three.

Windows 7 HE
Core i5
4GB RAM

That's supposed to happen, this is Greed, one of the 7 Sins.
He spawns sometimes in the shops or in secret rooms and he looks like the hanged shopkeeper ;)

hasu
10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
That's supposed to happen, this is Greed, one of the 7 Sins.
He spawns sometimes in the shops or in secret rooms and he looks like the hanged shopkeeper ;)

Ahh, should have know. Makes sense :)

GjRud
10-20-2011, 09:06 AM
My frame rate sometimes drop very low for few seconds (5~15 seconds).
My specs are:
Intel Core 2 duo CPU T6600 2.20 GHz;
RAM 4 GB;
geforce GT240M;
Windows 7 home edition 64 bit.

Is there any fix for my Issue? I have them at every graphic level in both windows mode and full-screen.

Number43
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I've also had a problem with the cube of meat disappearing after getting 3 pretty flies.

My frame rate sometimes drop very low for few seconds (5~15 seconds).
My specs are:
Intel Core 2 duo CPU T6600 2.20 GHz;
RAM 4 GB;
geforce GT240M;
Windows 7 home edition 64 bit.

Is there any fix for my Issue? I have them at every graphic level in both windows mode and full-screen.

Since it is flash, it is highly dependant on the CPU, and that is a lower-middle range CPU from 2007. That's why the system requirements recommend a 2.5 GHz processor (though GHz isn't the sole determinant of CPU power, as the architecture matters, but yours is again lower-middle range in that respect.)

In addition, though it is a recent model, that graphics card is rather low end, being as it is designed for notebooks.

GjRud
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I've also had a problem with the cube of meat disappearing after getting 3 pretty flies.

Since it is flash, it is highly dependant on the CPU, and that is a lower-middle range CPU from 2007. That's why the system requirements recommend a 2.5 GHz processor (though GHz isn't the sole determinant of CPU power, as the architecture matters, but yours is again lower-middle range in that respect.)

In addition, though it is a recent model, that graphics card is rather low end, being as it is designed for notebooks.

About the CPU: the system requirements says that I need 2.5 GHz (1 core), doesn't the fact that I have 2 cores count?
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2563&game=The%20Binding%20of%20Isaac In this link it uses a Pentium 4 2.53GHz as an example for a CPU that you can use, My understanding of computer architecture is not so high, but I thought my CPU was better than a Pentium 4.

edit: so, for example, am I inside the minimum requirements for skyrim and not for The Binding of Isaac?

Number43
10-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I presume he must have a reason for focusing on the clock speed in the system requirements.

Again, the example PC meets the recommended requirements as it is over 2.5 GHz, while yours does not. Also doubling the cores does not double the power for most applications. Flash in particular gets very little use out of multiple cores. At best the second core runs other stuff in the background and your operating system while the other one runs the game.

GjRud
10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I presume he must have a reason for focusing on the clock speed in the system requirements.

Again, the example PC meets the recommended requirements as it is over 2.5 GHz, while yours does not. Also doubling the cores does not double the power for most applications. Flash in particular gets very little use out of multiple cores. At best the second core runs other stuff in the background and your operating system while the other one runs the game.

So I assume I have an issue because whoever made this game made a bad choice on the language he made the game, for the fact that he choose one that can't handle more than 1 core or, if it can handle them, he doesn't programmed a support for them, Yeah. as a programmer, and a big fan of java, I have to admit that even c# and XNA would have been a better language, for the fact that it easy to learn, very simple and almost everything is already done. do you want MAC to play it? c++ is the way.

Your argument about the CPU doesn't make much sense, Oblivion has a 3 GHz intel pentium 4 has recommended system requirement but any intel core 2 duo can run it without any problem. The issue is not in my PC in my opinion, I'm sorry.

edit: also the slow down doesn't make any sense: in a room with six enemies I have no frame issues but after I killed five of them and there are no more particles in the screen the frame rate start to drop.

Number43
10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Though a lot of people don't like Flash for various reasons, that is what they chose to make this game in, for better or for worse. And the way flash works is it is very dependant on the processor, and your PC does not meet the publicly stated minimum requirements.

Also, despite your claims that you think it's not, the problem must be with your PC as most people don't have the same problem as you.

GjRud
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Though a lot of people don't like Flash for various reasons, that is what they chose to make this game in, for better or for worse. And the way flash works is it is very dependant on the processor, and your PC does not meet the publicly stated minimum requirements.

Also, despite your claims that you think it's not, the problem must be with your PC as most people don't have the same problem as you.

the problem in my PC is that the game doesn't use 100% of its resources, doesn't matter if is flash or the code itself that can't handle the multiple core.

edit: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25422453&postcount=24 is he out the system requirements?

Number43
10-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Very few programs make full use of multiple cores. In any case that situation isn't going to be improved with a patch.

That link you gave clearly has some other sort of problem going on as he can't run it at all.

Only other thing giving your description of it being intermittent seemingly at random times, is maybe some other program running in the background on your computer has periodic bursts of activity.

Confuzz
10-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey there. I've had an interesting issue surface in my last playthrough. I've beaten Mom four times now, and my in-game progress and achievement list reflects this. However, my Steam achievements appear to be out of synch. According to my Steam achievements, I have only beaten Mom twice.

This issue came up between beating Mom for the second and third time, and defeating her again seems to have no real effect on this status. Is there any way I can get my Steam achievements without wiping all of my BoI progress?

EDIT: Every now and then, I will also lose track of some of the items I have collected. Not a major issue, just something to take note of?

GjRud
10-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Very few programs make full use of multiple cores. In any case that situation isn't going to be improved with a patch.

That link you gave clearly has some other sort of problem going on as he can't run it at all.

Only other thing giving your description of it being intermittent seemingly at random times, is maybe some other program running in the background on your computer has periodic bursts of activity.

sorry if I have been rude, the problem fixed itself when I muted the game, I have to play without audio =(.

thanks for your help.

Lem_Gambino
10-22-2011, 04:28 PM
I found a couple more bugs, but I'm not sure if they were reported already.

-When fighting Mom's Heart, when you get her to the phase where she tosses bombs at you, her "ISSAC!" voice glitches and repeats itself several times before it stops.
-If you have Lil' Steven, and pick up a 1up in a hidden room, Steven gets replaced with Brother Bobby, but he went back to normal when I left the secret room.

Annnnnd now the game just closed on me when I was typing this. >_< (siiiiiigh)

T3pidMilk
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I've killed Mom numerous times yet it still says I have no kills.

Alphasoldier
10-23-2011, 02:18 PM
This game has quit on me SEVERAL times while it was not focused on. Which bothered me like heck seeing I've had one lucky run where I got all of my last remaining few items and as I was actually crossing them off my list, the game crashed or rather disappeared, leaving me to do it again over several runs. The crossing off took around 5 seconds, it crashed -that- quickly after losing focus. Although I believe I also responded to someone on steam. My name turned blue after the third message, so I guess 10 seconds.

I also once had the luck to get in the devil room I think 4 or 5 times while all these times holding a D6, and using it... the last time, amusingly after defeating the heart, I used it in there again and the game froze. Seems like it does this after you use the D6 too much?

This and I seriously don't get how the switching in hearts work when you have soul hearts as well. This one time I was left without -any- hearts.

Also the Devil room sometimes closing upon leaving and other times not closing, not to mention Mother's room, which doors always disappear as well and other times do not.

Finally I lose my meat cube virtually when I get 3 pretty flies. This isn't an issue seeing I'd still get the small meat boy on the third meat cube, but I have no use for the second one, seeing that'd normally give a little floating meat head that shoots instead of a not-so-useful fly.
Before the latest patch however the fly and meat cube co-existed in the same spot, which I preferred.

Mind you, all these things are probably mentioned before.

tl;dr version:
Out of focus crashes game without error.
Using D6 too much in devil room freezes game.
Doors at mom and devil room randomly not (dis)appearing.
Disappearing soul hearts at devil room purchase.
3 pretty flies means no visual cube/head of meat.

P.S: I used to have problems with achievements, then at the so manieth boot I gained everything I didn't have before.

Lem_Gambino
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
The glitches keep coming in for me!

I used Mom's Bra on Monstro II to freeze him, but when he unfroze, he got stuck on some rocks and kept doing his high jump attack. Had to use a bomb to get him out. Also, remember that brightness glitch I had with Scolex? It happened here too, right after Monstro II. It reverted back to normal once I cleared the floor.

oldbushie
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
If I click on the Show Desktop button in Windows 7, the game exits without any messages shown.

CtrlAltDestroy
10-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Two issues I noticed.

If you have the treasure map or an item that reveals the entire map, the unrevealed sections of the map will flicker off and on again during screen transitions.

If you are in a room with two or more mini bosses (Especially those in Womb), if you kill a mini boss, the health meter displayed for the next boss you hit will be inaccurate.

LucianDK
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Could we please have another key than F to enable full screen/windowed mode? I find myself accidentally hitting it an awful lot.

Number43
10-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Minor graphical glitch: If you get both a 1-up and Guppy, it tries to show "x10" next to your life, but it appears it isn't allowed to display that in enough space so half of the "0" is cut off.

FailTuna
10-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Hmm, glitch that happened while I played as Magdalene. I had Technology and The Gamekid. I saved up the Gamekid for the boss, so I enter the boss room, use Gamekid. When it ran out, my head was to the side and shot in the opposite direction of what I pressed. These two occasions happened in the same run, one on Monstro, the other on War.

Monstro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=choqMlZYR4Y
War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkUycFL0paM

MustachedPagoda
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Over the last few weeks, the game has refused to open at. It stays on the opening loading screen for a few minutes, and then disappears. It was running fine before the last patch, which I think may have caused the problems. Has anyone else had this problem?

MithranArkanere
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
It sometimes randomly crashes and freezes when entering Shop rooms when I've used the D6 anywhere before.

That's rather annoying.

Hey, if you ever recode the game like they did with VVVVVV, I'll be really happy, even if I have to pay for the game again.
I can't say I'm a fan of damn Flash.

Number43
10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
minor gripe: when fighting Mom's Heart if you have homing shots (spoon bender or magician tarot), when the heart retreats into the ceiling your shots will still try to home in on it in the center of the room instead of on the summons you need to beat to get the boss to re-appear.

CtrlAltDestroy
10-27-2011, 12:24 AM
If you have 2 Pretty Flies and 1 Cube of Meat, getting a 3rd Pretty Fly will cause the cube of meat to disappear. If you upgarde it again, though, the walking meat-boy familiar will appear when you change rooms.

TemeP_axs
10-27-2011, 07:26 AM
If you play as "Judas" and use "Health Down" pill, life don't displayed.
Later i use second "Health Down" pill, nothing happend. But, after using "Health Up" pill, no heartz dispayed.
New Game: HP = 1
First "Health Down": HP = 0,
Second "Health Down": HP = -1
and "Health Up": HP = 0. It's bug?

Lem_Gambino
10-27-2011, 12:42 PM
minor gripe: when fighting Mom's Heart if you have homing shots (spoon bender or magician tarot), when the heart retreats into the ceiling your shots will still try to home in on it in the center of the room instead of on the summons you need to beat to get the boss to re-appear.
That tends to happen with any enemy that disappears like that. The shots eventually vanish, but I've never had a problem with enemies while fighting with homing shots. It would be nice to see it fixed, though.

harlequ1n
10-28-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm on Mac. Have re-installed the game more than 10 times already and not only I don't have any achievements but the total play time is always set to 2 minutes.

Number43
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Also, I've found I agree that boss health bars often don't work right when there are multiple bosses in the same room.

frost b1te
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Pestilence can easily get pushed out of the room by bombs/knockback.

Roach360
10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
These are minor glitches but I've noticed them CONSISTENTLY.

-When in the secret room, Robo-Baby Turns into Brother Bobby.

-The enemies with extending necks often turn invisible or have two sets of legs and no head.

-Leeches have a tendency to charge completely off the map.

-If your speed is above 4 bars, you can get stuck in the wall to the secret room by running into it.

More to come, i'm sure. I just wish my achieves would pop.

Edit: -Using full room damage tarots or items will cause envy or Fistula to get stuck behind rocks in the corner of the room.

CtrlAltDestroy
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
If you escape the gauntlet room after the battles have begun (Say, by flying over the bars), the gauntlet battle music doesn't stop playing until it hits its looping point.

A weird one: I killed Fistula, but it was one of those special off-colored types, and the smallest eggs hatched into bomb flies. The battle ended with a chain-reaction of a bunch of bomb-flies blowing each other up. The boss battle music didn't stop playing with the battle was over.

HypnoFun
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
This one bug has its own topic now as it seems to be the worst bug, and I posted there, but I want to make sure that this bug isn't lampshaded, forgotten about, etc., thus I'll post here, as well.

If the game loses focus for about half a minute to a minute, it silently crashes (basically, disappears from the task bar and task manager without a sound or message of any kind).

Has happened 4 times to me in total. 3 times in one night, and once more the next day.
It's the only real bug I've come across. Looks like it's been happening for a while, given the forum post history. Please fix it!

prouler
10-28-2011, 11:56 PM
in the fight with war, if you poison him before he jumps up to drop his bombs, he can go into his second form off screen and you get left stuck in the room forever. this is extremely frustrating when you have a near perfect items and have to kill yourself that far into the game....:(

Irvine5000
10-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately, I spotted this thread after making a new one about the game crashing often..

Good Morning.

Perhaps someone can help me out with this problem. While playing the game will crash pretty much every or every other game. The error is as follows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Isaac.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4da19492
Fault Module Name: StackHash_de48
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 077a9664
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: de48
Additional Information 2: de4896b1fd9280ac65995e9a46f9b1cc
Additional Information 3: 485e
Additional Information 4: 485e86cc5a1e0331e8e523c0216536d4

My setup is
Win 7 64-Bit
8GB DDR3
I7-2600k
4870 1GB

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Delvin
10-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Died with a 1up shroom when fighting against Scolex in Womb 1. Coincidentally the boss died at the same time because I had virus (unknown if this is what triggered the issue). The 1up never activated and I got stuck in the following screen:

http://i.imgur.com/Jnnpw.png

Eek!
10-29-2011, 10:53 AM
I had something similar. Same boss, too; I died having the 1UP item and the animation for it started, but I was just stuck (or vanished, I can't remember offhand) mid-way through. Made me not want to pick it up again.

War Monkey782
10-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't know if it has been posted yet, but an interesting bug happened when I was playing.
I made a few deals with the devil in order to get the nail and a few other decent items. My health went to 0, but I was still alive. I think that part was intended though. Anyway, the real bug was when I made it through a few more levels and still had no health, but a lot of soul hearts. The actual bug happened when I used the Strength card. It didn't increase my max health to 1. That could be a glitch in its own, but the major problem was that I found a health pickup after beating the boss with the Strength card active. My health went up to one. But then when I exited the boss room, it went back down to 0. Managed to survive by buying Guppy and using the nail+battery though.
Long story short:
Can survive deals with the devil if it will put you at 0 health. (Possibly intended)
Strength card has no effect on health while at 0 health due to above.
Strength card will decrease max health back to 0 if you pick up a health increaser while it is active and leave the room.

WMSchoenhofer
10-29-2011, 11:10 AM
using moms bra on fistula caused two of the bosses parts to go to an unreachable part of the room.

http://i40.tinypic.com/fmfxc.png

Alfabetica
10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
If you already have three 'familiar' type items floating around you in a circle, getting a fourth will replace one of these three.

I had two pretty flies and a (stage 2) cube of meat floating around me, receiving another pretty fly replaced the cube of meat with a pretty fly.

Roach360
10-31-2011, 04:35 PM
If you already have three 'familiar' type items floating around you in a circle, getting a fourth will replace one of these three.

I had two pretty flies and a (stage 2) cube of meat floating around me, receiving another pretty fly replaced the cube of meat with a pretty fly.

That's not a glitch, you can only have 3 projectile blockers, and 3 familiars.

If you were to get another cube of meat, the meatboy would upgrade and you would get him back in addition to the 3 flies.

Sicminded
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
using moms bra on fistula caused two of the bosses parts to go to an unreachable part of the room.

http://i40.tinypic.com/fmfxc.png

Related, using a bomb on fistula while the bra is activated sometimes teleports the bomb to one of those corners. When it explodes, the game crashes.

Nintendofreak
10-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Pausing the game when taking the treasure/item in the middle of a challenge room will result in all enemies spawning at once. Don't get rid of this. It's fun to have a challenge. :)