PDA

View Full Version : Level Editor won't start

BlinkyBlink
10-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Reinstalled my system with XP SP3 and all recent updates, Steam and Toki Tori. I can play the game, but the level editor won't work :(

when I try to use the level editor, the game game just closes. Trying to start the level editor manually ends with one of windows cryptic errors telling me the configuration is inproper and reinstalling the application may solve the issue.

Game integrety Checked ok. Redownloading the game didn't help either.

I'm wondering if there are any special dependencies (.net, C++ runtimes, etc) or if something else is wrong.

Has anyone run into this problem before and knows the solution?

BlinkyBlink
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
OK ran a dependency checker and found out it required MSVCP90.DLL. I noticed that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable was already installed probably during the game install. But it didn't include that DLL. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package fixed my problem :D

Eelke_TwoTribes
10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Oops, sorry about that!

Yeah, you'll need to manually install the
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5582).

We'll properly fix this in the next update, but for manually installing the redist will also fix the problem.