PDA

View Full Version : Update your Video Card Drivers!

tpanisiak
10-04-2011, 09:13 AM
That's what Mr. John C is telling us.

But anyway,

GTX 285 Nivida
i7 2.6ghz
4GB RAM, DDR3
Windows 7, 64bit

Last night I was running RAGE somewhat fine (the texture pop-ins were noticeable, but nothing horrendous). This morning, for giggles, I installed the new NIVIDA driver update and I noticed the pop-ins are noticeably much WORSE, so much that I don't want to play the game.

I simple rollback will fix that, of course. But I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this strange anomaly? And if not, if you're willing to give it a try to see if the newest driver update breaks more than it fixes. I'm wondering if this is an isolated problem on my machine. :S

Rippleeffect
10-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I see parallels to Baghdad Bob in Mr. C.

wits
10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
I updated to 11.10 for my Ati card, it really helped with the flickering and textures flying across the screen. But pop-ups are still a giant nuisance to the point now it's unplayable because now when the better texture loads it lags a lot.

schism84
10-04-2011, 09:25 AM
ATI's 11.10 are also running antiquated wrong OGL stuff, AMD is releasing a new one later today. Oh the irony

wits
10-04-2011, 09:28 AM
This help a little bit too. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1236544-texture-cache-folder-fix/

Browncoat1984
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
That's what Mr. John C is telling us.

But anyway,

GTX 285 Nivida
i7 2.6ghz
4GB RAM, DDR3
Windows 7, 64bit

Last night I was running RAGE somewhat fine (the texture pop-ins were noticeable, but nothing horrendous). This morning, for giggles, I installed the new NIVIDA driver update and I noticed the pop-ins are noticeably much WORSE, so much that I don't want to play the game.

I simple rollback will fix that, of course. But I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this strange anomaly? And if not, if you're willing to give it a try to see if the newest driver update breaks more than it fixes. I'm wondering if this is an isolated problem on my machine. :S

I get sick of people saying "I can play the game somewhat fine but..." No. Nobody should have to say that. We should not be having ANY probelms, not with a AAA release from a supposed AAA developer. And to say that "you need to update your drivers" and most people who do STILL have problems...even if it IS a driver issue...ATI, NVIDIA then its on YOU to get YOUR drivers updates BEFORE LAUNCH so that we don't have to wait.

darkdecember
10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
I have a GTX 570 and have the newest beta drivers installed due to the fact I'm playing the Battlefield 3 beta. This game runs smooth but renders textures SOOOO SLOWWWWW. It's making me mad.