PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of buying

Alphawolf26
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd just like to wonder if this game has any good community, if it's balanced and if tis just a good game.
I'm thinking buying on steam but I just don't want to through away my money so some advice would be good. :D

Miaradz
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Well, it depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to put up with.

It's an FPS with classes, in the vein of TF2 but with more guns, less explosives until end game. It also follows an asymmetric weapons system - one side gets different weapons from the other. Gameplay is fast like in CSS or TF2 and most of the classes are balanced, but we do have some opinions on anomalous balancing here and there. Edit: Forgot, that due to the fact that it's got base building and destruction involved, getting killed 2 seconds outside your spawn by a superior force coming to tear the forward spawn down is a feature and I feel you should be aware of that.

It's a lightweight (at the moment) RTS as well. ND isn't a very forgiving game for the Commander, because you generally have to get it right the first time. However there is immense satisfaction in actually getting it right, or even managing your team well enough to hold a stalemate. There will be content updates in the future for AI and other things as long as sales continue.

For 25 bucks I feel that is a very good game with a refined concept (because as we know it isn't a first in the field of RTS/FPS) and, provided we can keep the community going a keeper.

MaGicBush
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, it depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to put up with.

It's an FPS with classes, in the vein of TF2 but with more guns, less explosives until end game. It also follows an asymmetric weapons system - one side gets different weapons from the other. Gameplay is fast like in CSS or TF2 and most of the classes are balanced, but we do have some opinions on anomalous balancing here and there. Edit: Forgot, that due to the fact that it's got base building and destruction involved, getting killed 2 seconds outside your spawn by a superior force coming to tear the forward spawn down is a feature and I feel you should be aware of that.

Both sides have the exact same guns besides siege, so not sure what your on about. The only difference is siege weapons, which is between lasers and rockets. Consortium has the obvious advantage with the rockets being AOE and doing more damage to buildings. The only advantage with the lasers is sniping, which if your going siege why would you want to use a gun for this?

eyeris
10-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Both sides have the exact same guns besides siege, so not sure what your on about. The only difference is siege weapons, which is between lasers and rockets. Consortium has the obvious advantage with the rockets being AOE and doing more damage to buildings. The only advantage with the lasers is sniping, which if your going siege why would you want to use a gun for this?

F2000 vs Avenger

Swixel
10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Both sides have the exact same guns besides siege, so not sure what your on about. The only difference is siege weapons, which is between lasers and rockets.

Most (if not all?) of the guns are different. If they were the same weapons you wouldn't need the additional data files for the guns.

If you don't believe me, go look at the CTX data.

It's a lightweight (at the moment) RTS as well. ND isn't a very forgiving game for the Commander, because you generally have to get it right the first time. However there is immense satisfaction in actually getting it right, or even managing your team well enough to hold a stalemate. There will be content updates in the future for AI and other things as long as sales continue.

But the vehicles and cappable weapons are going to be awesome...

Miaradz
10-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Actually there are subtle difference to some of the weapons.

But yeah, most major difference is between the Siege kits.

Swixel
10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Actually there are subtle difference to some of the weapons.

But yeah, most major difference is between the Siege kits.

Go look at the CTX data for the Avenger and the F2000. Some of those differences are less than subtle. (e.g. anti-recoil upgrade = .1 on F2000, .85 on the Avenger)

Meatnog
10-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Go look at the CTX data for the Avenger and the F2000. Some of those differences are less than subtle. (e.g. anti-recoil upgrade = .1 on F2000, .85 on the Avenger)

Being patched as per the other thread.

Major.Pain
10-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I'd just like to wonder if this game has any good community, if it's balanced and if tis just a good game.
I'm thinking buying on steam but I just don't want to through away my money so some advice would be good. :D

Buy it, what you waitin for christmas ?

He@vens
10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
After 1 week of beta and two weeks of release or something I yet have to see teamplay in this game. Its exceedingly rare.

What is left is the same old:

- Victory is decided in the 2 to 10 minute mark.

- What follows is 30 to 40 minutes of sieging / XP farm until the winning team decides to finish the other or draws.

The game is ok and will keep you playing 2 to 3 weeks and probably more if you enjoy it, which is fine for its price, but I already bores me since only 1 of 100 games are close ones or the losing team wins with a masterful comeback.

If you like killing/destroying stuff go for it, if you like teamplay...

This is my experience of the game but other players may tell you otherwise.

Jesus Faction
10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I would like to see more comeback possible. It just seems so hard to comeback once you lose mid. It's just a downward spiral until you lose or draw.

Heiland
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Only 9 Server not all full, this game is already dead in one month none will play it. Community is not so bad. Balance is bad.

Swixel
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I would like to see more comeback possible. It just seems so hard to comeback once you lose mid. It's just a downward spiral until you lose or draw.

Mid produces 250; secondaries produce 100; tertiaries produce 50. (Fairly sure it's on the points too.) When they run out of stock they produce 50% of that (so 125/50/25). Holding both secondaries and a spare tertiary over the enemy team means that the midpoint isn't significant.

I've tried telling people this in game, but everyone wants the big shiny one.

You can hold (and possibly win) if you can shut down the power at the back, even if they hold mid. However, our biggest problem is the grenade bug (on some servers) stops us from sieging the power at the front with relatively mobile units (read: Assaults with the Grenade kit).

With the same resources, I'm finding that Empire usually gets hammered, mostly because they have single points of failure (why isn't my tower hooking up to everything -- why is it just one link -- I even tried to build a redundant grid twice and it just connects to one and when things fail it sits there? (bug or weird design choice?)).

There's also some minor deviations in weapons, which as has been pointed out should be patched. That said, they've gone with "user feedback from a small pool" over "straight maths", so we'll see how it goes.

MaGicBush
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Most (if not all?) of the guns are different. If they were the same weapons you wouldn't need the additional data files for the guns.

If you don't believe me, go look at the CTX data.

Ah didn't notice, never read the gun names when I play on each side lmao. Thanks for pointing it out :o.

Cronos The 42nd
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Only 9 Server not all full, this game is already dead in one month none will play it. Community is not so bad. Balance is bad.

"Balance is bad"
Except that the games are pretty much tied until the end, don't tell me otherwise, I have experianced this.

"Already dead"
Except for the servers that are full, and I always find newbies to the game.

Daish
10-06-2011, 05:53 PM
i see level 1 players on every day the game is growing

Heiland
10-07-2011, 12:55 AM
These level 1 players are the players with the free keys, there are not more than 340 players online a day Lead of Gold was better than this.

This game will die till end of the year for sure remember my words.

playn
10-07-2011, 01:04 AM
These level 1 players are the players with the free keys, there are not more than 340 players online a day Lead of Gold was better than this.

This game will die till end of the year for sure remember my words.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Those level 1 players bought the game. Prove otherwise... Yeah thought so.

/end feeding.

Heiland
10-07-2011, 01:16 AM
So prove they bought it!

here you get free key

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nuclear-Dawn-deutsch/289795894365714

and there is a option to get free keys i can not post here and i dont want to post here.

If so many have bought it, why isnt Nuclear Dawn not under the top sellers mmmhhh. Yeah i thought so.

This game is already dead only the fanbois dont see it

playn
10-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Last Schmacko in the box.

That doesn't prove that these level 1 players we see didn't buy the game.
Free keys being given away != every new player.

Heiland
10-07-2011, 02:26 AM
I want more Schmackos ;)

Sure not all are free Keys but growing community i cannot see this, but i would like to see it ;)

Cronos The 42nd
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
If you hate ND so much Heiland, it within your power to NOT post almost completely untrue crap, and go back to the COD-hole you probably came from.

Daish
10-07-2011, 09:46 PM

there are always new players in the servers 2-5 level 1 ranked every time Daish plays the Community is still growing at the moment

Swixel
10-07-2011, 10:00 PM
there are always new players in the servers 2-5 level 1 ranked every time Daish plays the Community is still growing at the moment

And after you left the server yesterday we had 20/32 players below level 10...

gumdrop
10-07-2011, 10:29 PM
This game is sweet.

tb87670
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
If you hate ND so much Heiland, it within your power to NOT post almost completely untrue crap, and go back to the COD-hole you probably came from.

When fanboi's get mad they pull the COD-card, even if the opposing party hates said-game. Game will bleed until December unless major action is taken by IWS as a good game idea was implemented poorly. It could be made good, whether or not it will be is up to the developers.

BarxB
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
TBH balance IS pretty bad.....

I find myself trying to convince myself to log in...only to be reminded of long clunky load times and poor general game balance (lets nerf the only thing supports got going for them? Med nades), and the fact that the first 5 min decides total victory....and I just go play something else instead lol.

Heiland
10-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Sorry Mr. Flameboy but it is the truth low population and bad balance, i will not lie to someone who asks me how the population and balance is.

The truth is low population and bad balance if you cannot see it you must living on a purple cloud.

PS: for your info i will like that game if the DEVS get there ♥♥♥ up and do something about Balance and Population.

Zoridium JackL
10-08-2011, 02:24 PM
balance isn't too bad, it does lean slightly towards consort because of their better energy distribution and the fact that their seige has splash making it more efficient (and dispite what people say the f2000 and the venger have the same stats per second) but this really only matters if all the good players flock to it, which happens sometimes, but most of the time (at least where i play) you get a good balance, consort still usually wins.

as for the community, it really depends on the server you play on, but i am yet to meet a troll, probably because trolls like to flock to the popular games.

as to the person who said that the game is decided in the first few seconds, I have a story.

yesterday I was playing as consort (because their stealth smg looks cooler... ♥♥♥♥ I'm vain), we had lost the prime early on and failed to get it back, but he had managed to hold of their advances due to earlier advanced kits (their commander had been neglecting his troopers) but we were all starting to get a little annoyed with our commander as well because he was building all these energy distributors up the left side while we were all telling him that we would lose if he didn't put up some defenses on the right side where we were being hit, then he told us all to go siege and spawn at the forward spawn he built right next to their base, we won 10 seconds later.

comebacks are easy if you find the flaws in their defense and go about it subtly.

mindfray
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Sorry Mr. Flameboy but it is the truth low population and bad balance, i will not lie to someone who asks me how the population and balance is.

The truth is low population and bad balance if you cannot see it you must living on a purple cloud.

PS: for your info i will like that game if the DEVS get there ♥♥♥ up and do something about Balance and Population.

I bring to the light how counterstrike was when the beta first came out, not cs source but cs for half life. it was buggy but it got better and became one of the most played games of all time.

yes the game has balance issues, but i still enjoy it. and i only notice the grenade bug less often now.

this game has flaws, but what game right after release had none?

FlyingMongoose
10-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I bring to the light how counterstrike was when the beta first came out, not cs source but cs for half life. it was buggy but it got better and became one of the most played games of all time.

yes the game has balance issues, but i still enjoy it. and i only notice the grenade bug less often now.

this game has flaws, but what game right after release had none?

... pong?

juicebox360
10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
... pong?

You know something's gone wrong when you have two sticks but only one ball

I'll be here all night, folks

Miaradz
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
chirp chirp chirp

FlyingMongoose
10-08-2011, 06:18 PM
chirp chirp chirp

***APPLAUSE***

mindfray
10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
but seriously, after i got used to the mechanics. the game has been great. I Usualy play on the "no heroes" or slaughterhouse servers since they ping nice and have lots of players.

recommended the game to my friends as well.

Miaradz
10-08-2011, 07:34 PM
***APPLAUSE***

Look man, paddling balls was so 80s. Get over it. It's all about the teabagging.

Come to think of it, teabagging in ND due to ragdoll death cam would be kinda humiliating.

Heiland
10-10-2011, 12:21 PM
5 Server on prime time this game is dead

Zoridium JackL
10-10-2011, 03:02 PM

nope, you'll see that pick up again either after a sale/free weekend or at Christmas, which is when a lot of players will pick it up because it's cheap and "looks okay".

MaGicBush
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM

You keep saying that, last time it was 3 servers :P. Seems to be staying steady, and possibly even rising slightly.

Swixel
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
The game is fine. There are a lot of people who refuse to accept it's not COD and that the RTS isn't Starcraft 2, and that they actually have to have some form of socially acceptable level of communication skills to win, but other than that it's fine.

Major.Pain
10-11-2011, 01:31 AM
The game is not dead, it has a regular 5 to 7 full servers most times of the day when i play, there is always a few level 1 or 2 players on the servers to which means that there is still new players joining all the time as well as the higher ranked regulars. The difficult thing at the moment is when certain people find they are on the losing side they will leave and because there is no auto balancing of teams at present the winning side will have an extra advantage of more players.
What i have noticed is some of the more experienced players doing is leaving the winning side and joining the losing side to balance out the numbers and try and pull a victory from what was other wise a certain steam roll defeat. These games tend to be the best games as joining the losing side you will fight tooth and nail, and use every dirty trick you can think of to gain the advantage and try and get the upper hand.
I encourage all of you higher ranked players to do this, it makes for a better match.

Heiland
10-11-2011, 03:08 AM
You keep saying that, last time it was 3 servers :P. Seems to be staying steady, and possibly even rising slightly.

Never said there were only 3 Server, so stop lieing.

And i still will post it, to give people a overview of the multiplayer activity. This is for many player a criterion for buying the game, and this is the thread is for.

/edit: I am playing at EU time never saw 5-7 full Server

Major.Pain
10-11-2011, 03:59 AM
/edit: 5 to 7 MOSTLY full servers, or though i just checked now for the hell of it and i am sad to say there are only 3 :(
Its midday here though so hope to be back up around 5 to 7 mark tonight.

Zoridium JackL
10-11-2011, 04:05 AM
never saw 5-7 full Server

so you're not counting anything at 31 and below?

because if that is true you are relaying the data in a very misleading fashion, as for this game being dead, the truth is far from it, it might not have as many players as a game like BF3, but this isn't a massive release and the player base will grow, and for the advertisement its received it's doing remarkably well.

Heiland
10-11-2011, 04:11 AM
No i mean there are 5 Server which are not all full, 18 of 32 players on some or 12/32.

Yes a community must grow right, but last week there were 9 Server now 5, this is not growing for me. I hope this game gets more player, but at the moment i cannot recommend it to a friend, i gave some friends a free key but they played it once and saw there were not much players and didnt play it again.

Freeweekend in Oktober must be. Maybe lower the Price to 14,99 or so.

Zoridium JackL
10-11-2011, 04:18 AM
No i mean there are 5 Server which are not all full, 18 of 32 players on some or 12/32.

Yes a community must grow right, but last week there were 9 Server now 5, this is not growing for me. I hope this game gets more player, but at the moment i cannot recommend it to a friend, i gave some friends a free key but they played it once and saw there were not much players and didnt play it again.

Freeweekend in Oktober must be. Maybe lower the Price to 14,99 or so.

well, I'm seeing more players now than I was last week, so it's either the time your on or the sample size your using that is making it so low.

Heiland
10-11-2011, 05:38 AM
i play at 20 - 23 hour, what do you mean with sample size?

rx_shorty
10-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Buy it, play it.
Make the community, be the community.

Wonderfull game what has loads of tactics.
Sometimes you could be frustrated because some of your team members don't know the game yet. But then again, it is fun to learn them.

To be honest, I am just level 21 right now and not even close to be a pro.
But love the gameplay!

Zoridium JackL
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
i play at 20 - 23 hour, what do you mean with sample size?

first of all, give a time of day, not 20-23 hour, that's bloody silly talk, and by sample size i mean are you looking at ALL servers EVERYWHERE, or just the servers within a certain connection, because i have been looking at just the AUS servers and i have to say i see nothing but growth, especially when we have one server full enough that people either have to wait for a spot or join a different server, when a week ago you were lucky to get the server completely full.

Miaradz
10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I think he meant 8-11pm. Without a timezonr though not much help.

Heiland
10-12-2011, 01:14 AM
first of all, give a time of day, not 20-23 hour, that's bloody silly talk, and by sample size i mean are you looking at ALL servers EVERYWHERE, or just the servers within a certain connection, because i have been looking at just the AUS servers and i have to say i see nothing but growth, especially when we have one server full enough that people either have to wait for a spot or join a different server, when a week ago you were lucky to get the server completely full.

In germany 8 pm is "20:00 uhr" sorry for that, and i look on ALL Server only filter is "player on it".

So your Server maybe grow, but last week 9 servers in my list this week 6 this is no growing and this is fact get it!

Zoridium JackL
10-12-2011, 02:01 AM
In germany 8 pm is "20:00 uhr" sorry for that, and i look on ALL Server only filter is "player on it".

So your Server maybe grow, but last week 9 servers in my list this week 6 this is no growing and this is fact get it!

as you said, still growing for me, so no it is not a fact, got it?

Heiland
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
5 Server at prime time EU it seems still gorwing lol