PDA

View Full Version : This game is painful!

Anza Power
10-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Everything about this game seems to be designed specifically to push people away from it, the controls that make you feel like your controller is filled with wet cement, the ridiculously hard to find secrets hidden behind walls, and that damn lives count, they take away lives if you try to leave a level?

I've been stuck on the second set of levels, I've even tried turning off the music and listening to an audiobook while playing, just so I'd have something to do while listening, and still even with half the concentration I feel like this is a complete waste of time...

Just don't understand how anyone could find this ugly piece of programming fun, I wanted to like it I tried very hard to like it but it's just impossible, this game is impossible...

KeredCWR
10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
While I won't quite go so far as to say that it's an ugly piece of programming, I very much do agree about the gameplay feeling like you're trudging through wet cement. After the first couple of levels, I gave up on Gish since I just didn't find it fun to play at all. There's a good game hidden in there, but the controls hide it very well.

graspee
11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I couldn't even get past the first part where you have to jump on the first level! I get that you jump when you are most compressed, and it seems you can press up and down at the right points to help your height too, but I tried for ages and I just could not do it, so I gave up.

Amazing, isn't it? A game I couldn't get past the first say 20 seconds of. If I had bought it on its own instead of getting it with the humble bundle I would have been pretty angry I think.

colorado
11-15-2011, 05:50 AM
I'm a bit puzzled at its 80 score on metacritic, actually. Obviously reviewers didn't seem to have as much trouble with the controls as some of us. But they really are, truly, awful--so it makes me wonder, were they even playing the same game? Or are they just privy to info we don't have, or something?

I did get the hang of the controls enough to make it through the first few levels, but it's a consatant tedious battle to do even the simplest of things. So much so that while I probably could stick the game out and suffer through the awful controls, it's just no fun doing so, so I just uninstalled it.

MrCrunk
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with the controls, they were designed that way!!! HE'S A BALL OF TAR FFS NOT MARIO! Seriously...if Gish could jump at the press of a button...this wouldn't be Gish and you all know it. It's different but that's no reason to say the game is flawed because I've beaten it several times and had many fun times in versus with friends; Gish's mobility is the key factor of this game, if you can't handle it, then this game is not for you.