PDA

View Full Version : Help-Rubber banding!

LeethalLeeUK
10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello,I seem to be having odd visual rubber banding-latency issues,with opponents cars,appearing disappearing a lot of the time.It appears visually to be a latency issue(but my net connection is good and strong).The weird thing is when I host the others in game say all is running sweet-it is only me who is having the problems,making the game unplayable.
Are there ports that need to be allowed etc?
My PC is up to date-Windows 7 asus p5kc,q9550,ati hd5850,4gig ram.All drivers,etc are up to date.
Any ideas?because I am stuck!
Cheers.

Pam_Producer
10-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello,I seem to be having odd visual rubber banding-latency issues,with opponents cars,appearing disappearing a lot of the time.It appears visually to be a latency issue(but my net connection is good and strong).The weird thing is when I host the others in game say all is running sweet-it is only me who is having the problems,making the game unplayable.
Are there ports that need to be allowed etc?
My PC is up to date-Windows 7 asus p5kc,q9550,ati hd5850,4gig ram.All drivers,etc are up to date.
Any ideas?because I am stuck!
Cheers.

When the game starts, make sure that no large files are downloaded from the Internet. Deactivate Firewall and all other applications that may use a lot of memory. If you join hosts with low Internet connection them you will see their vehicles move jerkily. This is the problem of their Internet connection.

LeethalLeeUK
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Thank you for your reply-I am still having no joy.
I have reluctantly disabled my firewall and antivirus whilst playing and it has not helped.The bandwidth being used on my pc for the game is low-so thats not the problem.First game I went into-the start countdown even hangs and lags-then race starts and I can look back at others still twitching on the start line!Most frustrating,I have no problems with hosting and playing any other games at the moment.
What PORTS does PAM use-so that I can forward these through my router.
Thank you.

LeethalLeeUK
10-09-2011, 08:52 AM
I think I may have solved this after much fiddling.My connection settings within Steam were set incorrectly to 256k,I have adjusted them and all seems better for now.It did not show in other games though-strange.