PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer DLC

Sorsis
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Post here if you want to dwell the castles and kill the orcs with your friend in Orcs Must Die! I hope Robot Entertainment could make multiplaying campaing as DLC.

Nixiam
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
/signed.
Even if is not the campaign, a co-op mode would be great. :)

Jag Gentleman
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Another trath about this... but...
/signed.

Holyreploid
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe more Obnoxious war mages will annoy the orcs to death.
/signed

xero18
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I wont buy this game untill I'm able to play this with my friends online.
/Signed for multiplayer options

ampd533
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I agree, I hope developers start making more games with multiplayer. I feel multiplayer or coop should be a must for almost every game. There are some games where multiplayer would interfere due to story and what not, but I think coop would work well with this game.

XMMX
10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
coop. and coop versus, the first team to fail loses.

stibaer
10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
/signed.
-Coop-Singleplayer
-CoopVersus !!!

Coopversus has so many possibilities.
Just play some Warcraft3 tower defenses like teamLine to see some nice solutions.

2v2,3v34v4,5v5 or more ...possible.
Your team fights against the other team(s).
The team which is able to survive longer wins.
Different heroclasses would be nice. Each one has individual strong and weak points. They furthermore can be individualised with different weapons, traps etc.

There are ways to sabotage the enemy team.
For example there could be "spies" sabotaging traps or summoners, who can make additional orcs spawn at the enemies lane :)

Just get some ideas from wc3 td mods.
There are more than enough.

The part, where orcs must die can really win, is, that you and your team also are in the middle of the fight and your aimingskills additional to the strategic ones will matter.
So much action :)

I really like the current concept, but coop is a must have.
Add a versus coop and this game can get a metascore over 90 :)

15 bucks for sp until the dlc with coop (versus) is rdy.
Dlc could be around 5-10 bucks.
20 bucks as bundle sounds fair.
With a mapeditor the fans would be rly happy.
If you can bring this wc3 teamversus Towerdefense feeling with the +action through the hero in middle of the action there are great chances for omd2+3+...

ToxinArrow
10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
/signed

Zealto
10-04-2011, 08:54 PM
/signed

Just split the equip slots between the two people. One person gets the sword, the other the bow.

NC37
10-04-2011, 09:10 PM
/signed

Would like not only COOP but another Warmage model or two. One of them being female. To you know...look hot while orc body parts fly across the screen :D. And to of course give the ladies something to play as.

Oh, she'd need some good obnoxious cheering and hooting when she gets kills. Like in Sanctum.

DoubleFloat
10-04-2011, 10:04 PM
/signed

Shaneluls39199
10-04-2011, 10:10 PM
yea im just typing something before i say signed

/signed

hoonz97
10-04-2011, 11:48 PM
there is a co-op mode...its called "Dungeon defenders" :P

DNikko
10-05-2011, 12:39 AM
/signed

whateva
10-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Purchased but would like to see this as dlc so...
/Signed

Bridger15
10-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Will buy when it has co-op/versus. Differing hero classes would be nice too.

XMMX
10-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Like tower defense from Wc3, you spend those tokens you get from killing orcs to build traps, and to send elite orcs to the o posit teams stage, and vice versa.

_KAGS
10-05-2011, 06:22 AM
I'd rather more bad ♥♥♥ content for single player than a so-so coop mode. Besides, DD is aimed at filling that niche. Just my 2cents

/not signed

Brahlam
10-05-2011, 07:05 AM
/Signed!

I think i would also pay for a Multiplayer Addon! :>

The_Reaper_CooL
10-05-2011, 07:09 AM
/SIGNED WITH ALL MY MIGHT!

Seriously... This game is like Deception (yes, I saw the other topic), which I liked a LOT. And Dungeon Defenders compared to this game is NOTHING. Yes, it has Co-op, but does it have Orcs flying around because you just put Deception-like traps on the walls and stuff???

This game screams for Co-op, just like it's fans. Yes, you said you don't want to focus on Co-op, just want to make a little game. But come on! Would it hurt your sales if you just tried to put it in as a DLC? Players who would need Co-op would need to buy the DLC for a good price, and EVERYONE would be happy (especially if it has LAN Multiplayer)

With Co-op being a big trend nowadays, there's no excuse not to include it in such an awesome game...

Jermatoo
10-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Definitely /signed

Demos insanely fun but the game isn't worth it if theres no coop element in the game.

Chrizzel
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM
/Signed

Shaneluls39199
10-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Definitely /signed

Demos insanely fun but the game isn't worth it if theres no coop element in the game.

so the game is insanely fun but isn't worth a penny (aka a buy) if it doesn't have co-op?

Anzariel
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Did a video playthrough//review and I thought of the same thing!

/Signed...TWICE!

wizzed
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
The game looks very well made, but i'm also waiting for a co-op patch or DLC. I never really spent time in singleplayer in games like Sanctum; co-op however is always fun with those.

/Signed

AMC_Duke
10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Demo was fun

Add Multiplayer in Orcs must die 2 and i buy it !

Twoframes
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Please don't add co-op

/unsigned

MAD_JIHAD
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I want to buy this game but it has no coop...

/Signed

I will get it the moment they announce multi player.

Hamster Gutz
10-05-2011, 06:33 PM
This game would need serious changes for coop. It's pretty easy as it is, and more than one person playing would make it as easy as facerolling your keyboard a couple times.

Godspeed1
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
/signed

Doled
10-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Bringing your friends into the fun with you is always nice.

I'm just wondering how much Robot would have to change the game in order to accommodate co-op.

Devil Man X
10-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Agreed. The fact that this has no multiplayer is a major oversight. If it did I would buy a 4 pack on steam for me and my friends. As it is, I really like the game but might skip it in favor of a multiplayer game like Renegade Ops which is an awesome game. Hey dev team. Hop to it man. We want it and you will make more money doing so. Nuff said.

Zealto
10-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Serious changes to accommodate? Does anyone really believe that? How hard is it to add some health, add more orcs per round, and split equip slots and money between players?

Cloymax
10-06-2011, 12:37 AM
/signed.
but no versus.
every game is screwed up by competition.

BarneyStinson
10-06-2011, 01:08 AM
/signed.
but no versus.
every game is screwed up by competition.

I disagree.

arafeli
10-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Post here if you want to dwell the castles and kill the orcs with your friend in Orcs Must Die! I hope Robot Entertainment could make multiplaying campaing as DLC.

im up for it
i think it will be great
im having a great time on the solo and with another player it will be even more awsome

Grgolj
10-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Just played the demo. Loving the game, the artstyle, action, everything. Co-op or some other sort of multiplayer mod would be a deal-breaker for me, not to mention helluva fun.

/signed

olopower
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
yes psl

s1234567890m
10-06-2011, 08:10 AM
/antisign

I dont want developers to waste time on multi/coop when it can be put into single player

A few lurker/new accounts posting :/

SixOkay
10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Serious changes to accommodate? Does anyone really believe that? How hard is it to add some health, add more orcs per round, and split equip slots and money between players?

...and net code, and re-balancing, and optimization of AI and art, and new level designs to accommodate the advantages that multiple players would obviously have, and so on. The list goes on and on, and none of that work comes for free or happens quickly. There's no magic "make co-op" button for any game. And simply copying a second player and doubling the number of enemies is not a viable solution. Neither technically or from a game design perspective.

No one's arguing the idea of co-op. It's frankly great that you see enough in this game to like that you want MORE from it. But Co-Op or Multiplayer is also a pretty significant investment and we were focusing on building a title that we could develop in about a year and ship for a reasonable price.

_KAGS
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
...and net code, and re-balancing, and optimization of AI and art, and new level designs to accommodate the advantages that multiple players would obviously have, and so on. The list goes on and on, and none of that work comes for free or happens quickly. There's no magic "make co-op" button for any game. And simply copying a second player and doubling the number of enemies is not a viable solution. Neither technically or from a game design perspective.

No one's arguing the idea of co-op. It's frankly great that you see enough in this game to like that you want MORE from it. But Co-Op or Multiplayer is also a pretty significant investment and we were focusing on building a title that we could develop in about a year and ship for a reasonable price.

This.

W'rather they focus time spent on a BADASS singleplayer experience then a good (at best, given limited time and budget) multiplayer.

rmartinezdl
10-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I have this crazy idea, i dont know if it will work!
BUT my idea is

You have this map splitted in half, right? I mean the whole map is the same on both sides.

So 2 players are on one side, 2 on the other side, the hordes will be onslaught, so you can see how the other team is doing? like you can see them but you cant go there, know what I mean?

Hamster Gutz
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM

HA, apparently the Devs believe that :p

PsychoRaven
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd be up for co-op being added later or as DLC. I've gotten my moneys worth just from the demo.

wowpst
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
HA, apparently the Devs believe that :p

Given that they've stated multiple times that they have NO intention on adding co-op capabilities and wanted to focus on a single-player experience, it's understandable why they believe it.

One might almost think that -- surprise! -- they were thinking it from the very beginning.

When they, y'know, admitted that OMD was focused on single-player only.

Hamster Gutz
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Given that they've stated multiple times that they have NO intention on adding co-op capabilities and wanted to focus on a single-player experience, it's understandable why they believe it.

One might almost think that -- surprise! -- they were thinking it from the very beginning.

When they, y'know, admitted that OMD was focused on single-player only.

I said that because earlier in the thread I said this:

This game would need serious changes for coop. It's pretty easy as it is, and more than one person playing would make it as easy as facerolling your keyboard a couple times.

So when a dev replied to Zealto's post, I had to pop in and say I told you so :)

kanthall
10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
/signed

Mystrios
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
/signed

Also a mode maybe where another Player controlls the Mobs and thier Paths. That could really get intresting :)

Vunk
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I wont buy this game untill I'm able to play this with my friends online.
/Signed for multiplayer options

this.

No co-op, no buy. Sorry.

Askjosh
10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
/signed

Also a mode maybe where another Player controlls the Mobs and thier Paths. That could really get intresting :)

I would like to second this

Zealto
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I said that because earlier in the thread I said this:

So when a dev replied to Zealto's post, I had to pop in and say I told you so :)

The only difficult part would be the netcode. Everyone was saying that it would require significant changes for multiplayer to properly work. I only said that because I don't consider netcode, which the player doesn't even see to be a significant change to the game.
Of course, that is unless you also want to add maps for co-op, which I feel would be unnecessary with proper balancing.

I don't understand netcode very well, but I do know it is a lot of work. I also know that hundreds of people, maybe thousands would purchase this game for themselves and their friends if the devs added a LAN option(saying that under the assumption that LAN is easier to add in than actual internet)

I can't imagine balancing being as hard as it is being made out to be. If absolutely everything was split between the two players, what exactly would be different? That would be the amount of damage the second player can put out with his weapon, since in single player the player can only use one weapon at a time. This will be the number that you add on to the orc's health.

Lastly, I cannot begin to understand how co-op would affect the AI since I have only played the demo, so I am not going to bother there.

Anyways, if the devs feel that balancing, netcode, art, and all that jazz isn't worth the amount of sales they would get(from the original game AND the DlC) fine by me. I would understand that there were other circumstances that prevented them from finishing this.
Why other circumstances? Because I know that the developers who came up with this gem would not settle for mediocrity if they were in the power to do so. Developers like these are able to make good games because they love their games, and I can't imagine them settling for anything less than perfection unless they plan on regretting it for the rest of their lives.

_KAGS
10-06-2011, 07:32 PM
The only difficult part would be the netcode. Everyone was saying that it would require significant changes for multiplayer to properly work. I only said that because I don't consider netcode, which the player doesn't even see to be a significant change to the game.
Of course, that is unless you also want to add maps for co-op, which I feel would be unnecessary with proper balancing.

I don't understand netcode very well, but I do know it is a lot of work. I also know that hundreds of people, maybe thousands would purchase this game for themselves and their friends if the devs added a LAN option(saying that under the assumption that LAN is easier to add in than actual internet)

I can't imagine balancing being as hard as it is being made out to be. If absolutely everything was split between the two players, what exactly would be different? That would be the amount of damage the second player can put out with his weapon, since in single player the player can only use one weapon at a time. This will be the number that you add on to the orc's health.

Lastly, I cannot begin to understand how co-op would affect the AI since I have only played the demo, so I am not going to bother there.

Anyways, if the devs feel that balancing, netcode, art, and all that jazz isn't worth the amount of sales they would get(from the original game AND the DlC) fine by me. I would understand that there were other circumstances that prevented them from finishing this.
Why other circumstances? Because I know that the developers who came up with this gem would not settle for mediocrity if they were in the power to do so. Developers like these are able to make good games because they love their games, and I can't imagine them settling for anything less than perfection unless they plan on regretting it for the rest of their lives.

I'd say time is the primary constraint. I'm sure they CAN pull it off, but not tomorrow, or this Saturday, or even next week. Instant gratification isn't fast enough. These folks have lives outside of work too, unless they are actually robots.

The question is, with the LIMITED time you have, what are you going to focus it on? No, you cannot do single player and develop coop together within a reasonable amount of time (game engine modifications, bug fixing, QA, myriad of other stuff let alone balancing everything, etc.). Not very cost effective. It's one or the other. I'd say otherwise if these guys a very sizeable staff, but it doesn't seem that way.

And don't forget the time you spend on something that may take a lot of work to do - the labor cost grows and doesn't stop. What if they release coop mode and by that time nobody's even playing the game anymore?

I'd say coop would best be in the sequel.

Askjosh
10-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Agreed co-op should be done done in a sequel or as a DLC but only after the game has been out for a few months.

The devs need to make sure that everything runs smooth with this game first.

LemonadeX1X
10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
/signed.

Godspeed1
10-06-2011, 11:07 PM
co-op + 4pack= $$$$$

Whist
10-07-2011, 01:26 AM

Then after this ships and you make some money...use the same engine to make "More Orcs Must Die" which is coop.

Some of the work is cut out for you since the main bulk of gameplay is established.

Or, be total bros and develop an entirely new game based around coop...but just make sure to keep the awesome fun fast-paced arcade style action you did so well in this game.

In fact, make it better. Give me more shiny particle explosions and giant score multipliers on my screen. Okay now that you have more...add more.
Yes this game is turning out good already. I'm pumped. Do you have a release date yet?

wowpst
10-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Yes this game is turning out good already. I'm pumped. Do you have a release date yet?

Release date is October 12 at 12 Noon PST.

SixOkay
10-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I have this crazy idea, i dont know if it will work!
BUT my idea is

You have this map splitted in half, right? I mean the whole map is the same on both sides.

So 2 players are on one side, 2 on the other side, the hordes will be onslaught, so you can see how the other team is doing? like you can see them but you cant go there, know what I mean?

We had a conversation about something like this at lunch once. Imagine using flip traps to throw enemies over to your opponents side and give him more to deal with ;)

Like I said, it's not for lack of ideas or for thinking that it's a bad idea. It's about the trade-offs that have to get made in software development. It's always easy to say "let's add this. Let's add this. Oh, what about this," but you can easily get into a slippery slope of constantly trying to put more in and pushing the game further and further back. We've seen this happen several times recently with huge budget titles.

We gave ourselves a year to ship a small but highly polished, addictive, fun game, and I think we've done just that. We certainly have grown to love the universe we created for this game, and if you guys do, too, then we're off to a good start.

NC37
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
We had a conversation about something like this at lunch once. Imagine using flip traps to throw enemies over to your opponents side and give him more to deal with ;)

Like I said, it's not for lack of ideas or for thinking that it's a bad idea. It's about the trade-offs that have to get made in software development. It's always easy to say "let's add this. Let's add this. Oh, what about this," but you can easily get into a slippery slope of constantly trying to put more in and pushing the game further and further back. We've seen this happen several times recently with huge budget titles.

We gave ourselves a year to ship a small but highly polished, addictive, fun game, and I think we've done just that. We certainly have grown to love the universe we created for this game, and if you guys do, too, then we're off to a good start.

And if the Demo is any indication, you folks did a fine job and a very good business move. Even if I'd like COOP, I'd always rather have a polished game that will give me much more replay value in the long run.

Thermal Ions
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
While I love co-op play with friends, I also enjoy a good single player experience, which early indications are that OMD will provide.

You have to give credit to developers who keep their eye on the goal and don't shoe-horn in SP/MP modes just for the sake of ticking a box - the whole game generally does suffer. I wish more developers were like that.

I guess my hope is that the game is successful enough for consideration of an OMD2 with co-op.

NuclearKetchup
10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes please. Two player co-op, bigger maps, and different characters who all have strengths and weaknesses. There are so many ways to expand this already great game.

g33kMoZzY
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM

No significant change? then why does everyone sign that they want it? :D Tbh the netcode is MP and sure it would be nice but I rather have a really good SP game then a decent both. And with their limited time it's a good to focus on one part.

Yes please. Two player co-op, bigger maps, and different characters who all have strengths and weaknesses. There are so many ways to expand this already great game.

It wold be a different game with multiple classes, and the spririt and atmosphere Robot Entertainment have created would disappear and become more like DD, I actually decided to get both, two different games in the same genre and I'm sure I'll love em both in their own kind of ways.

Rebmes
10-08-2011, 11:20 AM
/Not Signed

If the Dev's want to make a good coop mode, wouldn't that be more long term, like sequel style? Otherwise not worth it.

Shaneluls39199
10-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Then after this ships and you make some money...use the same engine to make "More Orcs Must Die" which is coop.

Some of the work is cut out for you since the main bulk of gameplay is established.

Or, be total bros and develop an entirely new game based around coop...but just make sure to keep the awesome fun fast-paced arcade style action you did so well in this game.

In fact, make it better. Give me more shiny particle explosions and giant score multipliers on my screen. Okay now that you have more...add more.

total bros lmfao XDDDD

but this idea is a good one. if this game gives more then the expected revenue could a DLC implementation be possible(for co-op/multi or would you guys rather steer to focus on other games or simple make a new/2nd orcs must die?

de4gLe
10-08-2011, 07:34 PM

I have a easy solution for you guys, where you dont have to improve AI or re-balance all things! Just mirror the level. Example you have the Stone in the middle of the map and 4 ways to the door where the orcs come from. Then you create 3 other looking charackters and done. In coop all have to press "G" and then the waves are coming for each one in their own line. There are many possible ways to mirror some levels^^

g33kMoZzY
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I have a easy solution for you guys, where you dont have to improve AI or re-balance all things! Just mirror the level. Example you have the Stone in the middle of the map and 4 ways to the door where the orcs come from. Then you create 3 other looking charackters and done. In coop all have to press "G" and then the waves are coming for each one in their own line. There are many possible ways to mirror some levels^^

That will not be coop, that will just be like 4 peoples playing the same map in SP at the same time and it makes no sense, sure there will be some competition who survives etc, but we have leaderboards for that.
And if you really want to play with your friend that way. get on skype/vent/TS/VoIP play and scream!

Khalenth
10-08-2011, 07:51 PM
This game it's the same to torchlight, is a great game and nice price, buuuuuuuut ,i have no multiplayer.

It's perfect for mode "horde" then Gears of War 3 .

Quixot
10-09-2011, 01:52 AM
I'll sign, but simply because this game is so awesome that it seems a shame to not revel in the slaughter as a group.

Grimlar
10-09-2011, 03:36 AM
/signed
Id love to see coop multiplayer, but whether that would be worth doing as a dlc pack for this game or a (reasonably priced, quick to release) sequel Im not really sure. So many people seem to have it in for paid for DLC, an actual sequel/expansion might be a better idea.

The other DLC I'd love to see, as mentioned by Total Biscuit in his video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqRcgaZnxh4) is a Dungeon Keeper/Evil Lord style version of the game with the bad guys defending and knights etc attacking. It seems to me that a fair bit of the fun here is in the characterisation and humour. Replaying a level to get a better score is practically a given so even just a simple reskin would work ok, although obviously new units & new traps would be better.

There seem to be a lot of possible ways to take this game ie different genres to parody. (ie Star Wars re-skin? Hordes of attacking bots/stormtroopers?) Heres hoping we get to see a few more.

Kudos to Robot.

dremond
10-09-2011, 04:11 AM
I REALLY hope this will be added.

MorgenS
10-09-2011, 06:11 AM
/signed

Yes!!! Give us MORE orcs to kill with our friends together! :E

Madwizz
10-09-2011, 07:19 AM
/signed

Dr0W
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Signed!

lostcee
10-09-2011, 08:49 AM
/signed

its 2012 baby, how can it be only single ?

raistand
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
/signed

DarthHalo2
10-09-2011, 11:55 AM
/signed

andrix10
10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
would be totaly awesome

Vustom
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Agreed, this would be awesome. :D

voidfox
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I've pre-ordered the game based on what it currently offers at release.

However, I'm always down for some co-op.

/signed

Metro
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
It's not happening. The developers have said it isn't feasible.

TcoNL
10-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Buying the game and hoping for co-op in part 2 is the best thing you can do.

SixOkay
10-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Unfortunately, going from 100 to 400 orcs on-screen at the same time all under the effect of 4x as many traps (many of which are physics traps) is not "easy" to do. There's huge performance implications in making a move like that. We're shoving a TON of enemies on screen at any given time, and it's never as simple as just adding a 4x multiplier and hoping for the best. If that were the case, then all of your favorite MP games could just press a button and suddenly go from having 24 players to 96. The reason they don't is because that type of change, as I've said before, doesn't come for free.

krillelille
10-10-2011, 08:05 AM
/signed

SapientWolf
10-10-2011, 02:11 PM
It's not happening. The developers have said it isn't feasible.
If Orcs Must Die sells well then Orcs Must Die 2 will probably have multiplayer. If it doesn't sell then there probably won't be an Orcs Must Die 2.

Nick1021
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll get it if it has co-op.

Askjosh
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM
everyone just buy the game and support them. multiplayer will probably be released later on as an expansion or as a separate game. either way it wont happen if they don't make enough off of the first game to cover the expenses needed to pay for the development costs. like they said coding in multiplayer is not free or easy.

Taineract
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Yup. Would probably only buy this game if it had co-op.

Just put a small multiplier (1.2x?) on the money per person per kill, and pool the cash. Also put something like a 1.5-1.8x health modifier for the orcs.

Yeah yeah, I know its a lot more complicated than that... write the net code from scratch etc. Still.... think about it for DLC or a patch in the future or something. I'd probably pay for it if it were a 5$ dlc or something, in addition to the game.

Askjosh
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Yup. Would probably only buy this game if it had co-op.

Just put a small multiplier (1.2x?) on the money per person per kill, and pool the cash. Also put something like a 1.5-1.8x health modifier for the orcs.

Yeah yeah, I know its a lot more complicated than that... write the net code from scratch etc. Still.... think about it for DLC or a patch in the future or something. I'd probably pay for it if it were a 5$ dlc or something, in addition to the game.

if everyone said that they would wait for the game to have co-op before they purchased it then we would never have co-op. Just buy the game and support them. its a blast even if your only playing it by yourself.

Metro
10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
If Orcs Must Die sells well then Orcs Must Die 2 will probably have multiplayer. If it doesn't sell then there probably won't be an Orcs Must Die 2.

And that in no way changes my statement that a multiplayer DLC isn't happening. A sequel is another story. People crying about no co-op just need to deal with it and move on. I'm in my thirties so I remember a time before the internet and when games didn't have co-op. Shocking, I know. Single player games, even single player tower defense games can still be fun and worthwhile without co-op.

darks
10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Same here, This game demands Coop. Its just too damn much fun to be playing it alone.

/Signed!!!!

brod
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Not every game needs coop.

/notsigned

Immortal D
10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I too am in favor of coop, but not if I have to pay extra as DLC :(

Dedlok
10-10-2011, 08:31 PM
/signed

kJorz
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
/signed

xTeeter
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
/signed

even if it has to be a standalone game. i'd drop another $15 for more maps/setting + co-op down the line.

Brahlam
10-11-2011, 03:35 AM
/signed

even if it has to be a standalone game. i'd drop another $15 for more maps/setting + co-op down the line.

Me too! :)

/Signed

djwarfield
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
/signed

Sam_killer_UA
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
/signed
Also, I can't download game. I'm the only one?

tinwai
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
/signed
Also, I can't download game. I'm the only one?

restart steam

edit: /signed

j3ff86
10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Multiplayer should've been a day 1 design decision..

piggin
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I love the game how it is. I really don't get people saying stuff like "I will only buy it once it becomes co-op". Quite frankly the game is really enjoyable single player. Don't get me wrong, I would also like co-op but I think the game is great as it is.

Lazerus_reborn
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Kind of annoying the crap-fest you guys are causing. It's a single player game, it was built for single player game-play and most of you think you can throw a patch on to fix that.

Sure well wishes and great advice for there next game, but i don't see any of you stepping up to the plate to fund and dedicate time onto a Full conversion. Basically unless you have something productive to 'help the cause' (as someone put it), be quiet, enjoy a very well made game and stop complaining. It clearly says its a single player game and that's what your paying for. You can scream, moan and boycott all you want but honestly i couldn't care less since I'm about to start massacring Orc's.

NC37
10-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Lets make sure there is only 1 thread for this. Since this has the most, lets make it official /signing for multiplayer thread.

socharis
10-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't think any of you have realized that this topic will avail you nothing. It will not happen. They've even gone as far as to detail why.

If they did decide to, it would take months of development and beta testing.

ScullZomBeN
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I have 6 friends who aren't buying this because of no MP.

/singed.

Lemming Jesus
10-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Considering the fact they told us it was too hard to allow us to configure controls, multiplayer would have been a disaster. With the mouse acceleration I have to be real careful about moving my mouse when I turn around, as the game spins my view 360 degrees if I move too fast for it. It's too bad this game turned out to be just another tower defense clone.

Zekail
10-12-2011, 01:38 AM

and you did a wonderful job congratulations and thank you, loved the game but having one hell of a hard time on nightmare mode lol

Wildcolt
10-12-2011, 03:02 AM
So I've got a question for ya six...

We know you're not going to patch in a base-level co-op, but is there any chance that a Co-Op DLC will be seen(preferably not the...smartbutt way..."yea there's a chance! we're 5 9s sure it's not going to happen but hey! If you're willing to fund it and give us the people we'll make it happen!")?

And I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand, but somewhat related to the above question, do you believe new features will come with future dlc or will it just be more levels/traps/spells/guardians/outfits/etc(which I suppose I shouldn't use "just")?

Mindplay
10-12-2011, 03:05 AM
I will buy this as soon as multi-player features are included.

That's a promise and should be something in every game.... seriously we are more connected then ever and games neglect multi-player too often.

Rulkiewicz
10-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I would buy this instantly if it had multiplayer.

Mad hatters
10-12-2011, 07:07 AM
yeah multiplayer on this would be really nice :)
also
/signed

SixOkay
10-12-2011, 07:56 AM
So I've got a question for ya six...

We know you're not going to patch in a base-level co-op, but is there any chance that a Co-Op DLC will be seen(preferably not the...smartbutt way..."yea there's a chance! we're 5 9s sure it's not going to happen but hey! If you're willing to fund it and give us the people we'll make it happen!")?

And I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand, but somewhat related to the above question, do you believe new features will come with future dlc or will it just be more levels/traps/spells/guardians/outfits/etc(which I suppose I shouldn't use "just")?

Right now there are no plans to add Co-Op to Orcs Must Die!, and given the significant investment that would be, I'm not seeing that changing. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but yeah... if the game is an insane smash hit, things certainly look different for us and we have more opportunity to explore those options. But right now it's not on the table. I've tried to be honest about that from the get-go with you guys.

As for other DLC... we have nothing to announce at this time.

Hellstrong
10-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Right now there are no plans to add Co-Op to Orcs Must Die!, and given the significant investment that would be, I'm not seeing that changing. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but yeah... if the game is an insane smash hit, things certainly look different for us and we have more opportunity to explore those options. But right now it's not on the table. I've tried to be honest about that from the get-go with you guys.

As for other DLC... we have nothing to announce at this time.Tbh i think most of us "signing" already know (you said it a few times) and i think most of us are fine with how the game is, still its wanted feature though, so yea /signed!
PS: must say though, no coop kinda did make the leaderboard a big thing in this game and gave it a somewhat competitive feature, nicely played.

SixOkay
10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey, I've got no issues with you guys saying that you want Co-Op or MP. It's a compliment, as far as I'm concerned. As I said above, if you see enough greatness in the game that it's left you wanting even more, then I feel like we've probably done our jobs.

And yes, we knew that the leaderboards would be a big deal for folks, that's why our guys spent time making the scoring system pretty granular - you can literally beat your friends by just a handful of points if you play slightly faster than them.

Wizzler
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
+1 for coop-action.

/signed

saucex4
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
@SixOkay

I tried the demo today and was very impressed by the simple, but good UI design, the pacing of the game, and just how plain fun it was.

That being said I cannot see myself putting in $15 for this particular style of game in today's market without cooperative play.

Sanctum (another tower defense game), is in my opinion not as good as Orcs in terms of pacing, and overall fun; however, I purchased it because it had cooperative play. Being able to play with your friends on steam is great. I now almost exclusively buy games that have coop, and have to go through great consideration if they do not. Also for a game like sanctum that has co op I recommend it to anyone interested and if they are interested in the genre they purchase it because they can play with me or their other buddies.

It's very unfortunate that your studio was not able to accommodate 2-4 player coop, as I feel that this game would have reached a MUCH WIDER audience. I can't buy this game due to the sole reason it does not have coop, and it is sad that I cannot enjoy it. Perhaps next time you develop a game like this you will keep cooperative play in mind as a must in your design plan. If the mechanics of your future release + coop are as good as orcs, then I would definitely buy it, along with a lot of my friends.

Good luck on your future endeavors

Sincerely

paischu
10-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Ye, but still why do you request it as DLC ?
I think it should be given in a free Update ! Don't think I'm greedy or anything, I buy 150€ worth of games every month but I despise the DLC System..

kozgal
10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
/signed

would be freaking amazing with co-op!

BGH122
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe more Obnoxious war mages will annoy the orcs to death.
/signed

Or perhaps the dead master and the pupil together again? Some kind of prequel, or endless mode with Co-Op?

/signed

As for other DLC... we have nothing to announce at this time.

Cheers for the update.

prozac79
10-12-2011, 01:56 PM
/signed.

Darkenmal
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Only way im buying it is if there is co-op.

Specopsg
10-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Why do all games need multiplayer?

lordmagnet
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Build another Orcs Must Die! (the sequel?) with co-op / Multiplayer and I'll gladly shell out another $15 or more for it. Until then, I'm enjoying this game, which was well worth the price.

mynameiszach
10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
/signed
so much damn potential! i'll pay for that

Mad hatters
10-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Why do all games need multiplayer?

well multiplayer often adds a significant amount of playtime to games, and working on a strat with taking the right towers between folks is kinda fun.
For instance sanctum (another tower defence game) has a divide where the player can only pick X number of towers with another player they can cover all the towers, but of course the mobs are harder to kill.

TcoNL
10-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Again this topic has very little use, mainly the signing part. They are already aware of it and it simply aint happening.

At least with this game. The more people that buy it the more chance there is for a sequel with co-op. Just like Torchlight.

Just go to your forums and make a topic about the game including screens, movies etc and put it in your signature.

Be sure to use the interactive trailer there is on youtube. Pretty fun one.

HellGuy
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
/singed
It would be epic.

engineer123
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
signed.

4-player Coop please!!!

saucex4
10-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Just to note, a game called Dungeon Defenders (a game a little bit cheaper than OMD) looks to have put in 4 player co op, cross platform even. Even though OMD looks more fun, I definitely have to consider this game over OMD simply because of co op play. The economics of this game are different of course; however, I feel that your game could have reached a new level of potential if it had coop. It is very unfortunate your studio did not consider coop as a standard :(

Archeus009
10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
/signed

This game would be a legend with multiplayer in it. It is already a fantastic game, but...

miketheclerk
10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh I hope they make a multiplayer DLC! THe game just seems unfinished atm.

Chrizzel
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
/Signed

jimmywolf
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
the game they made is good don't be greedy an say if they can't do this or that am not buying ..... how do you think sequel are made with things you want if you don't support the original game??? MP sound fun an would be nice addition but the game is good as is

darkdave3000
10-14-2011, 07:36 PM
/signed

get to work you ♥♥♥♥♥♥ lazy programmers , and make it a free patch not sequel!

rottz
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I bought the game cause I thought that *OBVIOUSLY* it would be multiplayer. I was wrong. The game is fun, tho, but it will get boring fast without a multiplayer option.

darkdave3000
10-15-2011, 03:05 AM
So true!

By the way, I am seeing green squares on my apartment walls with spear holes in them... i think my subconcious mind is flooded after finishing the game in half a day. Would be nice to be able to share the experience in real time with other sentient beings :)

I bought the game cause I thought that *OBVIOUSLY* it would be multiplayer. I was wrong. The game is fun, tho, but it will get boring fast without a multiplayer option.

Vanguard7
10-15-2011, 04:01 AM
I would love coop and I think this game would lend itself to coop very well indeed. However I think the Devs made the right move to leave it out, they wanted a project that could be done in a year and then pay off the bills. These guys are Indie that means no publisher has sent them a blank cheque to pay them during the development stage, they had to pay that themselves.

Now they have a great polished single player game at a excellent price and I strongly suggest you buy it. It's time they got paid for giving us a great game, you do realise they have been living on crisps and fizzy pop for a year!

Once the game is patched with CUSTOM CONTROLS :o and the sales settle down and the celebrations of creating a game better than 99% of mainstream games that have been released over the last 5 years, then they can start a meeting about coop integration.

Lets be honest, coop has to be done for this game, I can't think of a game more suited to it than this and I for one think it would be a HUGE hit.

So thanks for the game, this is what happens when gamers make games without the pressure of greedy corporate suits. LONG LIVE INDIE!

MasterOfTheTide
10-15-2011, 12:21 PM
co-op would put the icing on the cake for me :)

kozzy420
10-15-2011, 12:45 PM
This game is fantastic as is but yes some coop with a friends would be AMAZING.

Please make it happen :D
I would buy my cousin a copy ASAP of this game if we could do coop together.

Exile001
10-16-2011, 08:47 AM
/Signed

Deffo want co-op and survival!

burb2500
10-17-2011, 12:46 AM
/signed

Love the game as is, but could imagine that it would be fun with multiplayer. I wouldn't hold my breath though, the cost of designing and balancing would likely make it to expensive as a DLC, but we could see it implemented into a sequel.

brataccas
10-17-2011, 04:04 AM
/signed

Omer1000
10-17-2011, 09:22 AM
i dont think i need a reason to say why this game need multiplayer

/signed

NiVoXE
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
/signed

Multiplayer would be awesome, I can understand the developers would have to give in extra work for almost no price.
But it would really add to the game and help promote it to friends and couples resulting in even more sales.

TcoNL
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
You can stop signing people.... they already understand the idea and it simply won't come for part 1. Just hope for a part 2.

treboriks
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
anyway, i still /sign for multiplayer mode, but along to this suggestion, how about a map builder?

I am not that far in the game, but the levels seem to constist of nealry the same pices, so i think it should not be too hard to implement something like a simple custom map mode. So even if the devs get out of ideas, how to design multiplayer maps, which might be quite exhausting, i think, i bet there are many people, who got some nice competitive ideas.

An other idea for multiplayer mode might be, that you can spend money not only for traps, but between the rounds, you spend money to spawn more enemies for the oposite team. IF there will be a multiplayer mode and IF it will also be not coop only but versus mode also.

PS: orc slayer custume is available now and i love it!

Like.A.Boss
10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Signed.

Sysjack
10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I will buy this when MP is implemented. Until then I am sticking with Sanctum.

kJorz
10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
/signed

Hootie00
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM

I think it's admirable that you guys created such a great game in such a time frame.

I don't really understand the desperation I'm feeling from this thread. It's almost as if you guys just assumed this game would be co-op even though it was never implied to be so.

Yes co-op would be awesome, I'm not denying that. Just the whole entitlement issue I see with gamers at large, and in this very thread, grates with me.

Keep it a request, not a demand.

Cloymax
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
/signed.
Versus not needed though imo.

but
"I feel multiplayer or coop should be a must for almost every game."
makes me want to kill people.

miketheclerk
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
You know what I would love in this game?

Multiplayer!:)

EightDrunkGods
10-24-2011, 11:33 AM
/signed
The old warmage model would be cool. Maybe they could do a "prequel" mini-campaign with both warmages (before the old guy slipped and fell).

You would have arrange the Spell/weapon slots up such that the players could have the same weapon (i.e. both could have the crossbow or fire bracers or w/e). Not sure what you would do with the traps. Could let both people have the same trap spells equipped, could force them to have same trap spells equipped (limits trap-types available to the team), could let them pick entirely different trap spells and, thus, have access to most of the traps.

Mike JezZ
10-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Uhm dont we have Dungeon Defenders for MP?

Tulipopa
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM

While DD is in the same genre, it doesn't make it the same game. I personally like OMD better, because the gameplay is more fluid, more intense and more enjoyable overall. Most importantly, OMD has fair difficulty unlike DD. In DD the level is really easy until you reach the last wave and in that last wave, the enemies usually completely destroys your defenses and cores.

Mike JezZ
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I thought about buying this game, but isnt it played better on a console?

mondoz
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM

DD isn't any fun.

Mike JezZ
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Will there be MP? Or is just something we hope?

Ric666
10-25-2011, 02:18 AM

Well if you guys make it, we promise to buy it!!

Deal??? :D

Jag Gentleman
10-25-2011, 04:01 AM
In DD the level is really easy until you reach the last wave and in that last wave, the enemies usually completely destroys your defenses and cores.

I agree with that, but in Twin Halls on nightmare, that happens to me. Nothing in the first waves, and in the end one.... OGRES, GNOLLS!!!

yttr1um
10-25-2011, 12:50 PM
/signed

tjs2132
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
/signed!

I would pay money for the DLC if required. Co-operative mode would be incredible, as I could slay orcs with my brother/friends all day long.

Rage0101
10-26-2011, 05:55 AM
I was only a few levels into the game and absolutely fell in love with it when i thought it would be even more awesome if it had coop and some kind of vs multiplayer! I would definitely get a multiplayer dlc if they devs released one.

/signed

darkdave3000
10-27-2011, 02:48 AM
What if we just hack the game so it becomes multiplayer?

Jag Gentleman
10-27-2011, 02:48 AM
What if we just hack the game so it becomes multiplayer?

Because no everybody know how to change an entire game.