PDA

View Full Version : 3 screens w/nvidia sli?

trackday
10-05-2011, 05:18 PM
How are you getting 3 screens to work with sli?

2-GTX580 in sli
285.38 driver
win 7

It shows options for 5040x1050, but it crashes the game before it loads. I'm having to set Win 7 screen resolution to 1680 x 1050, then same in game, that's the only way I can get game to run.

abk.420
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
How are you getting 3 screens to work with sli?

2-GTX580 in sli
285.38 driver
win 7

It shows options for 5040x1050, but it crashes the game before it loads. I'm having to set Win 7 screen resolution to 1680 x 1050, then same in game, that's the only way I can get game to run.

Try checking out Matrox TripleHead2Go http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

Run two or three monitors from your laptop or desktop computer
Supports a maximum resolution of 5760x1080 (3x 1920x1080)1, 2 across three monitors; displays attached to TripleHead2Go must run at the same resolution
Supports a maximum resolution of 3840x1200 (2x 1920x1200)2 across two monitors; displays attached to TripleHead2Go must run at the same resolution
Works with LCDs, CRTs and projectors3
Uses your system's existing GPU to deliver a stable platform for office, 3D design, and multimedia applications
Experience Surround Gaming by expanding supported 3D games across three monitors; achieve a much wider in-game field of view
Matrox Bezel Management compensates for monitor bezel gaps to bring realism to gaming and digital signage
Quick and easy to install; there's no need to open the computer case or insert components
Spans taskbar across monitors for easy access to all your open applications
Matrox Clone to view a copy of one display on the other displays (available on TripleHead2Go DP Edition only)
Includes Matrox PowerDesk software to easily manage your desktop configuration
External device that won't void your system warranty
Expand your desktop further and connect a second TripleHead2Go to your graphics hardware to support up to six monitors at a time4
PC and Mac compatible
Available models: TripleHead2Go DisplayPort, TripleHead2Go Digital, and TripleHead2Go Analog Edition5
2-year warranty

HerbHall
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I've seen various threads on the FS/LS forums on the web. The general consensus seems to be that the game engine was developed for lower end PC's and does not include proper support for higher end graphic card (GPU) functions to work properly. The recommended max res I have seen is like 1920x1080 as the Computer CPU is rendering all the graphics. Some higher resolutions are working for some people, but there are reports of serious lag in the game at higher res. Setting the hardware profile in the games options to a lower setting may help. I'd say your solution is what you need to do for this game. You'll have to test it out at various settings till you find the sweet spot for your system.

silv3rshi3ld
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Running this game with SLI without any problems, howerver if it will work with three screens i don't know.