PDA

View Full Version : Esc to Pause, Esc to Unpause

Anraiki
10-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Please?! The latter is now working :[

Typhin
10-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it's more like, "Escape to Pause, Escape to Quit, Enter selects 'yes' even though 'no' is highlighted, and sucks to be you". I just always use the mouse to select "Back" from the pause screen because of that.

anticitizen101
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I tried twitting edmund, telling him that the current "esc" behaviour is ♥♥♥-backwards, and asking him if it was possible to make it unpause the game instead. But he hasn't replied.

Hopefully he's at least seen it.

Zombie.Crusher
10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I love the modern gaming community.

"Hey let's make a thread about every little detail we don't like and plz don't mention good things, because we are here to complain right?"

Kiljoy66
10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I love the modern gaming community.

"Hey let's make a thread about every little detail we don't like and plz don't mention good things, because we are here to complain right?"

You mean that we make complaints about crap that SHOULD be pretty much common sense standards of normal gaming on the pc to begin with? Then yes, yes, we will complain, you damn tool.

anticitizen101
10-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that the ESC key behaviour and the savegame storing were just oversights. They can be handled as such and easily corrected, if the developer considers them as issues (and are fixable).

It's not about "why" complain about bad things instead of praising the good things - we purchased the game because of its qualities. It's about "why not" complain about what is wrong with the game.

Good developers don't just stop at "it's good enough"; they want feedback. Indeed, how else to fix issues, even minor ones, if they are not reported?

ASecondOpinion
10-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I just always use the mouse to select "Back" from the pause screen because of that.

The "P" button also pauses AND unpauses, so it might be worth getting into pressing that key instead of ESC :)

ZildjianKX
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I've learned to use "P" to pause and "P" to un-pause instead of ESC. I agree the ESC behavior should be changed though.

Never!
10-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I use ESC to look at stats then hit ESC again and almost crap myself every time.