PDA

View Full Version : Practical unarmed combat?

pimpmafuqa
10-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Every single time I play an Elder Scrolls game I cant help but strip my characters weapons and go melee for my first character. Sadly you can only play about 1/4th through the game when your strikes begin to do close to no damage. It would be awesome if they added some elemental spells you can cast on your fists of some sort, or perhaps disarming moves, stunning strikes (yes have been implemented before, but were terrible) throws, choke holds, counters, dodge and counters. I'm not saying i want a full MMA move set or anything that would be ridiculous, but there's something fun about slamming a wolf in a rear naked choke, and actually having the ability to KILL with unarmed.

And please don't try saying that making this would be too difficult or too complicated for Bethesda to do. Everyone knows a PC game has unlimited possibilities be it through modding or updates. Id just prefer to not have to download a mod to be able to man handle a beast.

Lone_Sword
10-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool if they had a "fists" weapon type. Whether they be brass knuckles, hand-wraps, or something like that, who knows. For some reason, I doubt you'd be able to play straight-up fists only. Maybe if you purposefully over-level(now that everything in the world doesn't scale to your level), you might be able to pull it off.

pimpmafuqa
10-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Surely it could be pulled off, but I'm sure with great difficulty. It would be nice if it were just viable haha. In all the others they supplied the skills and even the build for unarmed combat. Even going fully into unarmed your character couldn't do much. I'm not saying make it easier to go unarmed, just make it as a viable way of playing. And I agree even having fist weapons that were considered fist weapons would be cool. be it a blade fist or simply steal spiked gauntlets. Or if you've trained into unarmed, when you find new gloves it shows it defense and such, then in a side note the damage they cause in combat from unarmed like what Diablo 2 did for shield with smite pallies. :p Not that the Numbers matched a Smite paladins massive damage in any way. -_-

BlightedArt
10-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I'd love to see unarmed have it's own standing, and think it should be as effective as blunt or blade: any master of unarmed can actuall be just as lethal, with severe crippling moves.

^ and even if that's not the case, there are walking talking lizards and cats in this game, so a little punch-up power wouldn't be too unbelievable. :P

Can you think of anything more bad-♥♥♥ and Nordic than punching a dragon to death?

Psychological
10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I've wanted to make a monk type of character forever.

But nnoooooo! they say, "This is a world with swords and armor!" they say "We can't have monks!"

"but you already have a preset class titled 'monk' with one of the main skills being unarmed" I reply "WELL SCREW YOU, PSYCHO. NO MONKEY TYPE-Y FLYING MARTIAL ARTSY STUFF!"

And then I get real quiet, because now I see the predicament that I'm in.

gojumpoffaduck
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Chuck Norris The Game would definitely have the option of punching dragons to death.

pimpmafuqa
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
If they do end up implementing a GOOD unarmed set up... Good god... Pants. creamed. GG.