PDA

View Full Version : The 'what items did you have when you beat it' thread

careface312
09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I had

7 hearts
My little unicorn
PHD (and had alot of pills, maxxed out speed and damage easily)
Moms underwear
Chocolate milk
The compass
Spoon bender
Max's head
Battery

Also used alot of tower cards.

I felt pretty overpowered :D

ASecondOpinion
09-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Implying I've actually managed to beat the game.

I feel like I suck, big time :(

Hammerfan
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I dont really remember what I had when I beat it the first time, but I remember what I had when I beat it with Judas.

The two really inportant items were:

The batery
The Book of Revelations (Gives you one Soul Heart every time its used)

Its ridiculous, I probably had like 30 or so soul hearts when I defeated the final boss. And to top it, off I noly had 2 regular hearts.

Planeforger
09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
I almost got to the end with the spoon, inner eye, needle, monstro's...tooth? coathanger, heels, and possibly vampirism.

Going at max speed with three full-range projectiles made things a hell of a lot easier.

stw223
09-29-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't remember everything I had, but the things that seemed to help the most was the "Piercing" tears.

I picked it up at a store pretty early on.

Basically it lets your tears pass through, and damage, any enemies in its path.

It seemed to be especially effective against MOM, as my tears weren't blocked by all the mobs that spawned around her and I was continually hitting her.

I'm pretty sure I also had

Deck of Cards
PHD
Moms underwear
Vampire gift (I think that's what its called. It, seemingly randomly, gave me health after I killed some enemies. This saved my butt a couple of times)

Other than that I'm not sure.

Sverd
09-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Triple shot and chocolate milk. :3

Now i'm getting ♥♥♥♥ty items ALL THE ♥♥♥♥ING TIME.

Ultralisk
09-29-2011, 09:33 AM
How do you know the exact name of the items you got when you died? I pass my mouse on the items and I don'T see the name. Did you learn them?

LaP0573
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Couldn't tell exactly what items I got, but the first time, I beat it with Cain => I had a poor 2 hearts, and I fought ♥♥♥♥ing hard, and I did it. I guess I had all the rate of fire power up, range, speed, but my tears strenght sucked. I had Little Maggy to help, as well as the turd on the head for the flies.
As for my spacebar item, I think I had the sort of poisoning bomb. I also had X Ray vision, that proved to be useless of course, and the vampire thing to leech life every XX attacks.

Second time on Isaac, got a mushroom right at the start, full tears power, full speed, full range, lame rate of fire (I only had 1...). I had brother don't-remember-his-name, upgraded tears, 8 hearts and 3 soul hearts, so it was pretty easy. Unfortunately, got beat up pretty hard in the Womb 1, since I didn't find any hearts, got the boss while I only had half a heart during the whole fight, and stupidly suicided taking one of the two devil gifts at the end... Thought it would decrease my max number of hearts, not take one as well...

Tinsel
09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Was having an amazing run with magic mushroom floor 1, then 8 hearts (but no devil doors blah), and 2 speed ups (speed was max). Then came my least favorite room, the headshielders and the figure 8x2 passage. Lost too much there and died next room =(

Teronfel
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
How do i know what items i have? I go to the items menu but it doesn't tell me and i don't understand from the little icons.

careface312
09-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Check the wiki.

Also I've had 20 attempts now, getting pretty familiar with the items.

ibward
09-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I can't remember what all the items were but I present to you the dread and unstoppable cyberdemon Isaac:

http://i.imgur.com/GJ9F0.png

Aitkenj
09-29-2011, 10:33 AM
A good one is the wreath of thorns, wire hanger and the sad onion. I ruined that game taking the dead cat. :(

MrAnarchy
09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Although I just beat mom for the first time, I don't know exactly what I found.

I played with Maggy, had 5 hearts (Pact for more damage), many +tears and +damage, mom's heels and as item the heart from maggy.

Cr@zy
10-01-2011, 02:39 AM
um the big shroom, onion, halo of flies, lil steven, <3 and meat1 from chests, bought the battery, rest was upgrades in stats & hearts
also the horn but i didn't even have to use it in the final battle :p

http://i52.tinypic.com/10emyrd.jpg