PDA

View Full Version : Activation code is not working. Help?

callahan09
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Did anybody else have an issue with their activation code not working? I got the game boxed retail today and the code is invalid, unless I am entering incorrectly somehow.

I am entering the 5 by 5 by 3 digit code in the interior of the case under the 3rd disc. Is this correct? (The correct location, and a code in the correct format?)

I have tried with the dashes, without the dashes, replacing possibly mistakable characters with the variant options that it could be instead of what it looks like... Nothing is working. I just want to play my darn game already.

By the way I already put a ticket in with Steam about this issue, but I don't want to wait potentially a full day before I can play it!

callahan09
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow, this forum is moving very fast and nobody even viewed my question...

So... uh... bump?

callahan09
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Somebody please answer me.

Tell me where I can find the code in the box and what format it should look like.
I have a feeling I have a real dilemma here and I didn't even get a correctly formatted code.

IronRinn
10-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't know if you already found your answer, but this happened to me as well. The first time I tried to install I opened Steam, then tried to install the game. At the activation screen I put in my 5 by 5 by 4 digit code and got the same message you got. Canceled the installation and quit Steam. This time I started installation without having Steam open first. This time Rage opened Steam and the activation screen looked different than previously (it had one long space to enter the code, not five, five digit-sized spaces)and when I entered the code in this screen it took it. Maybe this will work for you. Would have posted last night but my forum account hadn't been approved yet.