PDA

View Full Version : Curious. Leaving the game alone makes it better?

Zorlond
10-04-2011, 03:00 AM
I'm one of the folks experiencing 10-seconds-per-frame performance, and in my thick-skulled stubborness, I decided to try one more time to get it running. So I tried windowed mode.

Didn't seem to do much, so I checked the Task Managers, poked around on these forums, then went back to the game.

It actually ran a full 10 seconds of clean, smooth video before stalling out again.

And checking it once more, mid-posting, it did so again, allowing me to actually get out of the cryochamber before going into stall once more.

Task Manager says Rage is only using one CPU (I've got a dozen), and barely any memory at all. It looks like it's just not sensing/using the resources my PC has to offer, yet still slowly grinds through all the renderings it expects to have to do when left alone on a different window, which it then plays for me when I finally turn my attention back.

Weird.

Zorlond
10-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Unfortunately, once out of the cryochamber and in control of my actions, this no longer allowed me anything more than half a second of action before going into severe stutter mode. *sigh*