PDA

View Full Version : Non Refraction Explosions Blocking View...

ActionPoohole
10-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Hi WXP guys, hey everyone, hey hey hey

..so When you turn off refractions the explosions become far too dense to see through.

Turning on refractions makes me lose frames at critical times.

I've been fighting with my pc to improve on my Canyon Wreckage run but I think I'll have to wait until I get a new computer.

I think it would be nice to perhaps have the 'refractions off explosions' warp from visible to translucent like a radial gradient ripple..

Maybe there are other ways to improve performance? I understand that you are probably using a solid explosion texture but whilst there is a LOT of stuff exploding it blocks your view pretty badly. Obviously it lasts only fractions of seconds but that's all the time you really have to make consecutive shots in a speed run.

At the moment I can't use that option without it interfering with the gameplay. It feels like smoke screens.

Just my view if you don't like it then just like whatever go bake a cake with your mother or have scones for tea with aunty Jane or something. Sigh.

Oh how I miss Scones with Aunty Jane...

Pyronious
10-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Which explosions are you having trouble with? Scab plants? I don't know if there's much I can do about that but I'll see if I can make them fade out.

ActionPoohole
10-14-2011, 04:41 AM
When brains explode :P

Just blocks your view way too much. Sorry my computer is a bit getting on will be upgrading hopefully in a week or 2 now :P

Thanks Pyro!

... So I'm guessing you don't like having scones with your Aunty Jane...

Pyronious
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Actually we are kind of famous for scones around these parts.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/09/14/1822929/fisher-scones-100-million-served.html