PDA

View Full Version : OMD! - Web Stats & Leaderboards

SixOkay
10-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey Everyone!

Check out the update we just did to RobotEntertainment.com to support Orcs Must Die!

McGlu, our web programmer, just pushed live the My Games, Connections, and OMD! Stats and Leaderboard updates to the website. If you have a moment, go check it out. Make sure that you're logged into the site, and on your profile you'll see a couple new tabs - My Games and Connections. Much of this won't really kick into gear until the game is publicly available on the 12th, but here's the full run-down of what's new on the site.

My Games - From here, we can show you which Robot Entertainment games you own, and if you don't own any, we can give you handy links to go buy them. Right now this is just showing Steam OMD!, but soon we'll have it showing XBLA OMD! You can also look at your friend's profiles to see what Robot games they have.

Connections - From the Connections tab, you can connect your Steam account to your Robot account. By doing this, we can show that you own OMD!, and we can also use this connection to populate your stats into the OMD! website. You'll notice after you buy OMD! on Steam and connect your Steam account that you will be able to jump straight from My Games to your OMD! Stats and see how you're progressing. McGlu also hooked up an awesome Steam Achievement to this connection. If you connect your account, you get an Orcs Must Die! Achievement on Steam that your friends can see and be in awe of. Go do it now, it's awesome! In the future, this will also have an area to connect your Xbox LIVE account so we can pull some data from that version of the game as well.

Steam Stats - Once you've bought OMD! on PC and connected your Steam account, you can view all of your OMD! stats on the OrcsMustDie.com page. We pull in everything from your skulls, your scores, total orc kills. It's pretty comprehensive. Check out my recently wiped stats page here (http://www.robotentertainment.com/user/SixOkay/mygames/orcsmustdie/steam) and click on the "My Stats" button in the right menu to view your own! This may look a little odd until numbers start flowing in, so give it some time.

Leaderboards - In the main right hand menu of OrcsMustDie.com there's also now a Leaderboards button. This will show you... wait for it... the Leaderboards for OMD! Again, as these start to get populated by reviewers and eventually public players, things will look a bit more normal. Until then, bear with the empty boards for a few days, please.

Head to your profile now to kick the tires on the new features and let us know what you think!

Lurpsukka
10-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Pre-ordered and connected the accounts but the game shows as grey in my account. Is it because of the pre-order? Will it change later on when we get the game?

k177sh0t
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Aren't PC game leader boards prone to hacking?

Correct me if im wrong

which is likely

SixOkay
10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Pre-ordered and connected the accounts but the game shows as grey in my account. Is it because of the pre-order? Will it change later on when we get the game?

Yeah, it won't show as "owned" until the actual release.

SixOkay
10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Aren't PC game leader boards prone to hacking?

Correct me if im wrong

which is likely

We're trying not to let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. If that happens, we'll have to deal with it, but the possibility of it happening is no reason to tell everyone that they're SOL.

Grimlar
10-07-2011, 10:24 AM
You may want to check the leaderboards now then.

The overall kills leaderboard is currently headed by two entries that seem a little unlikely, 13,370,122 & 201,413 and the top score for the corner is 10,690,432.

According to the leaderboards in game on the demo anyway.

(My apologies of course if any of these scores has been produced by one of your testers/developers.)

SixOkay
10-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Yep, we spotted that. And removed it. Looking into that one as well.

The scores in the millions are definitely not real, but you'd be surprised how high some of our 'Bots can score ;)

komanko
10-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Not to be a pain in the ♥♥♥ but its not a good beginning if already in the demo stage the leaderboards are being hacked :P

On another hand, its pretty pathetic that people actually go through the trouble to hack a leaderboard of a freaking demo, god! Can't you do anything by yourself? That's pretty damn sad. Can never understand hackers...

pingchecker
10-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Is there any kinda guide on how scoring actually works. lemme copy my post from another thread.
I see people scoring 50k on first lvl where my best is 26k

Just wondering what determines the score, maybe that is something you guys can implement into this game. EI :

Accuracy = 80% = 7k score
Time 3 Mins = 95% = 10k score

If anyone knows how score is calculated can you plz post. Thanks.

SixOkay
10-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Not to be a pain in the ♥♥♥ but its not a good beginning if already in the demo stage the leaderboards are being hacked :P

On another hand, its pretty pathetic that people actually go through the trouble to hack a leaderboard of a freaking demo, god! Can't you do anything by yourself? That's pretty damn sad. Can never understand hackers...

Well, the good thing about it happening in the demo is that we can get an early start on tracking and dealing with it. Now we know what's coming ;)

Is there any kinda guide on how scoring actually works. lemme copy my post from another thread.

There's nothing posted yet, but I am going to have one of our designers write up a blog on it. I want to let people dive into the Steam version of the game first, though.

Szt_eltviz
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
When and where can we see the big counter of dead orcs? i mean the total that counts to 250 million kills.

Wildcolt
10-12-2011, 02:49 AM
When and where can we see the big counter of dead orcs? i mean the total that counts to 250 million kills.

You mean like total between all players or just your personal?

--Sidenote and my own question: Will we ever see more indepth stats? Like # of kills by x trap for example? Favorite trap: y, z placements. etc?

Ohyea....and why so few achievements? D:
<---Major achievement.....um....thing....with the money....and the backside....and the many times.....you know....5 pink hearts xP

Szt_eltviz
10-12-2011, 04:41 AM
All players total, preferably a running clock style like World Population (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/).

You can check your killcount on the RE webpage, under my games, steam stats.

SixOkay
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
All players total, preferably a running clock style like World Population (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/).

You can check your killcount on the RE webpage, under my games, steam stats.

We actually had the page built to do this, but there are some technical issues beyond our control that are preventing us from having that data for the web. I'm going to be doing what I can to post updates on the kill amount on our twitter feed, for what it's worth (@OrcsMustDie)

s1234567890m
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
heads up runners alley got a million high score

Szt_eltviz
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Thx, 51,275,631 already that's insane! :D

Chadwick
10-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Your website is cool, but is it intended that we aren't able to see our achievements on our Steam profiles like other games?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/viewstats.jpg/

SixOkay
10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
heads up runners alley got a million high score

Gone. Sorry about the delay. Thanks for the heads up.

Lurpsukka
10-14-2011, 05:39 AM
It hasn't linked my Steam account and says I need to buy the game. I linked it before the release.

Steam Connection

You are connected as .

That's what it says on my profile.

EDIT: It works now.

2fast4u34521
10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Is it right, that only the last result and not the best will be shown up at the leaderboard? On the corner I was placed at 49. After testing something I was only at 467 and my over 100k Score was gone. So only the last will be saved? The best should be saved imao!

SixOkay
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Um, it should be updating with only the BEST score. I'll note this and send to the devs to look into. Thanks!

SixOkay
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
It hasn't linked my Steam account and says I need to buy the game. I linked it before the release.

Steam Connection

You are connected as .

That's what it says on my profile.

EDIT: It works now.

Glad you got it working. Sorry about the mess.

2fast4u34521
10-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Um, it should be updating with only the BEST score. I'll note this and send to the devs to look into. Thanks!

Oh no, it works as it should. I looked it up todays morning and its al right.

SixOkay
10-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh no, it works as it should. I looked it up todays morning and its al right.

Ah, okay. Removing that from the list. Thanks for the update!

zarakon
11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
your site's password requirements are silly

refer to http://xkcd.com/936/

nrnoble
11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
your site's password requirements are silly

refer to http://xkcd.com/936/

LOL.... and I agree. I have a pretty damn good secure password format that is accepted on 99.99% of forums, and it was rejected by the site as being too insecure and not containing broad range of characters. I was beginning to wonder if was expecting me to include Chinese characters.... :)

As someone who works in the software business, I have seen more than once Admins\Engineers falling too in love with complexity and not concerned with the user experience.

McGlu
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Actually, the password validation box on that page is simply giving recommendations. Those aren't enforced rules. You can enter any password that you like.

nrnoble
12-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Are the top three Leaderboard scores legitimate: Runner's Alley (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/630733235470604105/293BF1A8D6DA0D3B77B62E10187DD933F48839DF/)?

And what are the repercussions for those caught cheating? I hope their scores are not only removed, but their account is banned from all the OMD leaderboards.

Thx! :)

nrnoble
12-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Suggestion for Leaderboards: Include date of score.

nrnoble
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
More suggestions for leaderboards:

Search function for looking up individuals.
Jump to a score or to a ranking
Examples:

If I want to know what score it takes to break the top 250, its not easy to make the determination without scrolling through pages and pages.
I might want to look up players who are not currently on my friends list.

SixOkay
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
More suggestions for leaderboards:

Search function for looking up individuals.
Jump to a score or to a ranking
Examples:

If I want to know what score it takes to break the top 250, its not easy to make the determination without scrolling through pages and pages.
I might want to look up players who are not currently on my friends list.

Thanks for the suggestions!

nrnoble
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Top 9 players of the Overpass (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/630733235508288008/4EFA2B6994A57B3780125FA89B7A6AC8A9A155B2/)

I'm never going to be in the top 10 of any of the leaderboards, but I am still decent enough that any player that is more than 100x better my personal best has an inflated score. :)

nrnoble
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Suggestion: It would be cool if we could click on a player listed on the Leaderboard and see the stats for that score; basically something like the stats that are shown to the player after a chamber has been successfully defended.

.... So when when a new gamer jumps to the #1 ranking with a score of 897,426,792 on "The Hallway", other players can checkout the stats to see how that player achieved a score that is realistically impossible. :)

xboxHowdyDoody
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Suggestion: It would be cool if we could click on a player listed on the Leaderboard and see the stats for that score; basically something like the stats that are shown to the player after a chamber has been successfully defended.

.... So when when a new gamer jumps to the #1 ranking with a score of 897,426,792 on "The Hallway", other players can checkout the stats to see how that player achieved a score that is realistically impossible. :)

That's a great idea.

DeathTripp
12-20-2011, 01:26 AM
I just bought the game and I'm having a lot of fun. I really do hope these developers will keep watch over their "leaderboards". I noticed on Overpass a player named superjeep3 is wayyyyyyyy out of line; though I don't expect them to be all over it at this time of season. Another thing, I hope they will at least maintain the leaderboards for a good amount of time.

jakethief
12-24-2011, 03:10 AM
The top score for the very first level, The Hallway, is over 48 million. ♥♥♥♥ing fantastic.

Sentient6
01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty damn sure the #1 guy on the leaderboards hacked his way to the top.. I mean his scores are in tens or hundreds of millions, while the second place rarely break the 500K mark. And it's always the same guy. Shouldn't the dev do something about it?

hughesjass
01-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Bug: my stats (here (http://www.robotentertainment.com/user/hughesjass/mygames/orcsmustdie/steam)) seem to be missing the scores for two levels, "Lunch Break" and "The Arena" ; I think this has happened when I originally linked my OMD page to my Steam page (sometime before I finished Act 2)