PDA

View Full Version : Question about skill points and update.

luck_duck92
10-03-2011, 05:56 AM
I am lvl 25 and i lvled up my abilities in a way that i like and suits for my 25lvl character.

Now you are doing an update that will bring more skills and lvls.So my question is do we get our skill points reset????

In my view you let us play the game with 25lvl as max and we builded a skill build for that not 30.

So the right thing to do in my point of you is what i ask.

Other members what do you think???????

An anwer would be fine too.

uglymod
10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
More skills means more points are likely. Keep in mind you cant choose every skill. Also depends on which weapon you choose.

luck_duck92
10-03-2011, 02:03 PM
More skills means more points are likely. Keep in mind you cant choose every skill. Also depends on which weapon you choose.

I am aware about that and because of that i ask the reset so i can choose wisely about my 30lvl skills and not to have skills that i maxed at 25 condindering that was my max lvl.

uglymod
10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
the way i look at it is everyone knows they will raise level cap. At 20 your points are reset. Whether cap was 50 or 25, what skills you have at 25 will be the same at 30 with the exception of the skills that become usable after a certain level.
Everyone knows this. You should have thought about that at lvl 20. Im sure later they will put in a skill reset vendor.

ViciousXUSMC
10-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Prob if anything at some point a cash shop item for skill reset, make some $$$.

Just hope its not a random item from a box lol.

luck_duck92
10-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I will explain myself again because you cant understand what i am saying.

I dont want to reset all the stats like which weapon i choose at lvl 20 just to give us back our current spent skill points.

Why??????Because i lvled up every skill i could at lvl 25 without knowing the lvl cap was going to increase to 30.

N. Jetcopter
10-04-2011, 10:45 AM
OP makes perfect sense to me, dunno why you're saying we should all level skills with higher level caps in mind when no one knows when a level cap increase will come.

Not everyone leaves all their skills at level 2 because they're afraid of new level caps and new skills and want to hoard points for them. In fact I would go so far as to say 90% of the players level their skills as far as they can with the available points at the current cap.

Heaven_Mail
10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Wait there's an update? when? how? why do I know nothing about?

N. Jetcopter
10-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Wait there's an update? when? how? why do I know nothing about?

This is another thing. There ARE people who don't know if/when level cap increases are coming, and fewer who know if more skills/skill levels are coming as well.

tl;dr: uglymod is dumb.

uglymod
10-04-2011, 10:12 PM
This is another thing. There ARE people who don't know if/when level cap increases are coming, and fewer who know if more skills/skill levels are coming as well.

tl;dr: uglymod is dumb.

Stickied topic Here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142985) Clearly if one reads at least the stickied topics because those are usually the most important they would see a level cap increase is coming on October 11th.

uglymod
10-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I will explain myself again because you cant understand what i am saying.

I dont want to reset all the stats like which weapon i choose at lvl 20 just to give us back our current spent skill points.

Why??????Because i lvled up every skill i could at lvl 25 without knowing the lvl cap was going to increase to 30.

Ok let me explain this to you. Skill points are for skills. You get them back when you hit 20. I didn't mention you choosing a weapon class.

luck_duck92
10-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Ok let me explain this to you. Skill points are for skills. You get them back when you hit 20. I didn't mention you choosing a weapon class.

I took them back and used them all because lvl cap was 25!!!Now i want em back again to use em a better way since lvl cap increase!

Napalm Dawn
10-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Do not refer to Steam as "you" like in your OP. Steam is not the ones pushing down the update, Perfect World is. Steam is merely a delivery service for this game.

IAmLegion
10-09-2011, 12:32 AM
You know...This was the first weapon focus, once we get the next one, it might reset.
Otherwise. Realize it's an MMO, meaning there will be level caps. This is my first MMO, and even I figured that out...
Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the game.

Perfectionist
10-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Level cap is temp 30 on the 11th, skills go up to level 50 though, is there any need for a skill reset, i dont think so as 30 is only temp aswell.

I dont think anybody like Jetcopter should be name calling either, as if open beta is going to have max level at 25 which nearly everyones achieved and going to stay that way, its done in days.