PDA

View Full Version : Reviews are showing to be a pretty awesome game...

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
IGN's teamXbox gives it a 9.5/10

Game Informer gives a 9/10

The Escapist a 4.5 out of 5

Computer and video games (CVG) gives a impressive 8.9/10

DigitalTrends gives a 9/10, honoring the length of the game and content

IGN ironically, unlike their teamXbox division, gives it a great score 8.5/10 for ps3, giving it their editors choice award (and they are hard to impress, lol)

RipTen gaming gives it 9.5/10

UGO gives it a fantastic "A-" score

EGM.com (electronicgamingmonthly) praises RAGE and delivers a 9.5/10

1up.com give it a very nice "B" score

3dJuegos gives it a strong 91/100

Spanish gaming behemoth Maristation.com gives it a 9/10

Machinimas "insidegaming" portal gives it a 90/100

Ausgamers gives it a 90/100

Gametrailers.com gives a 90/100 as well

IncGamers giving it a 90/100

VoodooExtreme (one of my fav's) gives it another 9.5/10

Attack of the really devoted fan.com gives it a perfect score rating of "Loved it!"

UK's theGuardian gives it a nice 4/5

PushToStart.com gives it a 4.5/5

DigitalSpy gives it another 4/5

TheGamersHubs gives another 4/5

G4tv says its a definite win at 4/5

VideoGameWriters.com says its a definete "must buy"

CNET gives it an "extremely favorable" review

Gamespot gives it a great review at 8/10

Blast gives it a "B"

Gamepro gives a 4/5

VGrevolution gives it a 8.6/10

PC Gamer gives an 84 (and thats with the texture glitches considered, very impressive!)

And though its hard to find a numerical score or star rating on editorial articles, The pittsburgh post gives it a 9/10

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Which one of them actually played the game on a PC?

MushRush66
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM

IGN ironically, unlike their teamXbox division, gives it a great score 8.5/10 for ps3, giving it their editors choice award (and they are hard to impress, lol)

Attack of the really devoted fan.com gives it a perfect score rating of "Loved it!"

Blast gives it a "B"

Gamepro gives a 4/5

PC Gamer gives an 84 (and thats with the texture glitches considered, very impressive!)

And though its hard to find a numerical score or star rating on editorial articles, The pittsburgh post gives it a 9/10

And what has your experience been like so far???...

Feed_Bucket
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
That's swell considering all the reviews are for console.

zen_anarchy
10-04-2011, 01:38 PM

Blast gives it a "B"

Gamepro gives a 4/5

are the scores for Darksouls :D

Timforce
I don't put any weight on reviewers other than actual people instead of paid professionals.

I'd rather here Joe Schmoe's take on RAGE than a reviewers, because, let's be honest. Money exchanges hands. And the only money Joe Schmoe has just went to the game. There's no outside influence on his opinion other than what he's read before hand or gameplay he's seen as compared to actual gameplay.

UOGSammich
"guys, go create a new forums account, proxy in, and post this list of console reviews"

That's exactly what's happening here, let it fall off the front page.

WHITEWASH

Timforce
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM

lolwat?

IGN is as hard to impress as a 3-year old child.

Me: "Look! I got your nose!"

Child: "HOW DID YOU DO THAT!"

Developer: "Look! I got this game here!"

IGN: "OH MY GOD IT'S AWESOME!

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I picked it up on ps3 / 360 / and PC just to get to see the difference in each... console runs like a charm, looks amazing for a console game as well :)

PC edition, other than some texture popping thats and low-res console textures (we were warned about this to begin with by carmack), is pretty slick, but im forutnate enough not to be having too many issues.

I say once nvidia and ATI get these drivers updated due to old OpenGL componets in them causing alot of fuss on rages graphic/crashes situations.. we should be in pretty good shape for PC

I'm thinking id's prolly hard at work trying to get some of the texture matters resolved, so no sweat there either. And if Carmack delivers on that "textutre enhacement" release he was mentioning for PC, from everything I've played today, I'd really think we'd have the best version.

I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 on console, 9 out of 10 on PC until some the glitches get fixed. Very impressive, great content, amazing AI and models, and great gameplay. MP is a blast too!

ImpTaimer
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
That Escapist review is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ until Yahtzee does a review.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I SAY! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

Edit: Apparently steam is aware of british naughty words.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
lolwat?

I'm actually seeing alot of 7.9 scores recently from IGN that deserve better...

Graveslave
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/04/rage-review/

craziplaya21
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/rage-is-the-gamiest-game-that-ever-gamed.ars

Never ever trust sponsored reviews

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 01:47 PM
you produce two negatives, i produce nearly 30 postives...

...something is horribly wrong here....

Console review or not, their measuring gameplay and content.

A little more patience and your PC version will probably runnign just fine come a fix...

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
you produce two negatives, i produce nearly 30 postives...

...something is horribly wrong here....

Console review or not, their measuring gameplay and content.

A little more patience and your PC version will probably runnign just fine come a fix...

Your entire post gives me a headache. Is it too much trouble to use a spell-checker? Firefox does it auto-magically, you know. It actually works! Unlike this POS game.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry, typing so fast... no time for spell check to keep the trolls at bay...

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/rage-is-the-gamiest-game-that-ever-gamed.ars

Interesting that the OP left out a critical review. Whitewash perhaps? LMAO

zen_anarchy
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
irregardless to wether the game is good or bad it is currently a glitchy buggy mess and that is the issue that needs to be addressed ,

some people are having serious problems and don't care if the game is high scoring because a game that gets 9 and doesnt work is no better than a game that gets 7 and doesn't work

#occupyArmadilloAerospace

emperorcleon
10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Interesting that the OP left out a critical review. Whitewash perhaps? LMAO

aww isn't it cute to see fan-boys like op in denial

Obli
10-04-2011, 01:54 PM
No PC review? PC Gamer gave it 84. I feel for you guys with technical problems but not every PC user is experiencing the issues.

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
No PC review? PC Gamer gave it 84. I feel for you guys with technical problems but not every PC user is experiencing the issues.

Don't you dare take away our RAGE! Haven't had this much fun since Dead Island was released.

Graveslave
10-04-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/04/raging-about-rage-pc/

sxz
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, these are console reviews

NSSherlock
10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
LOOOOOOOOOL at IGN

10/10 Graphics
One of the best looking games ever made.

Money talks....even Doom 3 looks better than Rage. The shadows in Rage are static prebaked ♥♥♥♥!

Feed_Bucket
10-04-2011, 02:04 PM

I wouldn't put it pass them to review the 360 version claiming its the PC. :)

RCantw3ll
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
The game is a blast when it works (which it has for me since I installed it). Here is the vid I made to show it working, so that there can be hope for others. The game obviously looks better for me in real time 1080p, without youtube compression or the FRAPs hit, but you can still get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgAC3fPreQ

This next one isnt my vid, but may help some people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryK2PErQQc

Best,

RC3

OurSacrifice
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
You only posted the high scores.

Gamer's Hell - 50
Gaming Age - 58
Joystiq - 60
Strategy Informer - 65
Distructoid - 70

etc...

zen_anarchy
10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
all the early pc reviews where done on id tech inhouse pcs at id studios so as to avoid piracy apparently ,but i would guess also to avoid people seeing what a glitchy mess it was

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Well they're working on that.

I'll admit, the texture issues have me a bit jaded. But I have enough respect for bethesda and id than sit here and cry about it all day when they've already stated over and over they are working on these issues.

Luckily, I can get off my ♥♥♥, go over to my 360, and play it like a dream there while I wait on my PC version to get a fix (thus i know, with the reviews and attention this game got, they will not just drop)

You people keep thinking its a crap console port? No... crap console ports are when it ships to 3 different systems aimlessly, in all hopes it works well on at least one, and just mooch money of that sale while flipping the bird to the others guys and not supporting their systems. Just take money and run.

I see absoultely no indication of that occuring here.

What i do see is people actively working to get our issues resolved. A console has one set of internal components they have to develop for.

our PC's? hundreds of thousands... you didn't really expect a 25gb game to come out and work without a single flaw on 10,000+ diffent types of hardware configurations, did you?

I certainly hope not.

Spiili
10-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Game's worked fine for me since release, and is a blast. What i've mostly seen is people with lower end GPU's expecting to get maximum graphics out of this game. The only problem i've had at all is when I crashed at Mutant Bash TV round 2.

SPUF in a nutshell...
1) New game releases.
2) Many people buy it even though they don't meet required specs.
3) Blame the developers, call game ♥♥♥♥, rant for 2 weeks about how bad game is.
4) Upgrade their computer and play the game.
5) tell everyone that hasn't upgraded yet how awesome the game is, and how they suck
6) Repeat.

Feed_Bucket
10-04-2011, 02:14 PM
The game doesn't seem to be too demanding. I would say most PC gamer enthusiasts have higher-end, capable hardware. Those who don't are currently and blasphemously playing on console.

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Game's worked fine for me since release, and is a blast. What i've mostly seen is people with lower end GPU's expecting to get maximum graphics out of this game.

People with triple SLI rigs and graphics cards more expensive than your car and you call them low end? LMAO. Keep on sucking on that id ♥♥♥.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
wait... they've already discovered theres a driver bug with SLI and this game on some systems... same with crossfire.. some opengl component not registering with multi gpus...

I mean, cant hate for them trying to get this corrected as quickly as possible, can we?

or is a 'hater gonna hate regardless?

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
evrytime I get mad and keep ranting to your responses, UOG, it just keeps bumping this thread up, up up!

and you don't want anyone to see those 30+ awesome reviews, now do you?

be a good troll. Go hide back under your rock.

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
wait... they've already discovered theres a driver bug with SLI and this game on some systems... same with crossfire.. some opengl component not registering with multi gpus...

I mean, cant hate for them trying to get this corrected as quickly as possible, can we?

or is a 'hater gonna hate regardless?

The game is called RAGE.

Also, SLI rigs aren't the only ones to report problems. There's a pretty epic thread at top of forum...

NSSherlock
10-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Game's worked fine for me since release, and is a blast. What i've mostly seen is people with lower end GPU's expecting to get maximum graphics out of this game. The only problem i've had at all is when I crashed at Mutant Bash TV round 2.

You do realise your post is full of FAIL right? Rage doesnt even have graphical settings to tweak.

Feed_Bucket
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I want a game that works when it is released. I want a game that is ready to play when steam says "ready to play, I guess"

Furthermore, I want you to keep getting mad. Keep getting mad kid.

Fixed. :cool:

Graveslave
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
and you don't want anyone to see those 30+ awesome reviews, now do you?

How many are CONSOLE reviews? provide links please.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
i have no honest ideas which are console reviews... these were all the reviews uptil about 11am est this morning that i just googled search for :)

winterforge
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM
lolwat?

Okay, now that was funny :p

emperorcleon
10-04-2011, 02:33 PM
i have no honest ideas which are console reviews... these were all the reviews uptil about 11am est this morning that i just googled search for :)

awww so eager to please ur overloads at id

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
awww so eager to please ur overloads at id

Someone got a discount on Doom4 preorder. lol

Zorlond
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Ya do realize that with the 'reviewer' actually getting his hands on the game, playing it a 'decent' amount (we'd like to think 4+ hours, but it's more likely 10+ minutes), then writing up something reasonably readable, sending it to the editor, having the editor read it over and check it for grammar and spelling and length (and probably to see if the content matches the dev's advertising spending on their site), then sending it over to the website guys to actually put it up on the site with pictures and videos attached (without crashing anybody's browser), that in the end, these reviews had to be written a couple weeks ago?

Seems pretty likely that the reviewer never had his hands on an actual copy, and was simply told what to write.

verkinix
10-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm wary of Bethesda published games. They have a strong and long history of putting out buggy releases that only ever get minorly fixed. Oblivion, FO3, FO:NV, Brink to name a few are games that I quite enjoy, but man, the bugs all too often kill the experience for me. And games like Oblivion and FO3 have been out for a long time and still have core engine bugs that will never get fixed. Thankfully many of those bugs have been fixed via mods, but anytime I've reinstalled Oblivion, I miss something and wind up with the same bugs again and again.

Long story short, I'll see what reviews say about bugs in this game (given the engine looks like the same one used for Oblivion, FO3, etc...) as well as the overall gameplay and such and probably pick it up next year in a GOTY edition with all of the DLCs included that are sure to come out.

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
(snip opinion not supported by any facts)

Keep on making assumptions.

Zorlond
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Keep on making assumptions.

And you'll do likewise, I'm sure.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
game is ♥♥♥♥in awesome... keeps amazing me with all the stuff you keep getting as far as vehicles, weapons, graphics etc...

btw, the ATI driver update is out, alot of folks on bethesda forums are saying its fixing quite a few of the big issues :)

cunnelatio
10-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Actually, yes, every single PC user is experiencing the LOD issues. Some worse than others and mitigated in some cases by low sensitivity/not being a spaz/the user being half blind, but it's there for everyone.

It's even there for the console users but I'm not sure they can turn around fast enough for it to be an issue. It is a part of the engine design.

We're complaining because the game isn't making use of the extra memory PCs have. It's giving us a very distracting experience. We don't mind texture streaming, but it is WAY too pronounced. The lowest LOD should be set much higher than it is.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
once again, they are working on the LOD issues and texture problems as we speak...

I would say let it die with the complaints already, but somehow, the complaining probaly is the reason it's getting it fixed that much sooner, lol.

beavermatic
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know what system the review critics played rage on?

wdcr0ck
10-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know what system the review critics played rage on?

Xbox360

StingingVelvet
10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
1) Console reviews

2) Heavily marketed games get higher scores than they deserve.

Daemeon77
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Ouchie. And Ars hasn't even seen the PC version yet!
Pre-orders and pre-release reviews are a sham. The gaming industry is getting more and more corrupt and incompetent everyday it seems.
Hope the pre-orders got them the money they needed/wanted. What a dissapointing release in all respects.