PDA

View Full Version : Blue Coins and EXP

DarkHyren
09-30-2011, 02:00 AM
So I was wondering, what's the best way to get blue coins and experience for your characters?

I've played the 1 player and 2 vs 2 modes so far with very little success in getting much of anything.
1 player mode got me nothing at all, which seems like it was a bit of a waste of time really.
The 2 vs 2 only netted me 25 exp and 35 blue coins, not very much for over an hours game play.

I know blue coins are meant to be the hard way of getting things for free (and meant to frustrate you so you will just buy coins) but it seems a little silly that you would need to play for 100 hours just to get enough for one more permanent character.

Ignoring that, only getting 25 experience definitely feels like I wasted an hour, if that's a constant I would hate to think how many hours one would have to waste grinding to reach higher levels.

So anyway, these are just first impressions of the game so I would like to know, does it get any easier to get any reward?

Finaldeath
09-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Single player is more of a tutorial and gives nothing. Ive been playing 3 pve with my friend and a loss gives 25 exp and win gives 45 exp, not sure how many blue coins though, never paid attention.

overread
09-30-2011, 05:12 AM
You get 64 blue coins in a 3V AI game for a win and 32 for a loss. Roughly speaking that means to afford a new character you'd need at least 40 wins. Personally I think if you're seriously after a character its better to pay up front with some cash from the real world and then put the earned blue coin money into the in-game item perks (relics and the like).

DarkHyren
10-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I played 2 games of 3vs bots, it was around 30 blue coins for a loss so that sounds about right.

I get that its modus operandi is to make things so that you either have to waste a lot of time on the game or shell out money, but for some of us option A is undesirable and option B is not feasible.
Or vise versa.

I think this post from another thread sums up things quite nicely actually- http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25421819&postcount=24

overread
10-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Thing is if you're not prepared/able to play a lot to grind up the cash and if you don't want to pay real money then chances are you're not in the target group of interest for this game. Simply put they need to have insentives for people to pay real money and having a long wait on affording a character or skin is a great way to do that. A character is what something like /$5 to buy with real world money so you could always just void a few sweets here and there and put the money into the game; whilst if you want a totally free gaming environment you'll have to hunt out some free games (Good Old Games (GoG) has a few totally free games on their listings as does Steam and Impulse - there are also a few free games dotted around the net).