PDA

View Full Version : So...Twisted Metal for PC?

Destroya
09-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Is that what this is?

revel911
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Pretty much!

ParadoxSalem
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Is that what this is?

Closer to Carmageddon. There's not really much in the way of traditional guns.

Smotter
09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
But this game races? By race I mean in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place? Twisted Metal doesn't race, they just roaming around and killing others.

So this game PAM races or just roaming around like Twisted Metal?

dimi_gr
09-29-2011, 01:13 PM
point system. 500 points for completing a lap, 900 for killing an enemy

Cantatus
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
point system. 500 points for completing a lap, 900 for killing an enemy

Which means most of the time you're going to win based on getting more kills than running laps.

JeffM4
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
However, you can customize a game that sets laps as a winning condition instead of kills. To do this select Multiplayer, Unranked Game, Create Match then select from Time, Lap or Kills.

Cantatus
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Cool, wasn't aware of that as I've never actually started my own multiplayer game. I'll have to give it a try.

BlackOps101
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
To compare this to Twisted Metal is close but far off... The gameplay is way too slow, you float in the air like there's low gravity and the weapons get old quick. Thanks for the free weekend, after 20 minutes playing that's all I needed! :D

Ralp
09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
This game is better compared to Rock n Roll Racing from snes, except that you can win by killing your rivals rather than actually racing.

Honestly, its nonsense a game focused on car battling without proper car arenas like on twisted metal, but with regular race tracks instead. Maybe if there were arenas for kill matches and race tracks ONLY on lap ones, I would spend some more hours on the free weekend. Who knows even buying it.

axp127
09-29-2011, 06:37 PM
This game blows... keyboard controls pretty much suck. game timer is crap. like a racing version of twisted metal. kinda lame. glad its free. didnt cost me anything to download this and now delete it. only waste was like 15 mins time to figure out how bad this game really is.

ParadoxSalem
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
keyboard controls pretty much suck

Well..it IS a racing game.

Give up the hate and learn to love the gamepad.

Cantatus
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
However, you can customize a game that sets laps as a winning condition instead of kills. To do this select Multiplayer, Unranked Game, Create Match then select from Time, Lap or Kills.

Ah, guess the reason I never noticed this was that they were unranked, which means they don't count for most achievements. Is it possible to have ranked versions of these? Kills, especially, would be awesome.

ParadoxSalem
09-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Ah, guess the reason I never noticed this was that they were unranked, which means they don't count for most achievements. Is it possible to have ranked versions of these? Kills, especially, would be awesome.

I got achievements playing offline with bots.

Cantatus
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I got achievements playing offline with bots.

If you look at the achievement descriptions, there are a lot that are awarded for playing in single player (pretty much any of the ones that say "easy/medium/hard mode"), and then the rest are for ranked multiplayer.

ParadoxSalem
09-30-2011, 04:08 PM
If you look at the achievement descriptions, there are a lot that are awarded for playing in single player (pretty much any of the ones that say "easy/medium/hard mode"), and then the rest are for ranked multiplayer.

Ahh.. I stand corrected, sir.

snapcase
10-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Twisted Metal was more fun. The first few in that series kept me playing for hours and hours. Gameplay is limited, levels are few, it gets stale fast. That and it's a horrible port.

ParadoxSalem
10-01-2011, 02:55 AM
That and it's a horrible port.

Twisted Metal was a horrible port, or this is a horrible port?

This isn't a port.

Finaldeath
10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Looking at the pictures it looks like Twisted Metal but it isn't. It is more like Motorstorm meets Mario Kart.

I was kind of disapointed because i thought this was just like Twised Metal. The game isn't bad though, but it is obviously a console port. (the help menu shows xbox controls)

ParadoxSalem
10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Looking at the pictures it looks like Twisted Metal but it isn't. It is more like Motorstorm meets Mario Kart.

I was kind of disapointed because i thought this was just like Twised Metal. The game isn't bad though, but it is obviously a console port. (the help menu shows xbox controls)

Final, please read the whole thread.

This isn't a console port.

It's not even available on a console. And the "XBox controls" are sort of the official PC Gamepad controls as well.

ParadoxSalem
10-02-2011, 02:01 AM
As Finaldeath said it's basically motorstorm meets mario kart, and don't let the metacritic score put you off, it's a very fun game, just don't expect a big budget AAA title.

Cheap, fun, good graphics and online multiplayer. What more could you ask for?

A higher gravity level for whatever planet we're racing on ;-p

DrPhilosoraptor
10-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Steam really needs a Twisted Metal-type game of its own. You know a game with all fighting and no racing? PAM should focus on emulating Motor Kombat Armageddon's "Motor Kombat", though, if they want to get more customers. I really do hope more people buy PAM, though, because I really do need more people to play with in multiplayer.

peperspepirsonp
10-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Just remake the damn Vigilante 8 or make a clone with all it's features, i spend all my free time as a kid playing that game, until my ps1 laser stopped reading the disk that is.

wits
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
This game was definitely made with a controller in mind, not that isn't a bad thing. It's just really hard to make turns with out almost flipping yourself using a keyboard. If it wasn't for that I would totally buy it, but I don't see myself buying a gamepad within the next 3 months.

snapcase
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that they must have planned to release this as a console game, had some funding problems and switched gears and decided to make it a PC game. Even if it's not actually available on console, it has every sign of a game made for consoles with PC being an afterthought. Either that or the developers really have no clue what they're doing.

Doob
10-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Pretty much!

Not even close!

This game is nothing like twisted metal other than having car combat.

Twisted Metal was more fun. The first few in that series kept me playing for hours and hours. Gameplay is limited, levels are few, it gets stale fast. That and it's a horrible port.

Not the greatest game but some of you noobs need to stop saying "horrible port". Game plays fine. There are no "horrible port" symptoms at all. It's like any game that isn't PC exclusive has some idiot that starts talking about it being a port. Please stop pretending like you have any idea what you're talking about, you don't. Quit throwing around terms you don't understand.

The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that they must have planned to release this as a console game, had some funding problems and switched gears and decided to make it a PC game. Even if it's not actually available on console, it has every sign of a game made for consoles with PC being an afterthought. Either that or the developers really have no clue what they're doing.

Would you care to be specific or are you just trying to be cool? You are just making yourself look incredibly stupid imo as the symptoms associated with bad ports are not present here. At all.

So again, what exactly are you babbling about?

AbyssKEQ
10-03-2011, 07:35 AM
This game is seriously badass, I purchased the game, and the DLC immediately after playing it for free on saturday.

I love the twist metal series, and while this game is not at all like twisted metal. It still gives me that twist metal rush I had back then.

There needs to be a clown car :P

Jestunhi
10-15-2011, 10:48 AM
This game was definitely made with a controller in mind, not that isn't a bad thing. It's just really hard to make turns with out almost flipping yourself using a keyboard. If it wasn't for that I would totally buy it, but I don't see myself buying a gamepad within the next 3 months.

Why would anyone play a racing game on a keyboard?

No control over the amount of throttle, no control over the amount of braking, no control over the amoun t of steering, keyboards are just on/off switches.

No gas or full gas. drive straight or spin in circles.

There are some genres which work well with keyboards and some that don't.

ParadoxSalem
10-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Why would anyone play a racing game on a keyboard?

No control over the amount of throttle, no control over the amount of braking, no control over the amoun t of steering, keyboards are just on/off switches.

No gas or full gas. drive straight or spin in circles.

There are some genres which work well with keyboards and some that don't.

Some people are just that afraid of gamepads threatening their PC gaming mastery.

I don't get it either. I use a gamepad quite frequently.

Jestunhi
10-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I use the most suitable control method which I have.

If I had a steering wheel & pedals I'd use that, but a controller does the job fine for me.

Sports games in general I use gamepads, and action games like Rusty Hearts (similar to games like Devil May Cry for those who haven't played it).

But if I play an FPS or an RTS, or an RPG which has more than a couple of skill buttons (most notably MMORPGs), keyboard & mouse suits it much better.

kidx86
11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Well we have sweet tooth now and i think we have pizza boy also the cop from twisted metal 2 and of course grass hopper we need more style of cars and tracks this game has potential please allow custom user mods please or make more stuff tracks would be cool and game modes would be awesome.