PDA

View Full Version : Who cares about Skyrim right now! RAGE is unlocking in 15hrs

capsola
10-03-2011, 06:56 AM
For some reason I know Skyrim will disappoint me but that wont stop me from buying it and hoping for the best.

anyway, RAGE is out today so who cares.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ja...on-rage/721570

dune297
10-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Who cares about RAGE right now? Skyrim is launching in 39 days!

Morfolk
10-03-2011, 08:00 AM
meh

I'm still frozen for the next 39 days.

alehm
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
For some reason I know Skyrim will disappoint me but that wont stop me from buying it and hoping for the best.

#1 Rage should be an awesome game.
#2 Why are you buying games that you know will disappoint you? I mean you might as well buy me a game that I know I will like. Your money will go to better use. :p
#3 Skyrim is going to be an awesome game too.

Kiya
10-03-2011, 09:16 AM
We can't afford for both me and my partner to buy Rage and Skyrim, so he gets Rage and I get Skyrim.

Really wish we could afford for me to get Rage too.

Inspector Jones
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
38 Days, 9 Hours, and 32 Minutes until Skyrim releases, assuming it release at Midnight Eastern Time, which it should.

Oneironaut
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm holding off on RAGE until it gets a decent discount in a Steam sale. Skyrim I'll get on release day.

JiveTurkey
10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
meh

I'm still frozen for the next 39 days.

I'll start unfreezing when BF3 starts coming out. Be thawed out when Skyrim comes out. lol

phillibl
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I have both games preordered and RAGE is already installed. 4hrs and I'll be playing

T@F
10-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I have both games preordered and RAGE is already installed. 4hrs and I'll be playing

Says 2 days 14 hours for us in the uk. :(

Darakin
10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Says 2 days 14 hours for us in the uk. :(

I'm really glad it does. Judging by the rage in the Rage forum it has a few problems. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

chipset35
10-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Too bad Rage sux's...both the Steam forums and Official forums are going postal over its fail. They have begun deleting negative posts at the official forum too.
PCgamer has also posted a video of the texture issue...its bad.

dannythefool
10-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah the OP has switched to another game again too.

Ok, so I'm enjoying the game, about 3hrs in at dead city but I'm disappointed! I can see playing this for a few more days and that's it. I think I'm done with ID, this is a pure console game.

BF3 beta is pulling me back. That's where the innovation is this year.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2154510

Lone_Sword
10-04-2011, 11:57 AM

So how that'd turn out for ya? What's that, you're already switching to another game? Kids these days.

SunofVich
10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
So how that'd turn out for ya? What's that, you're already switching to another game? Kids these days.

Yes, please do tell, how did that turn out.

Psychological
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm so sorry. But I'm gonna be a smug ♥♥♥ about this whole Rage thing :D

Jiggy727
10-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Sad part is, RAGE is broken and only the first few hours are playable... I got to the Wellsprings town, and after that every load screen has been crashing. Go on the steam rage forums and there's nothing but complaints and trolls.

People are comparing the RAGE launch to Dead Island's shamble of a release.

mangasus90
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, i really think Rage makes me care about Skyrim for now until its release...

They're not ID so i hope for the best, but i dont trust Bethesda anymore...

Bf
10-06-2011, 07:25 AM
If RAGE gets a fixup patch, it should be an awesome game.
A friend of mine has it working without (that many) texture popins and it looks majorly fun. Not to mention that if it's as moddable as previous ID titles, it won't die for quite a while.

As for Skyrim; Completely different kinda game. TES games will always be in a league of their own and no other game even comes close when talking replayabililty and customization.

Hell, I still enjoy Morrowind after all these years :D

alehm
10-06-2011, 07:42 AM
LOL the last post by capsola is in the RAGE forum complaining about ID and that he will stop playing RAGE because it's terrible.

That is some comedy gold right there.

Bumbuliuz
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm getting both, but Skyrim has been my most wanted game since it was announced.

Trodamus
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Sad part is, RAGE is broken and only the first few hours are playable... I got to the Wellsprings town, and after that every load screen has been crashing. Go on the steam rage forums and there's nothing but complaints and trolls.

People are comparing the RAGE launch to Dead Island's shamble of a release.

Dead Island got licked into decent shape within about a week and did not actually promise to offer groundbreaking anything.

RAGE is currently blaming drivers and gremlins and sweeping PC gamers under the rug.

Skyrim, well... it's still gamebryo. I wonder if the fundamental flaws and memory leaks of the engine still made it past the overhauls? And have you seen the videos? That's some pretty console looking controls and menus there.

sloop1138
10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Dead Island got licked into decent shape within about a week and did not actually promise to offer groundbreaking anything.

RAGE is currently blaming drivers and gremlins and sweeping PC gamers under the rug.

Skyrim, well... it's still gamebryo. I wonder if the fundamental flaws and memory leaks of the engine still made it past the overhauls? And have you seen the videos? That's some pretty console looking controls and menus there.

If I understand correctly, some of the driver suggestions have actually fixed it though.

As far as the menus go, I could care less if they loook consolish. It's a menu. Gameplay/story is what's important to me.

Elenoe
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Gameplay/story is what's important to me.
my gameplay ruins a bit when game pauses everytime I change right/left hand from linear up/down menu :) And when there are a lot of such "bits" the gameplay is ruined. Story was always very weak in Bethesda games.

So even controls, menus, inventory counts. And graphics, yes, even graphics counts :)

sloop1138
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
my gameplay ruins a bit when game pauses everytime I change right/left hand from linear up/down menu :) And when there are a lot of such "bits" the gameplay is ruined. Story was always very weak in Bethesda games.

So even controls, menus, inventory counts. And graphics, yes, even graphics counts :)

I may not have seen what you did or I'm not understanding right. Is the game stuttering when you switch items? That would suck, but if that's the case that would most likely get ironed out before launch. Do you have a link, I'd really like to check it out.

Trodamus
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
If I understand correctly, some of the driver suggestions have actually fixed it though.

As far as the menus go, I could care less if they loook consolish. It's a menu. Gameplay/story is what's important to me.

Actually, you'll find that there was quite a bit of unhappiness with Oblivion's very large console-ish menus. One of the first mods released, and the mod at the top of every gamer's mod list, is one that makes it more PC friendly.

And the poster above is concerned that it won't take special advantage of the large number of mappable keys on a keyboard, instead relying upon "quick" menus that actually pause the game to swap out weapons and spells.

I don't necessarily agree with the experience being muddled by having to go into a menu every now and again. But from the videos, the menus look like they'd be navigated better with a controller, rather than a keyboard. Would love to hear more about this from the devs though.

Elenoe
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I may not have seen what you did or I'm not understanding right. Is the game stuttering when you switch items? That would suck, but if that's the case that would most likely get ironed out before launch. Do you have a link, I'd really like to check it out.
no, no, don't have game, no stuttering. Referring about what I've seen in videos. Pausing game like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4S-SCWfyM&t=462

It's just speculation because I hope PC version will have quickbar/hotkeys so this won't be an issue. But if it is... it would be little minus to gameplay for me.

Same as these horses :) And I doubt they will change. So far it looks like Rambo on overloaded dwarf pony :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4S-SCWfyM&t=361

No need to have Warband's horse archery since it is unbeatable. But at least RIFT horses would be nice. They look nice and ride like horses. I don't think I will use Skyrim's in villages and towns. As I would feel so ashamed if somebody would see me riding those :)

Look at these :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2ORE4ShWI

Raziel123
10-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Who cares about RAGE right now? Skyrim is launching in 39 days!

Basically this.

OurSacrifice
10-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Skyrim, well... it's still gamebryo.

No it's not. Skyrim uses a new custom in-house engine created by Bethesda.

Trodamus
10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
No it's not. Skyrim uses a new custom in-house engine created by Bethesda.

Really? I'd read on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim#Development)that it does use a highly modified version of gamebryo, however other sources tend to go back and forth as to whether it's a brand new engine or just brand new coding for an old engine.

They could clear this up by just stating whether the engine uses any gamebryo assets, but I think they know how much of a sour taste gamebryo left in everyone's mouth.

OurSacrifice
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
They based their engine off of Gamebyro, they didn't use it.

Creation Engine is all on its own. That's why it says they wanted to start over and build their own technology.

Elenoe
10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
They based their engine off of Gamebyro, they didn't use it.

Creation Engine is all on its own. That's why it says they wanted to start over and build their own technology.

but it seems they made it very similar, probably to make their tools as much compatible as possible. From videos it really looks as Oblivion. With similar design and possibilities (f.e. cave design is the same, maybe with different effects, but the very same).

(and with worse horses and weapon->enemy interaction. That is awful)

pimpmafuqa
10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
(insert patrick meme) Lets take this Thread.

And move it over to Rage section of Forum!

Busterofwar
10-09-2011, 12:06 PM
RAGE is terrible, especially on the PC. Skyrim will be GOTY.

Delicieuxz
10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Lots of games will be GotY. Witcher 2 will also be GotY, Battlefield 3 and MW3 will both be GotY, and 3 or 4 dozen other games will also be GotY. Everybody declares their own GotY list of games, there is no official committee for it.

Lynx
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Already put 21 hours into Rage. Great filler until Skyrim comes.

alehm
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I would play Rage if I could get it for $40.

sloop1138
10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
no, no, don't have game, no stuttering. Referring about what I've seen in videos. Pausing game like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4S-SCWfyM&t=462

It's just speculation because I hope PC version will have quickbar/hotkeys so this won't be an issue. But if it is... it would be little minus to gameplay for me.

I see what you're saying. I don't think I'd mind the smaller menus, like the little one that popped up when he was changing spells. I'm sure they'll have a least a few quick keys though. Oblivion had 8 if I recall and the Fallout games had 9. I like the way the menu is set up though where it's an 'invisible' background. Looks good on the eyes.

OasisGallagher
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Rage was a big let down for me. Looks like ID spend too much time with the graphics, and not enough with the story and gameplay. Such an incredible short game.
Its a game i'd recommend people buy when its on sale, not a 30 game for my liking.