PDA

View Full Version : "If you go and jam your face into a wall, the textures are gonna be blurry"

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28&t=46m

Can't say he didn't warn you. Unique textures are worth the loss, that's just my opinion.

Cloud8521
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Can't say he didn't warn you. Unique textures are worth the loss, that's just my opinion.

your opinion can go back in your mouth

UOGSammich
10-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Again, these comments of his reflect the console versions that are working properly.

And what he describes about "walking into town backwards then spinning as fast as you can" is grossly exaggerated. He's only trying to validate himself while covering the company legally. I wouldn't care if the digital readout on a pump was occasionally blurry, or I couldn't see the numbers on a telephone, but have you seen PC footage at all?

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Again, these comments of his reflect the console versions that are working properly.

And what he describes about "walking into town backwards then spinning as fast as you can" is grossly exaggerated. He's only trying to validate himself while covering the company legally. I wouldn't care if the digital readout on a pump was occasionally blurry, or I couldn't see the numbers on a telephone, but have you seen PC footage at all?

The severe texture popping is all attributable to the folder issue or driver issues.

Cloud8521
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
The severe texture popping is all attributable to the folder issue or driver issues.

so its happening to everyone because every driver sucks

Graveslave
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM

this was my warning.
http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=23760

the game doesn't into megatextures.

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Blame the victim again? It must be our fault. Id can never screw up, right?

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:24 PM
so its happening to everyone because every driver sucks

Some people aren't having the issue, Nvidia and AMD have slacked on their drivers.

Blame the victim again? It must be our fault. Id can never screw up, right?

Not your fault at all, it's the GPU manufacturers' faults for not following opengl spec.

Cloud8521
10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Some people aren't having the issue, Nvidia and AMD have slacked on their drivers.

Not your fault at all, it's the GPU manufacturers' faults for not following opengl spec.

not everyone is having the issue, but both companies where everyone gets their cards have bad drivers, therefore everyone should have them

Feed_Bucket
10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Usually we have Vaseline lacquer Dof and motion blur to cover the ms paint textures.

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
not everyone is having the issue, but both companies where everyone gets their cards have bad drivers, therefore everyone should have them

Different cards handle drivers differently.

Hell, everything about your system can affect that.

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
There also seems to be an issue with the autodetection of available memory causing blurry textures on some computers. Should be a console command for that somewhere, try looking around.

jim2point0
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Erm no... texture popping is attributable to HOW THE ENGINE WAS CODED. It was DESIGNED to do this to save performance on consoles. You don't notice it on consoles because you can't look around that fast with a controller. They did not alter the texture loading (or unloading) on PC AT ALL. It is the same for consoles... only worse looking on PC because you can look around much more quickly with a mouse.

install gentoo
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Erm no... texture popping is attributable to HOW THE ENGINE WAS CODED. It was DESIGNED to do this to save performance on consoles. You don't notice it on consoles because you can't look around that fast with a controller. They did not alter the texture loading (or unloading) on PC AT ALL. It is the same for consoles... only worse looking on PC because you can look around much more quickly with a mouse.

Megatextures require texture streaming. Texture streaming works perfectly fine on drivers that follow spec and on a stable system.