PDA

View Full Version : Balak video guide

Grimmwold
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
This video guide is targeted towards people who want to be a dwarf with one arm and a sniper rifle. If you do not want to be a dwarf with one arm and a sniper rifle, you should still watch this video because it involves dynamite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqs7HuH8k8

As always, comments, criticism, and random words strung together are welcome.

Grimmwold
10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
So I've been playing other characters and Balak continues to be a problem. Please don't build mageslayers, please don't build arcanist orb. You are compromising your effectiveness as building mana regeneration items versus damage items is a loss you cannot afford(less damage means you do not kill as fast, which means you die more). The only mana recovery items I can say are useful are the Staff of Eurydium and Blood drinker, as both scale off your damage(staff is a spirit vamp version of Randarz blade, which I see quite often and approve of, the other gives you a large amount of life steal to keep your HP buffer intact). Do not rush a blood drinker however, as low damage=low spirit vamp.

Your E is a net damage loss in the early/mid game, gives minimal advantage left on as opposed to smart usage, and is a spot better filled with the Q ability(which will boost your survivability by letting you hang out far from the damage).

Consider that you could increase your damage via a serrated blade(which will roughly approximate a constant E for damage on a specific target. You are a sniper, not a machine gunner), for the same price you spend on mana items. The only difference is nobody was ever killed by a large mana bar, but mad DPS takes lives in a way best expressed as pwned per second. I'd rather live and win with an empty mana bar than die with a full one.

karmacappa
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
If you're feeling low on kills with a DPS character, you might need to get more DPS items. That's the rule I live by. :)