PDA

View Full Version : No multiplayer? Not buying.

Birdd
10-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Sad to say, let down of the year.

Maybe next time, friends.

Lurpsukka
10-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Cry more, if you had 10 seconds more of your precious time to look around this forum you'd see there are dozens of threads of the same subject.

Now go away.

crowell00
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Have fun not playing with yourself :)

komanko
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Cry more, if you had 10 seconds more of your precious time to look around this forum you'd see there are dozens of threads of the same subject.

Now go away.

I second that. You don't like the game don't buy it, no one is forcing you and certainly I don't think anyone would cry if there would be one less ♥♥♥♥♥♥ with this game.

s1234567890m
10-07-2011, 06:34 AM
why exactly is multiplayer so important? just get your friend to stand behind you and yell 'PUT IT ON THE WALL HURRY THERE COMING, YOU SUCK, HURRY UP'

Bragdras
10-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Just because a game doesn't have multiplayer doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it, several game don't really benefit in any ways from having multiplayer, this is one of them.

Satoru
10-07-2011, 11:33 AM
If you want a multiplayer version you can wait for Dungeon Defenders I suppose.

Codine
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm not getting this because of no online also. I already have tons of sp games and from what I played with the demo it really would be a lot of fun with friends. There's been so many big games coming out and there's even more in the coming weeks. I just can't justify putting $15 out for a sp only game thats just repetitive tower defence.

If they add online in the future like what sanctum did I'd get this. But for now I'll just stick with other games.

Fraxxxi
10-07-2011, 12:33 PM
a'ight bro, thanks for letting us know. precious input.

edit: referring to OP here, of course

Da5id1an
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
muliplayer in a tower defense game..................

what is wrong with ppl its like dealing with 5 year olds

AgingHobo
10-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Sad to say, let down of the year.

Maybe next time, friends.

You can always wait for the sequel 'Birdd Must Die!' Maybe they will put multiplayer in that one. Maybe.

Also, we're not your friends, just random people on the steam forums.

Hamster Gutz
10-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Let down of the year? This was actually the biggest surprise of the year, for me. I had never even heard of this game until I saw it on the steam front page a few days ago, played the demo and instantly bought it. :)

SixOkay
10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
If you want a multiplayer version you can wait for Dungeon Defenders I suppose.

Or get both games, have two great gaming experiences, and still have more money left in your pocket than if you bought a big triple-A release.

Hellstrong
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
kinda do agree with the OP about the letdown. not cause i dont like singleplayer games, its just this game... its so perfect for a coop (2-player coop would be perfect)its a mad fun game and it would be even more fun to me to play it with my gf or a other friend, imagine the lolz we would have ^_^
but yeah, cant have it all, still a great game and i will be buying it none the less.

komanko
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
kinda do agree with the OP about the letdown. not cause i dont like singleplayer games, its just this game... its so perfect for a coop (2-player coop would be perfect)its a mad fun game and it would be even more fun to me to play it with my gf or a other friend, imagine the lolz we would have ^_^
but yeah, cant have it all, still a great game and i will be buying it none the less.

As was explained hundreds of times before, this game plays so well becuase it didn't focus on hundreds of stuff at the same time. The developers focused on a simple, fun, and easy to get used to type of game which is SP focused.

If they would have added MP as well then what would have happened was that either the game release date would have been postponed or simply you would get a less thought up, successful, and awesome game because the team was focused on too much things at the same time.

I don't see why you would treat such a game as a letdown, from the demo it seems like a perfectly legit and awesome game, if they would add DLC in the future then only the better. If you think it'll get repetitive play in the nightmare mode which is supposed to be challenging from what is being told.

If the only thing which pulled you to look at this game is multiplayer that you might as well go away because there is not point for more people ranting about the same stupid issue after being told about fifteen times and fifteen different threads that there are no plans for multiplayer at the moment.

God, I thought that people got smart over the years... It appears that devolution is taking its course >.>

Thermal Ions
10-07-2011, 08:44 PM
How about going a bit easy there. Voicing one's opinion that they feel the playstyle presented in the game lends itself to multiplayer which they would personally like, shouldn't be met with abuse. Hellstrong's even indicated s/he will be supporting the dev's and buying it.

Look at it this way, if enough people express their opinions in an appropriate manner that they'd like a co-op version, then the dev's might decide to look at it as an option - everyone wins. If people couldn't be bothered to post about any aspect of the game they'd like to see expanded upon or improved, because they'll get shouted down or abused then maybe you won't see any DLC or not the DLC that the silent player base would prefer - everyone loses.

I also agree that a 2 player co-op version (local or preferably online) would be enjoyable. Obviously it wouldn't suit all current maps, but could work with the multiple entry/path maps or have specific maps designed for it. It's likely not something that can be thrown in quickly but in my mind it's something for the dev's to consider for possibly OMD2 if the existing code base doesn't lend itself to DLC retro-fitting with the necessary network code etc.

NuclearKetchup
10-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Would've enjoyed cooperative multiplayer. With many selectable characters and abilities. Could be much more :)

Birdd
10-07-2011, 11:22 PM
It's amazing to me how many people got defensive for me voicing my opinion in a non-rude manner, holy cow.

This game has a lot of features that would work great in a co-op game, so much so that I assumed from videos posted on IGN and such that it was going to be multiplayer.. not until a day or two ago did 5 of my friends go "Hey, guess what? OMD has no MP, we're not buying it now, are you?"

I played the demo, and it's fun for a demo, but there is no way I will be able to play this game by myself and have fun for the entire game...I feel it will have the PvZ feel, and just become a bit monotonous

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not calling you all idiots for enjoying a single player game...I don't understand why it makes me a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ or an idiot for saying I would like multiplayer.

Now remember, FOR ME, this was the disappointment of the year, I haven't bought a single title this year because of the craze of making games that just aren't good enough, but the hype lets them pretend they will be, and this game, just like all the others...is good. But just not good enough, $15 is practically nothing for a great game, but I'm not going to support something I feel needs more, when you buy a game you're just another sale number.

s1234567890m
10-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Mainly b/c you come across as a ♥♥♥♥.

If you have high expectations expect to be disapointed, to live and not gamble a little is sad. IF you Buy cheap games like terraria and magica hardly see where your high standards come in tho.

lc520
10-08-2011, 01:12 AM
As was explained hundreds of times before, this game plays so well becuase it didn't focus on hundreds of stuff at the same time. The developers focused on a simple, fun, and easy to get used to type of game which is SP focused.

If they would have added MP as well then what would have happened was that either the game release date would have been postponed or simply you would get a less thought up, successful, and awesome game because the team was focused on too much things at the same time.

I don't see why you would treat such a game as a letdown, from the demo it seems like a perfectly legit and awesome game, if they would add DLC in the future then only the better. If you think it'll get repetitive play in the nightmare mode which is supposed to be challenging from what is being told.

If the only thing which pulled you to look at this game is multiplayer that you might as well go away because there is not point for more people ranting about the same stupid issue after being told about fifteen times and fifteen different threads that there are no plans for multiplayer at the moment.

God, I thought that people got smart over the years... It appears that devolution is taking its course >.>

So because he didnt see the other posts, he is retarted? Which asylum did you break out of? :D

Codine
10-08-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't think the devs will be releasing an online patch for the future since SixOkay told everybody to get dungeon defenders if you're looking for an online experience...

Or get both games, have two great gaming experiences, and still have more money left in your pocket than if you bought a big triple-A release.

And that's what I'll do. I like the concept of orcs must die more but I can get way more enjoyment and playtime out of dungeon defender. I'm sure its going to be a fun game but DD has multiple classes and a whole rpg system that adds to the replay. I'm not saying DD is a better game, both have their charms in the tower defense genre, but no online makes the deal for me.

If this game goes on sale or if they actually do intend to release an online mode I will buy it the first chance I get.

Vustom
10-08-2011, 02:21 AM
This looks like a game that would be awesome for co-op, real shame they never implanted it. :(

komanko
10-08-2011, 04:04 AM
The point was that one should research a bit before throwing his random question as people. If he would've bothered looking for 5 minutes he would've saw that the question have been answered a thousand times.

just to clarify it wasn't entirely directed at hell but to all those idiots who can't ♥♥♥♥ing bother to search something by themselves.

Tecnotronics
10-08-2011, 05:10 AM
This game has a more Plants vs Zombie feel to it. There are some other Steam games with Tower Defense if you guys trying to refine your gamer palette (Defense Grid for hardcore micromanagement single player, Sanctum for multiplayer with limited maps, League of Legend or MOBA style for one map games where you gotta punish your buds to play it with you, Plants vs Zombies for single player or household use).

I don't know about Dungeon Defender it looks like it has multplayer but is super boring (like Spyro the dragon or something). I already want a DLC with additional maps for this game lol. Got to numba 25 all-time kills and numba 2 on the leaderboard in the hallways with dynamite and using the wind gloves (and I'm such a tool I was thinking the arrow trap was the best...)

(edit its a good thing the devs consider training in multiplayer offerings for the next games... I suggested that on skyrim boards like 'can I send my pops a leather armor and got insta-banned for how hard that is to code lol...).

Tulipopa
10-08-2011, 05:11 AM

This game is not tower defense. It's a strategy/action-game with hero- and tower defense elements.

The hero defense element is what makes people want multi-player. If you had to play as "god" from far-away like in defense grid or in revenge of the titans, majority wouldn't really care for the multi-player at all.

s1234567890m
10-08-2011, 05:26 AM
wowpst and Metro kind of hit it on the head.

Coming off of Halo Wars and then Age of Empires Online, our team wanted to focus on a smaller game that we could complete inside of a year and sell at an inexpensive price. Given our pedigree, though, we wanted to keep the AAA quality that people would expect from us. That meant being really honest early in the process and cutting out things that were going to balloon the project into something that stretched beyond the reasonable boundaries of price and development time we had set. Multiplayer was one of those features.

It's very easy to imagine how cool it would be to play this game in competitive or cooperative multiplayer, but it's also just as easy to imagine how that impacts a lot of the game - there's huge design implications, art implications, and technical issues to hurdle like performance over a network. Sure, those can all be solved, but they add a lot of development time to any game. That's not excuses, it's just the facts of game development.

With all of that said, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the amount of game that you'll find in OMD! for the price. The primary campaign is abuot 7-8 hours for the average gamer. Beyond that, there's the 5-skull system that encourages you to replay to unlock skulls and upgrade traps, there's a Nightmare campaign that's really intense and really fun, there are very granular leaderboards so you can compete for hte best scores on levels. There's quite a bit of game in there. There will be a demo available on Steam so that you can try it out for yourself before you buy, if you're still skeptical.

It wasnt in the cards, whinging about it now, so close to release wont make then rush out a multi DLC

Winter Seal
10-08-2011, 07:48 AM

Now go away.

If you had consumed 10 seconds more of your own time you would realize your opinion is worthless.

Winter Seal
10-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Or you guys can choose to make co-op games instead of forcing us to pirate the game because you made it singleplayer.

I don't condone pirating but I will not pay for a singleplayer game ever again, well, actually I'll pay 1 cent for a singleplayer game which is what I paid for the humble indie bundle.

I'm not poor, not rich, but I will not support any singleplayer developers.

komanko
10-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Or you guys can choose to make co-op games instead of forcing us to pirate the game because you made it singleplayer.

I don't condone pirating but I will not pay for a singleplayer game ever again, well, actually I'll pay 1 cent for a singleplayer game which is what I paid for the humble indie bundle.

Good for you

Rebmes
10-08-2011, 10:22 AM

I too am sick and tired of crappy coop modes for tower defense. -.-

Hellstrong
10-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Holy .... if you had actually read my post beyond the 1st line youd know i didnt think this game whas a letdown at all, quite the opposit.
As was explained hundreds of times beforei didnt ask... i can read...
If the only thing which pulled you to look at this game is multiplayer that you might as well go away because there is not point for more people ranting about the same stupid issuelol ok im sure u didnt read, i didnt rant, i made a post cause i wanted to let the devs know how awesome i think this game is, and the only thing that would make it better for me is indeed being able to play with my gf. am i allowed to? yes ty.

Birdd
10-08-2011, 01:24 PM
The point was that one should research a bit before throwing his random question as people. If he would've bothered looking for 5 minutes he would've saw that the question have been answered a thousand times.

just to clarify it wasn't entirely directed at hell but to all those idiots who can't ♥♥♥♥ing bother to search something by themselves.

It's funny how you call people like me an idiot, when it seems you have no idea about what this thread is.

I did not ask if there was multiplayer or not, I said because there is no multiplayer I will not be buying the game.

Holy mother of god it amazes the words that come out of peoples minds these days, calling people idiots when they have 0 idea what is going on. I guess that post count is important.

Anyway, no..I'm not buying Dungeon Defenders either. Why? it has no appeal. It doesn't LOOK fun, on paper it might sound great sure, but it doesn't have the appeal this game has in any way shape or form. I don't want another game LIKE this to have co-op..I want THIS game to have co-op.

I'm just hoping one day a modding community can start so we can have custom maps and multiplayer mods, unless the devs actually have multiplayer planned for the future, but as far as I've seen it's been a "I don't know, maybe!" which is always a ploy to get the hopefuls to buy the game and never get what they want.

Winter Seal
10-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I too am sick and tired of crappy coop modes for tower defense. -.-

Yeah, it's like dealing with 5 year olds, evidently this guy hasn't played enough tower defense games because some of them have REALLY good co-op.

Dang unintelligent noobs thinking that some games are better left singelplayer.

wowpst
10-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Some games ARE better left single-player.

Like ... oh ... Orcs Must Die!

Birdd
10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Some games ARE better left single-player.

Like ... oh ... Orcs Must Die!

You're wrong, I'm not going to list off the reasons why, but this game begs for co-op, and there are PLENTY of people who think so.

wowpst
10-08-2011, 06:08 PM
You're wrong, I'm not going to list off the reasons why, but this game begs for co-op, and there are PLENTY of people who think so.

That's cool. They -- and you -- are entitled to your opinions, if that's what makes you happy. If OMD's successor has multiplayer, you'll get everything you're asking for, right?

In the meantime, I'll play the game that's coming NOW (instead of waiting and complaining about what it isn't) and let you guys use your opinions to entertain yourselves instead. :cool:

s1234567890m
10-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Plenty of people thought W bush would be a good president, people thougth Palin was a good candidate. Americans granted

The community isnt making the game, im not going to list of the reasons why but the devs decided to not worry about coop

Birdd
10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
That's cool. They -- and you -- are entitled to your opinions, if that's what makes you happy. If OMD's successor has multiplayer, you'll get everything you're asking for, right?

In the meantime, I'll play the game that's coming NOW (instead of waiting and complaining about what it isn't) and let you guys use your opinions to entertain yourselves instead. :cool:

Yeah, everything I ask for..in two more years, cool.

I'm not complaining either, you might be mixing me up with someone who isn't the OP...I'm just simply not buying the game.

They aren't idiots for not including it, I don't hate them for it, they don't deserve to get 0 sales....I'm just not buying the game, and neither are any of my friends.

Why bring it up then? why does it matter? Because it's what we* want, it's the kind of thing we are looking forward to. My words mean nothing I know, but I'm on the internet and I feel everybody should read my feelings because I'm the most important person on the planet**

I'm simply saying this game is a let down because it doesn't live up to what I want it to be, and I'm not buying it for that reason. Have fun with the game, I hope you do, but if you can't understand why this game is just a big ♥♥♥♥ tease to co-op lovers...you are out of your mind.

* we = my friends

** Obvious sarcasm.

Plenty of people thought W bush would be a good president, people thougth Palin was a good candidate. Americans granted

The community isnt making the game, im not going to list of the reasons why but the devs decided to not worry about coop

That quite possibly could be one of the worst and most unfitting analogies I have read on this forum, well done.

g33kMoZzY
10-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, it's like dealing with 5 year olds, evidently this guy hasn't played enough tower defense games because some of them have REALLY good co-op.

Ofcourse SOME games are better as a singelplayer game for various reasons.
Also there are some REALLY horrible co-op TD games aswell, and co-op usually just adds frustation since peoples are so freaking bad.

QualityJeverage
10-08-2011, 10:05 PM

Forcing you to pirate it? Oh boy. You've got quite the entitlement complex there. Don't like singleplayer games? Take an actual stand and don't play them at all. You destroy the validity of your argument when you act like you somehow have a god-given right to play the game. I guess if that's what it takes for you to justify it in your head, so be it. Probably would be better to just be honest about it though.

Refusing to pay just so you can pirate them is simply finding an excuse for cheapness, ignorance, laziness, whatever adjective you find palatable.

Also, with regards to the Humble Indie Bundle, you can divide your donation however you want. You could donate $10 and give every penny to charity, with nothing going to the developers. So, yeah. You look like a terrific human being right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I've very little patience for that kind of deluded tripe.

Zealto
10-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Forcing you to pirate it? Oh boy. You've got quite the entitlement complex there. Don't like singleplayer games? Take an actual stand and don't play them at all. You destroy the validity of your argument when you act like you somehow have a god-given right to play the game. I guess if that's what it takes for you to justify it in your head, so be it. Probably would be better to just be honest about it though.

Refusing to pay just so you can pirate them is simply finding an excuse for cheapness, ignorance, laziness, whatever adjective you find palatable.

Also, with regards to the Humble Indie Bundle, you can divide your donation however you want. You could donate $10 and give every penny to charity, with nothing going to the developers. So, yeah. You look like a terrific human being right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I've very little patience for that kind of deluded tripe.

Almost as much patience as I have got for people that think developers are losing money from people who had no interest in paying for a game. Either they don't pirate and don't pay the developers or they do pirate and don't pay the developers.

Hell, this person you are telling to not play the game could actually end up liking it to the point where he tells all of his friends to buy it, himself included. Even if he doesn't, that potential is being wasted just because you are going white knight on pirates.

QualityJeverage
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Almost as much patience as I have got for people that think developers are losing money from people who had no interest in paying for a game. Either they don't pirate and don't pay the developers or they do pirate and don't pay the developers.

Hell, this person you are telling to not play the game could actually end up liking it to the point where he tells all of his friends to buy it, himself included. Even if he doesn't, that potential is being wasted just because you are going white knight on pirates.

If this were the "I'm pirating because I want to try the game" argument, it'd be less upsetting. Although the game does have a perfectly serviceable demo, so that wouldn't hold much weight.

But it isn't. It's "I feel personally insulted that this is a singleplayer game. Since I refuse to pay for that, you are forcing me to steal it."

That's just nonsense. He's trying to justify piracy by making himself feel as though he's taking some kind of stand. I can't stop people from pirating games. All I'd like is that they stop trying to delude themselves (And everyone else) into thinking they're being heroes when they do it.