PDA

View Full Version : Worth it? (Daily Deal)

Davido
09-29-2011, 11:27 AM
as title

eXoSolid
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
when it first came out, it was a awesome game, it probably still is, but i wonder if its patched to play on today's systems

ChocoBalls
09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
According to the Steam page, the game only runs at 800x600 res. I wonder why they even bothered to put it up as a Daily Deal.

A game this old should honestly be at that price point all the time. $10 average price? Wow.

Eonel
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
one of the game that shouldn't be in a daily deal, so don't buy it

Davido
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
one of the game that shouldn't be in a daily deal, so don't buy it

Would you like to explain why please? :)

JohnnyFronthole
09-29-2011, 11:50 AM
If you're interested in this, check out S.P.A.Z. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/?snr=1_5_9__13) instead. It's $15 now, but goes on sale regularly, and is even a solid buy at $15. Came out this year and is designed by a two-man indie team to fill the gap left when these kinds of games disappeared.

And it has a demo to try.

Angus Kart
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
If you're interested in this, check out S.P.A.Z. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/?snr=1_5_9__13) instead. It's $15 now, but goes on sale regularly, and is even a solid buy at $15. Came out this year and is designed by a two-man indie team to fill the gap left when these kinds of games disappeared.

And it has a demo to try.

While I agree SPAZ is a great game and I bought it in beta, it has not ONCE been on sale on Steam. How can you possibly claim it goes on sale regularly?

Phoenix210
09-29-2011, 12:05 PM
While I agree SPAZ is a great game and I bought it in beta, it has not ONCE been on sale on Steam. How can you possibly claim it goes on sale regularly?

Wasn't it a daily deal one or two weeks ago?

BaconZombies
09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Wasn't it a daily deal one or two weeks ago?

It was just released a few weeks ago. I think they might have had 10% off for the pre-order, but it's never been a Daily Deal.

The above poster is right though, SPAZ is awesome. Buy it.

JohnnyFronthole
09-29-2011, 12:17 PM

I swear I've seen it on sale twice, guess I was wrong. Probably wasn't paying close attention since I bought it at release. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

Davido
09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Downloading the demo now. :)

But would still like more opinions on Starscape.

Geowil
09-29-2011, 12:35 PM
when it first came out, it was a awesome game, it probably still is, but i wonder if its patched to play on today's systems

It works fine. At least the Direct2Drive version does.

@Davido

I have had this game for a while now and it is pretty good. Some things to take notice of though:

No mouse controls, everything is done on the keyboard. Not sure if there is controller support. It is very low tech but then again a lot of indy's are so no issue there.

The game mechanics are pretty solid but I have not played it from the beginning in such a long time so I forget what the story is originally about, however you do get to build your own ships and research new parts for bot the station, I guess I will call it, and for using on ships.

For 5 bucks it is a good buy, even if you end up not liking it.

Aitkenj
09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I swear I've seen it on sale twice, guess I was wrong. Probably wasn't paying close attention since I bought it at release. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

It hasn't on steam yet as said, as it hasn't long been out. It has been available else where for a while though so maby you saw it on sale somewhere else.

NC37
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
800x600 while small...is the same resolution you are limited to in Plants vs Zombies but people still love it. Small resolutions do not make a bad game...but I sure as heck would rather play something bigger. I'm waiting for sub $2 deal before I consider this.

PolarisOrbit
09-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Starscape is better than Mr. Robot.

It's kind of like Asteroids with an RPG element as you build your ship(s). There is an economic aspect to the game as you balance mining asteroids with fighting enemy ships and bases (you have to pay for repairs).

Compared to SPAZ, this is more arcade-y. As it's almost 10 years older, it's also a lot less refined. I would say the ship design aspect is actually more interesting in Starscape, but basically everything else is better done in SPAZ.

Exciter_LT
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
I highly recommend this game to every space, arcade or rpg lover.
It's about mining asteroids for minerals, then researching new tech. and upgrading your ship. Also fighting enemies. It has good story too. Very addictive. Try it!

Fear Itself
09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Davido, rep+.