PDA

View Full Version : Hardware question.

marshmallows_hi
09-29-2011, 05:02 AM
I have a mac....sadly. And I have recently bought the Mac version of portal 2. Just to create my own chambers. Ii have it for xbox, but I just got bored with it after nine or ten complete play throughs. So I installed the game and when I tried to hit play game, it gave me an error message that my video card was not good enough. Before I start saving up my money for a new computer (I hate my Mac) or I return portal 2, I was wondering if there was a way to "trick" the game into thinking my video card is better.I know it would run as well, but it can't be that bad, right?

Anyway, that is just a theory and please don't yell at me for being dumb with computers. And also I apologize for misspellings, I am doing this on my iPad. (goes to show that I hate my Mac...)

sporeguy
09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2098046&highlight=Graphics+failure

Thats MY computer, look at at the pictures, portal 2 ran, but you can see, not so well. I did fix it. The fix requires a decent cpu though. I dont think it runs on mac, but download the files and put them near your p2.exe, see what happens

Also, tell us your specs

Fredvdp
09-29-2011, 09:57 AM
If you have the wrong shader model then there would be a reason for the game to not boot at all, but since you failed to mention your specs, all we can do is guess.

Anzio
09-29-2011, 10:28 AM
No specs = no help. Since you seem so disgusted by your computer, I'm guessing you have an older MacBook with an integrated GPU. If that's the case, Source games will not run on it due to it's age (your computers, that is).

marshmallows_hi
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
No specs = no help. Since you seem so disgusted by your computer, I'm guessing you have an older MacBook with an integrated GPU. If that's the case, Source games will not run on it due to it's age (your computers, that is).

Yeah I got it years ago, I'm looking into a new computer anyway. I was at best buy for an hour today