PDA

View Full Version : Online?

RingoStarr1991
09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
How come this game and Dirt 3 have literally no one playing online? I am starting to wish I got the PS3 version because F1 2010 and Dirt 3 on PS3 had 10-15 lobbies open all the time. Almost impossible to find anyone to race with in Dirt 3 and the very small amount of people on f1 2011 are usually keyboard players or people who are just not fun to race with.

II Lagavulin II
09-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Must admit I've never found anyone in an existing lobby or anyone willing to join a lobby (created for 5+ minutes) in any game mode other than Sprint on the PC. Had a about 10, maybe a dozen online sprint races but they're just smashfests with people ramming you into oblivion. No fun what so ever.

It's just another pretty sad iditement of PC gaming, as was my fourth trip to a GAME store this afternoon in an attempt to buy Dead Island.
I've recently invested in a shiny new Area-51 with all the toys and as Steam is pretty much constantly downloading stuff as I install my Steam back catalogue I thought I'd buy a hard copy of Dead Island to hasten the process. Bad idea. The lass in one store admitted they'd only taken in 3 copies and weren't anticipating anymore - despite having sold out.

AlexanderHC
09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
they'd only taken in 3 copies and weren't anticipating anymore - despite having sold out.

Whaaat? That's crazy ... Maybe people just buy games for PC digitally now. Dead Island is so popular- on Steam at least.

But yeah, nothing really worth while in the lobby's, the Co-op championship are the best though, other then that you can only have one active at a time. Which sucks :(

LeftyBlueHand
09-30-2011, 11:29 PM
In my experience racing games online are the most disrespectfull game sessions. Stopped at Grid with that since when you do might win something people turn around, drive the other way around and smash you into bits and pieces. And that about every other racing game i played online.
Never been able to do f1 2010 online though, MS messed up my hotmail which was used to activated the game and never bought it again. 2011 i might play online when some patches are out but not yet.

Pete Danger
10-01-2011, 02:01 AM
In my experience racing games online are the most disrespectfull game sessions. Stopped at Grid with that since when you do might win something people turn around, drive the other way around and smash you into bits and pieces. And that about every other racing game i played online.
Never been able to do f1 2010 online though, MS messed up my hotmail which was used to activated the game and never bought it again. 2011 i might play online when some patches are out but not yet.

Agreed, I do most of my online racing in Race07; using the open servers and it is a lottery. Sometimes you are lucky and all of the racers are of a like mind; for a decent clean race, other times the demolition derby crowd are in!. They get kicked sometimes, if they don't, I just leave the race.